Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

List of airports with Premier security lines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2004, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: former UA1K, Marriott/Hilton Silver

I'm a UA Premier, I had to fly through PIT on US (earning MP miles), arrived at the airport and had to change my ticket due to cancelled connecting flight the previous night due to weather (another story), no line at the US First class/Preferred check-in, luckily the agent mentioned to take the Preferred security line "on the left", what a great tip because the regular security line went on forever, Premier status=Preferred on US, short line and I made my flight...success! ^

I thought a great idea for a thread would be to list all airports where our United Premier status offers us an elite security line. List: 1) airport 2) airline 3)terminal 4) location of elite line

My example: PIT, US, main terminal, on the left of regular security line
(I got the idea from the LAX security thread from yesterday-thanks to PremierExecMRE)
Old Jun 22, 2004, 8:03 am

An entire thread is probably not necessary. The UA info is generally available alphabetically by airport (which this thread would not be) here. The US info is generally available with the pop-up link under "Airport Check-In" at this link.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dave M
An entire thread is probably not necessary. The UA info is generally available alphabetically by airport (which this thread would not be) here. The US info is generally available with the pop-up link under "Airport Check-In" at this link.
I like the idea. The links you post only tell general security line info. We should have a sticky posy listing where the premier lines are at which airports. Sometimes they're hidden or away from the general line, like at LAX. Would be helpful.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
OK, I'll get started

Here are the ones I know about off the top of my head:

Denver
Main security area
First class, elite line (most airlines)

Seattle
Security area for N-gates
First class, Premier Executive and 1K

Chicago O'Hare
Security area for B and C gates
First class, Premier, Premier Executive and 1K
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA; Amtrak
Some airports shut down their elite lines at different times, though hopefully that implies general waits are not too long. Anyway, my usual airports are easy to remember:

Baltimore-Washington (BWI)
Terminal D screening
None

Washington-Dulles (IAD)
Main screening
None
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
Here is what I can remember

Minneapolis/St.Paul (MSP)
Main terminal
Checkpoint just to the right of Delta Check-in
Premier Exec/1K/UGS/*Gold/ F and C customers

Ft Lauderdale (FLL)
Terminal 3 Concorse F
First Class and Business Class only (bummer as FLL is becoming all Ted soon)

Terminal 1 Concorse C
Continental Elite Access line for PE and 1K when using CO Connection as a UA code share

Albany (ALB)
Main Terminal
First and Business Class only
Old Jun 22, 2004, 2:02 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Anyone know if I fly LAS-LAX (Ted) then LAX-SEA in F...Will the check-in agent give me a coveted 'First Class' stamp on my LAS-LAX boarding pass?

I'm doing this routing in August and was just curious...Will not be paid F, just hoping my upgrade clears.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 2:23 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MBS PremExec
Anyone know if I fly LAS-LAX (Ted) then LAX-SEA in F...Will the check-in agent give me a coveted 'First Class' stamp on my LAS-LAX boarding pass?

I'm doing this routing in August and was just curious...Will not be paid F, just hoping my upgrade clears.
Are the stamps enough? Last I heard, you must have a confirmed F seat out of LAS.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
No premiere lines at IAD, BWI

Originally Posted by choster
Some airports shut down their elite lines at different times, though hopefully that implies general waits are not too long. Anyway, my usual airports are easy to remember:

Baltimore-Washington (BWI)
Terminal D screening
None

Washington-Dulles (IAD)
Main screening
None
These are my airports too. What a bummer!!! With all the promotions and competition at Dulles, a premier line would be a big selling point for them. Why don't they have one????
Old Jun 22, 2004, 9:03 pm

The Stamp Worked for me...

Originally Posted by MBS PremExec

I had a TED LAS-LAX on 6/4 then LAS-BOS in F. When the agent handed me my BP's I asked him about the stamp. He happily stamped my TED BP with the red "First Class" stamp. He then mentioned he wasn't sure if it would work as the city(airport?) has been giving UA a hard time about the stamps as they are TED flights. He also mentioned that UA has been meeting with the city about allowing the use of the stamp as it doesn't always work now. Seems the airport doesn't want to accept the stamps.

FWIW - it worked like a charm for me, no hassels and two months ago on a TED the stamped work as well. Don't know if it will work everytime though based upon what the agent said.

Good Luck!
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Avis something or other
Unhappy Denver for Prem Exec and higher only

[QUOTE=JohnnyP]Here are the ones I know about off the top of my head:

Denver
Main security area
First class, elite line (most airlines)

I think its important to note that DEN status lines are for Premier Exec and higher only. Premiers are not allowed in.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:54 pm

I am pretty sure there is a priority line at PDX, which is available for First/Business and elite members of any airline. I remember seeing a sign with a picture of many elite cards, which said something like "if you have one of these cards you may use this line."

I believe PHX also has a First/Business/Elite security line, at least in the UA terminal.

Does anyone know the official policy for Ted/UX connections. For example, if one flies UX out of PHX connecting to C/F in LAX, can one use the First Class security line (and check-in line) in PHX if one has no elite status?
Old Jun 29, 2004, 4:31 pm

Some others.....

SEA has elite security lines, 1P and above. That's a big timesaver, I usually get through in less than 5 minutes at any day or time.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 7:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
My domestic pair of CMH and CLT both have elite lines for Premier members. Although at CLT you must walk over towards USAir to find it and more often then not the security line just to the right of the ticket counter (no elite line) is much quicker. HNL, SFO, MIA (last time I was there, may be changed now after my beloved LatAm flights have left) all have elite lines.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by MSY-MSP
Ft Lauderdale (FLL)
Terminal 3 Concorse F
First Class and Business Class only (bummer as FLL is becoming all Ted soon)

While the line is officially First/Business only, a couple times they have let me in upon seeing the gold boarding pass. I haven't ever asked, the ticket checkers have just directed me to the line when seeing my boarding pass. Apparently there is no "official" stamp like LAS uses, so maybe they just think that gold boarding pass means first class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.