Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Meriden, CT [Master Thread]

Four Points Meriden, CT [Master Thread]

Old Jul 13, 2004, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Arrow Four Points Meriden, CT [Master Thread]

I am staying at the new Four Points in Meriden, CT and have so far been thoroughly impressed. This former Ramada Inn became a 4-Points 2 weeks ago I was told and is going through a thorough renovation. It definitely has the best bed I have seen at a 4-Points and furnishings are all new. The hotel is still undergoing renovations on some floors and the common areas. The restaurant is pretty decent as well. There was a little hiccup upon checkin, but I'm sure thats just a part of the learning curve. Its definitely the best 4-Points I've stayed at.
Old Jul 14, 2004, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by zakami
I am staying at the new Four Points in Meriden, CT and have so far been thoroughly impressed.
I stayed there on July 4th for one night before heading home after our fireworks season and was impressed as well. Still some work to be done, walls are a little sparce etc. People treated me very nicely and one can see the potential. I forget what they called their bed ......"Four Comfort" or something like that, but it was VERY comfy.
They welcomed me as their very first VIP (aka Plat)!!

Last edited by fireworksboy; Jul 14, 2004 at 6:46 am
Old Jun 29, 2008, 9:24 am

Not much written about experiences at this hotel, so I thought I would contribute my experiences. On Friday, we were in New Haven CT, and we thought it was easier to stay over rather than try to drive home in heavy traffic, so we searched for nearby properties. Two Starwood competitors were sold out in New Haven, so we booked at this property by calling the hotel, 17 miles from the center of New Haven and reserving two rooms. As has been pointed out by a unhappy poster in another thread, the property is off the beaten path;however with GPS it turned out to be an easy straight shot up Interstate 91, then about a mile off the interstate in Meriden. Upon checkin, we found our reservations for two rooms were merged into 1 room, and fortunately, there were rooms available to unmerge the reservations into 2 rooms. I was recognized as a Platinum and given a choice of the welcoming ammenities (took the 250 points). However checkin seemed to take forever, perhaps as long as 10 minutes. Our friend became inpatient while waiting, and decided he needed to go out to his car to bring additional clothes in for the night. Upon his return, we still were in the process of checking in. We were given rooms 511 and 513 on the SPG floor, which were standard-sized rooms, but they had bathrobes and a complimentary bottle of water. The light on the left side of the bed did not work so I pulled on the plug and it came out easily from under the bed. I then rolled the bed away from the wall, but could not plug the light in as the nearest outlet was on the other side of the bed, far beyond an outstretched plug. (I wasn't going to read anyway) Guess they were trying to hide this problem from guests.

The airconditioners were window units and quite noisy causing my wife and our friend in the next room to mention that they were awaken during the night by the noise of the AC kicking on.

We had breakfast in the Sports Bar in the AM and it was satisfactory. Previously a OP indicated that the kitchen staff did not show for breakfast: it appeared to us that the kitchen and the dining room was adequately staffed to provide the service we all expect. Our walk through the hotel found the carpet dirty in numerous places (my wife always checks the carpet). There is an indoor pool which we did not try, as many of the guests had kids, all whom seemed to be having great fun in the pool. Guests have access to a computer which is behind a locked door of the business center which I used to book another AA flight. I remember being told that I needed to insert the room key into the lock, and then lift up on the door latch on checkin. When I slid my key into the door, the green indicator light in the door came on, but when I pushed down on the door latch, the door would not open. I tried it again, and then again, but with the same result, the door would not open. I then went to the desk clerk for help, and he chuckled, stating that the door latch was put on incorrectly, and one needed to lift the latch up, rather than press the latch down! I followed his directions, and the door magically opened!

The hotel offered us reasonably priced safe accomodations for a night, and is convenient for those traveling Interstate 91 from Boston to NYC. It lies about 20 minutes from New Haven, a trip that we considered too long to do again in the dark if we did not know the location of the hotel, or did not have GPS.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Life_Platinum

The airconditioners were window units and quite noisy causing my wife and our friend in the next room to mention that they were awaken during the night by the noise of the AC kicking on.
That should teach your wife for sleeping in your friends room and not yours.did your friends wife sleep in your room?
Old May 19, 2009, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE
Need review/info for 4P Meridien, CT

I'm waiting for a smart-... comment about doing a search.
"Meridien" generates 20 pages of results.
God forbid Starwood opens a hotel in Sheraton, Indiana.

Please save search comments, and if anyone has updated info about this hotel, let me know. Thanks

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 20, 2009 at 11:06 am Reason: Merged into master thread
Old May 19, 2009, 1:11 pm

FYI, It's Meriden, Ct. (Not Meridien, which would definitely bring up more search results).
Old May 19, 2009, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
The staff goes above and beyond. They're the only SPG property in CT that I actually look forward to staying at.
Old May 20, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
What do you specifically want to know? I've stayed there about 20 times in the last two years.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Stayed there for a very brief 4 hours this week after arriving at 4:30 am. The front desk celrk checked me in quickly and gave me the AAA rate. She then had me roll dice, which generated a free breakfast. The room was nothing to remark upon except that it had no soap. The internet was very fast, except at that time of the morning maybe noone else was using it.

The breakfast buffet selection had chocolate chip, but not regular, pancakes.

Also you can have your wedding there with dinner, 1 hour open bar for 100 people, and the honeymoon suite for $5,500, in case anyone is looking
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:19 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by TimMeineke
Stayed there for a very brief 4 hours this week after arriving at 4:30 am. The front desk celrk checked me in quickly and gave me the AAA rate. She then had me roll dice, which generated a free breakfast. The room was nothing to remark upon except that it had no soap. The internet was very fast, except at that time of the morning maybe noone else was using it.

The breakfast buffet selection had chocolate chip, but not regular, pancakes.

Also you can have your wedding there with dinner, 1 hour open bar for 100 people, and the honeymoon suite for $5,500, in case anyone is looking
I have stayed here a lot lately and the staff could not be nicer. For what it is this is a perfectly pleasant hotel and the suites are nice. They just upgraded the wifi and it works great.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
have been there 6 times over the last 4-6 weeks.

Property is rough, but they throw points at you for extra promos. The place definitely is due for an upgrade, and should be started soon as per sales manager
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
In Praise of the 4 Points Meriden

We had a room booked for last night to get out of our powerless (and heatless) house. The front desk was a madhouse at 5pm, with people waiting for rooms (it seems as though people did not leave at the designated check out time and housekeeping was severely backed-up). In addition, they were getting about 1 walk in every 10 minutes (turned them away - hotel is booked through Sunday) and about 1 phone call per minute with people looking for rooms. The three ladies at the front desk handled it with grace and poise and kept those of us waiting for rooms updated (and gave out drink coupons, which was very nice). In the end, we got our room around 6:30 and our power came on at 9, so we left, but they did a great job.
Old May 20, 2012, 3:20 am

I just got a letter from the property. I stayed there for business in September 2011 and they just realized they never charged me, 8 months later, and will be charging me! And I never noticed.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by renegurl
I just got a letter from the property. I stayed there for business in September 2011 and they just realized they never charged me, 8 months later, and will be charging me! And I never noticed.
Is that even legal?
Old May 21, 2012, 7:38 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Is that even legal?
Not charging you or asking for their money 8 months later? I think they would have as long as the statute of limitation is in CT for contracts. In the end if you owe the money you should pay it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.