Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best room/suite whit a view?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2004, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Lightbulb Best room/suite whit a view?

Which is the best room whit a view where you have stayed? Anywhere...
My wife and I plan a romantic escape.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by oximoron; Aug 21, 2004 at 4:38 pm
Old Aug 7, 2004, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

For romance, I would suggest an Over-the Water Bungalow at the Hotel Bora Bora (French Polynesia). I see that you list your home as Italy, if you want to stay in Italy, another great choice is the Hemingway Suite at the Gritti Palace in Venice.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 12:41 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Burj in Dubai, if your only criteria is the room (size and opulence of furnishings), quality of hotel service, and view. Otherwise lots of places would be a better choice, but often with limited view (such as the excellent suggestion of the Hemingway suite above). Burj info at http://www.burjalarab-hotel-dubai.com/
Old Aug 7, 2004, 6:13 pm
skye

Definitely the Peninsula Suite at the HK Pen.

Old Aug 7, 2004, 6:49 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
The Honeymoon Suite at the Four Seasons George V in Paris having 2 or 3 terraces with direct views of the Eiffel Tower. Couldn't afford the 3500 Euro price tag but at least the hotel showed me the suite.....

The Bernstein Suite at the Hotel de Crillon overlooking the Place de la Concorde with terrace is also quite spectacular. Didn't stay but was able to view.... quite amazing.....

The Palladio Suite at the Hotel Cipriani in Venice seems quite sumptuous with its own private motor launch and pilot......

I think of this list the Four Seasons is the least expensive option......!!
Old Aug 8, 2004, 7:01 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Indrakila Suite - Amankila - Bali, Indonesia.
Search for my thread about Amankila on this luxury hotel forum for a complete description. If it's view you're after, and you like volcanic islands, there is nothing better.

Amankila Hotel Web Site:
www.amanresorts.com

Pictures of Indrakila Suite (not mine, someone else's):
http://www.superidee.be/dynframe.asp...ionLanguage=NL
Old Aug 8, 2004, 8:12 am

Programs: UAL, NWA, AA
Definitely NOT
"Over-the Water Bungalow at the Hotel Bora Bora"... nor in any other place.
It took ages to reach French Polinesia. The "above the water" are cheapos designed to squeeze the maximum number of rooms at minimum space. You can't jump in the water, no beach next to you. Needless to sy, they have aircon in a great weather with no mosquitos. If you DO go to Bora Bora (nature is worthy), get a private big bungalo on a private beach (better view) and no aircon. We got the best beach villa at Matirra and felt prety pleased about it. We had more privacy than a big hotel (the hotel had less than 10 villas at the location) and the room-standard was great (no air-con) - suite with living room and semi-open bathroom. The hotel had two locations and this particular one no more than 10 villas, with us ocupying a "private" beach space in front of our villa between our hotel and Intercontinantal.

The Aman resorts are definitely worth a look, but be careful, since the ordinary double rooms prety often are below the "showcase standard".

Plenty of the Rajastan Palaces offer unforgettable experience. India is quite an experience on its own, too.

There was this Lodge in Kenia, which combined nature with views with kingly comfort. Somebody with name? Lake Turkana? It's still on my wish-list...
Old Aug 8, 2004, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
The French Riviera is fun and the best suite with a view is at the Vista Palais http://www.vistapalace.com/intro.html which is about 1000 feet above Monte Carlo, overlooking the port and the Med.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 6:22 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I second the Hotel Bora Bora recommendation (also an Aman) and agree that the over-water bungalow is not your best option there. The over-waters line up like trailers in a trailer park and when there is no air conditioning, everyone has their windows open. This translates into NO privacy.

The beachfront bungalows are only steps from the water and other-wordly snorkelling. They are very far apart and private. You get your own hammock, and if lucky, your own outrigger canoe!
Old Aug 9, 2004, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ericka
Indrakila Suite - Amankila - Bali, Indonesia.
Search for my thread about Amankila on this luxury hotel forum for a complete description. If it's view you're after, and you like volcanic islands, there is nothing better.

Amankila Hotel Web Site:
www.amanresorts.com

Pictures of Indrakila Suite (not mine, someone else's):
http://www.superidee.be/dynframe.asp...ionLanguage=NL

Ericka, thanks for the Photos!
Old Aug 10, 2004, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Since I have not been to any of the exotic places mentioned, I will suggest an ocean view room or suite at the Princeville Hotel on Kauai. That is definitely the most spectacular place I personally have ever stayed with respect to view/scenery.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 10:45 pm

Well its not the best room, but the view from Suite 245 at the Banff Springs Hotel is spectacular. I believe this suite has the largest windows in the hotel.

Also, we stayed at a hotel in Costa Rica with the view of a live Volcano. During the day it just looked like white smoke but at night you could see the red hot lava flowing out. I think it was called Tabacon Hot Springs resort. (The rooms were adequate, but not 5 star).

My home overlooks the ocean, so an ocean view from a hotel does not appeal to me as much as it might others.

Last edited by Maxfinder; Aug 13, 2004 at 10:57 pm
Old Aug 13, 2004, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Opera House View room at the Park Hyatt Sydney

Last edited by skofarrell; Aug 13, 2004 at 11:05 pm
Old Aug 13, 2004, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by skofarrell
Opera House View room at the Park Hyatt Sydney
I had forgotten about that spectacular view. It also encompasses the harbor.
Old Aug 13, 2004, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA MM, UA MM, DL MM, CX Gld
In Rare Company

I doubt these will compare to some of the posts but..

For business a Mandarin Suite in SFO view impeccable views of The Golden Gate, Alcatraz and the Bay Bride. And that glass walkway connecting the 2 towers. Bam!

A favorite in Italy would be The San Domenico on Taoramina. Royal Suite. Not that large actually but, a sun deck as long as a large boat and at about 1500'
great views

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.