Wiki Posts
Search

no more blankets and pillows.....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2004, 9:58 am
ljr
Original Poster

no more blankets and pillows.....

I was on a flight last week and the FA announced to everyon that AA was gradually removing pillows and blankets from all flights... she then suggest that if we disaggreed with the decision to write a note and give it to her and she would pass it on..... (she also said she would pass on note that aggreed with the decision)

anyone else hear this?

ljr
Old Aug 14, 2004, 10:00 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Was this in coach, or premier cabin? If they do it in coach, I wonder if they will keep in in business/first.

Cheers.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 11:00 am

Programs: Hhonors Gold, AA Gold
Maybe to save even more money, they can take away the seat cushions.

Last edited by AAJunkie; Aug 14, 2004 at 4:32 pm
Old Aug 14, 2004, 11:18 am

Purely from a hygiene issue, they are a lot better off removing them unless they can supply in sealed plastic or change pillow covers every time. Using them is like a salad bar, once you have seen what people do in an open salad bar, you will never eat salad from a bar again.

I assume in premier classes they can afford to keep them clean although in 2-4 hour dayflights, I am not sure I will miss them.

They should probably stock a few for redeyes.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
On a recnt flight from MIA to BOS, we had international pillows in first on a 757, which was nice. I guess the plane had come from the Carribean or South America. But the pillow cases had clearly not been changed between flights, which I don't think is proper in this day and age.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA PremEx, HH GLD, Avis PrefSel
Awe... you guys are just whining. I only blow my nose in the pillows after I sneeze......
Old Aug 14, 2004, 2:05 pm

Oh boy, I'm about to fly AA with my sister who's always frozen. She wears a sweater in 90 degree heat. Should we pack her a blanket?
Rita
Old Aug 14, 2004, 3:36 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
This would explain the survey I received a few months ago from AA asking how I felt about pillows and blankets. Nice (not) move.

On my flight last night (SAN-SEA), I saw countless people carrying on their own pillows (huge) and blankets on the flight. In these days of everyone carrying on everything, adding pillows and blankets to the mix is not going to speed up boarding or make for happy customers.

I will write a letter.

lala
Old Aug 14, 2004, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
I don't know about AA but on US there's almost always a supply of new pillow covers on board, often in the back of the overhead of row 1. If I don't find them, I ask the FA who more often than not has seen them and can score me a clean one.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I've brought my own pillowcase on flights for the past few years and it works out great - I don't take up a ton of room with an entire pillow in my bag, and I also worry less about all the loveliness on the pillows by themselves.

-Shannon
Old Aug 14, 2004, 5:35 pm
jsm

Location: Northridge, CA, - AA EXP 3 MM , Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC, Lots of other programs and points
I agree, if they are not going to change/clean them after each flight, it is nasty. I don't use them, because they gross me out, after seeing what people do to thier pillows and blankets....
Old Aug 14, 2004, 7:31 pm
ljr
Original Poster

It was in First Class.

ljr
Old Aug 14, 2004, 8:51 pm

First the excess fuel reserved, in order to improve fuel economy, and now pillows and blankets. Those can be VERY heavy, you know!
Old Aug 14, 2004, 8:52 pm

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
When I start work at 0500 hours the laundry truck is unloading fresh and bagged pillows and blankets for sjc-nrt, and for the overnight SJC-HNL/OGG/BOS flights.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 9:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by AAJunkie
Maybe to save even more money, they can take away the seat cushions.
Nope. Those are flotation devices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.