Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Park Tower Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Park Tower Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Old Jan 23, 2003, 2:17 pm
West Coast 1K

Arrow Park Tower Buenos Aires, Argentina [Master Thread]

Has anyone been to the nice restaurant at the Park Tower? If so are there any reviews?

Old Jan 24, 2003, 7:43 am

Location: Valley Springs, Ca USA;Proud Retired AAer SJC Ramp/ AA- 2 MM Platinum;Hilton Diamond
Nice breakfast buffet on the second floor. It was 29 Pesos (9 dollars) last week.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 2:15 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Breakfast is fine. Lunch is OK if you have to stay at the hotel for other reasons. For dinner I would take the steak restaurant(ie if you do not want to leave the hotel) at the Sheraton Buenos Aires just next door throught the glass doors on the ground floor.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 7:57 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Agree with the above, just go Bfast at the property, the dining options near the hotel are soo good that its a crime to eat at the hotel.
Old Jan 26, 2003, 8:38 am
JSD

Programs: QF P1/LTG; AA 1MM; UA 1MM

I agree with Gaucho... both times I've stayed at the PT, I've gotten great local restaurant recommendations from the concierge (Roberto?). I can't remember the name, but ond was a steak place in Puerto Madera that was excellent and less than a US$5 cab ride away.

Although I will say that room service breakfast at the PT is excellent!

Old Jan 26, 2003, 12:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JSD:

I agree with Gaucho... both times I've stayed at the PT, I've gotten great local restaurant recommendations from the concierge (Roberto?). I can't remember the name, but ond was a steak place in Puerto Madera that was excellent and less than a US$5 cab ride away.

Although I will say that room service breakfast at the PT is excellent!

</font>
James, are you talking about Estilo Campo? That's a great steakhouse..

Another steakhouse worth mentioning is Cabańa Las Lilas, also located in Puerto Madero. Ate there 4 times and they have the best t-bone and lomo in BA. I sure do miss BA !!
Old Aug 14, 2004, 12:43 pm

Programs: United, Starwood, Hilton
Park Tower in Buenos Aires

Wondering if any of you have had expereince with the hotel. Amentites and Platinum Upgrades? What veiw to book, city or river?
Old Aug 14, 2004, 2:33 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Venice
Wondering if any of you have had expereince with the hotel. Amentites and Platinum Upgrades? What veiw to book, city or river?
Try to use the SEARCH function in this forum and you will find some very good posts from the recent past on this hotel.

It's my personal choice when in BA. They have a limited number of suites to upgrade to, but they do actually try to upgrade you, especially if you ask an extra time at check-in. However, even if you do not get upgraded the standard rooms are excellent.

River view is my choice.
Old Aug 16, 2004, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by AAEXP
Try to use the SEARCH function in this forum and you will find some very good posts from the recent past on this hotel.

It's my personal choice when in BA. They have a limited number of suites to upgrade to, but they do actually try to upgrade you, especially if you ask an extra time at check-in. However, even if you do not get upgraded the standard rooms are excellent.

River view is my choice.
Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:50 pm
Suspended

any updates on this property?
Old Dec 10, 2004, 4:01 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, UAL 1K, AA Exec Plat, Starwood Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
It sounds pretty good, I'm heading there for Christmas. My wife and I are both Platinums, we'll see what kind of upgrade we get. We need a good one, we have our 15 year old daughter with us.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:47 pm

Well, not to entirely rain on your parade before your trip, but I'm not a huge fan of this property. I was there over New Year's last year. We stayed for 4 nights and ended up with the end suite on the 5th floor.

You should know that the rooms are not large at all. If you do not get upgraded to a suite, you'll be fairly cramped into a regular room.

If you get the suite be advised that there are no double bed suites. You're stuck with one bed in the bedroom area and then the living area. While the sofa will be fine for your daughter just realize that's what you're looking at. There is no room in the bedroom area of the suite for a roll away. There might be room in the entrance area of the suite for a roll away, but not much. At least there is a separate powder room at the entrance that your daughter will be able to use, but she'll have to share your shower. If offered the choice for a suite even though there is no second bed I would not hesitate to take that. Make due with the sofa.

The hotel itself is fine if not a bit lacking in personality. The breakfast buffet is quite nice but at crowded times can take a while to receive ordered items. The hotel location is fine, a bit on the edge of things, but not too, too far, you can walk to the top of Calle Florida easily which is a prominant pedestrian shopping drag.

The main, redeeming quality of the hotel is the outstanding pool area and gym shared with the humongous Sheraton. This alone should keep you and your daughter happy for a good part of your stay. They offer massages in the gym area for a quite reasonable rate, make sure you take advantage of that.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:12 pm

Well......the Park Towers are fine; the location is awesome for exploring BA and by the way BA rocks! Best place to visit in South America. Very safe, affordable, and fun.

The Towers is connected to the Sheraton and when I say connected I mean it is a separate wing of the massive Sheraton Convention Center. The gym is great, the pool was drained the entire 2 weeks I was down, but you don't fly all the way to BA to hang by the pool. Breakfast is good not great, but the drinks in the afternoon with snacks (not free) are really great and necessary considering you don't eat until after 10 most nights.

The rooms are tragic chic luxury, but all in all VERY nice. The beds are no where near westin soft. We stayed in the end room 2252 which is not a suite, but a very large open room with the BEST view of the city. We then stayed in room 1250 which was a suite and would have to say the 2252 I enjoyed more. The bathroom products are.....cheap. Cable modem in room is expensive as is the laundry. You can find both up the street half a block for 1/25th of the price (no joke!).

We stayed out late most nights so if you do take note that the lobby is VERY bright and busy at all hours, however the staff is very polite and nice and go out of there way to say hello and help you with directions.

If you are going to BA buy the TIME OUT - BUENOS AIRES book. It is right on the money for everything. If you want specifics on any dining, sightseeing, shopping. Please let me know.

Also went to Uruguay. Beautiful and worth the time taking the ferry (1 hour) over to Colonia. We went to the 4 Seasons in Carmelo (50 km north of Colonia) and thought the place was awesome and really well priced considering you were a captive audience.

Hope that helps,

d
Old Jan 9, 2005, 6:11 pm
Suspended

thank you for these reviews. they are very helpful.

any recent reviews...perhaps over new years eve?

thank you.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
We just stayed there twice - the first for three days over Xmas and the second this past week.

During our first stay we had room 1751, which was a very nice sized suite, although nothing like the size of the suite the San Cristobal in Santiago gave us. Our second stay was in 1652, a largish room with a sofa.

I concur that the bathroom products are cheap and awful but otherwise, we had wonderful stays - both times greeted with Champagne in the room and a fruit plate that was refilled, plus the butler delivered as much water, perrier or evian, as we wanted, without charge. In addition, they gave us 500 points, plus a free bottle of wine.

I thought service was very good, although the lobby isn't terribly well attended so one does end up waiting sometimes for the receptionist. The prices for laundry and room service were truly, truly outrageous, and no other hotel we went to during two weeks in Argentina tried the same trick of charging us prices. One interesting thing - when we had the suite, they gave us down pillows, in the regular room, we only got foam....

We would definitely go back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.