Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Voucher for UA Fare Drop Discussion" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Voucher for UA Fare Drop Discussion" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2004, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Exclamation Consolidated "Voucher for UA Fare Drop Discussion" Thread [Merged]

I was looking at a current itinerary on UA.com, and was poking through the options. I found "reprice itinerary", and clicked the link. I was offered a $25 DEDUCT to my fare in the form of a travel certificate.

I just did it again today on another itin for another $29 savings, and I just made the res on Friday.

Hey, 25 bucks is 25 bucks.... ^
Old Aug 30, 2004, 7:50 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
If you're doing this on an upgraded intinerary I would only do this over the phone. By doing this on the web you will lose your confirmed upgrades and they don't always come back.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:17 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
and if i can add, while the feature is great-you must keep tabs as to how long it has been since you did the refund request on-line as i had 10 trips get re-priced with 4 of the vouchers going to "mail heaven" and never showing up-but i have a true angel working on it in the refunds dept ^

also, if you're a cheapskate like me and you want to see if the price has gone down a second time, you have to call as the website won't let you do it......(but $450 in vouchers is $450 in voucher, n'est pas?)
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody
And watch out that the new fare basis doesn't preclude upgrades via miles or certs, or render the trip invalid for current promos or whatever.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
My route is SAN to DEN (See profile line) Upgrading is not an issue.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
So it wasn't just me :(

Originally Posted by goalie
and if i can add, while the feature is great-you must keep tabs as to how long it has been since you did the refund request on-line as i had 10 trips get re-priced with 4 of the vouchers going to "mail heaven" and never showing up-but i have a true angel working on it in the refunds dept ^
This happened to me, too and it was for an $80+ refund. Unfortunately I didn't even get a response from customer care and didn't keep good documentation to strongly pursue it. I spoke with res at different times waiting for the voucher and we went from its processing, just wait to we can't help you, it was processed a long time ago and you'll have to contact customer care to see if they can help you. I have most definitely learned this lesson.

Did you call customer care to get to the refunds angel you worked with or did you go via customer care?
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
My ticket went down $2.16, giving me this option:

Price of new ticket: 276.39 USD
Service charge to exchange ticket: 100.00 USD
Total charge: 376.39 USD
Value of original ticket: 278.55 USD
Amount due: 97.84 USD
Somehow I don't expect I'll take them up on this...
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:46 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by GoingAway
Did you call customer care to get to the refunds angel you worked with or did you go via customer care?
i called the passenger refunds dept directly and was told to fax in the request and then to be patient "just a bit longer as we're very behind but i promise that it will get done" and she was true to her word! ^

the other thing that always helps is the confirmation e-mail that comes once you do the change on line or via phone (although sometimes you have to have to ask for it by phone)
Old Aug 30, 2004, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by goalie
i called the passenger refunds dept directly and was told to fax in the request and then to be patient "just a bit longer as we're very behind but i promise that it will get done" and she was true to her word! ^

the other thing that always helps is the confirmation e-mail that comes once you do the change on line or via phone (although sometimes you have to have to ask for it by phone)
If you still have that fax #, could you pm it to me? Thanks for the information, I'll look to see if I got an email (times like this, I hate AOL with how it handles email storage when you're travelling) for the credit, I know it's in the record (or should be) since the reps kept seeing it.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 10:30 pm

For those who have successfully received vouchers in the mail for itineraries that were re-priced online, about how long did it take after issuing the request for the voucher to arrive?
Old Aug 30, 2004, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by blort
For those who have successfully received vouchers in the mail for itineraries that were re-priced online, about how long did it take after issuing the request for the voucher to arrive?
About a week.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 12:50 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
help me out

where is this reprice itinerary option?!

I opened my itineraries and found nothing...

EDIT: nevermind.. i found it...
Old Aug 31, 2004, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I am unable to find the reprice option. Any help in finding it would be appreciated.
Old Aug 31, 2004, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Renard
I am unable to find the reprice option. Any help in finding it would be appreciated.
Go to my active itineraries.
Choose one.
Choose "change" rather than "view."
Choose "more options."
Choose "you can also check the price of the itinerary."

Now, the problem I am having is odd. When I go through the process, I et a new fare that is $30 lower. But as I have confirmed upgrades, I called UA resverations. They don't get the same fare at all. I called ual.com. They don't get the new fare either (unless they sign on as me and do the same thing). Incidentally, when I try to build a new itineray from scratch, I don't get the better fare. It's only when I go into my existing itinerary and refare.

Last edited by zrs70; Aug 31, 2004 at 8:54 am
Old Aug 1, 2005, 5:51 am

Programs: Life IS good !!! ®
Sorry to Bump this old Thread BUT ...

I just repriced all my ITINs (trips to FLA for football season) that I had booked 10 months ago because UA is having a fare sale and saved a total of $500 coming back to me in TCs. ^ ^

Low fares ripe for the picking

Grab a juicy low fare and go with great deals to worldwide destinations

US & Canada travel
- Purchase by August 12, 2005
- Travel through November 17, 2005 for U.S. destinations
- Travel through December 15, 2005 for Canadian destinations
- Advance purchase requirements, travel days and blackout dates vary based on your destination; see the fare rules for full rules and information

International travel- Purchase by August 12, 2005
- A 21 day advance purchase is required for travel to Atlantic destinations
- A 14 day advance purchase is required for travel to Pacific, Latin and Caribbean destinations
- Minimum stay requirements and travel days vary based on your destination; see the fare rules for full rules and information.

When searching, look for the gold star online identifying the Low fares ripe for the picking sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.