Wiki Posts
Search

SKYTEAM UPDATES INCLUDING MQM CHARTS FOR KLM

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2004, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Any Updates on SkyTeam?

I realize that DL has had its hands full with the restructuring, but the alleged Sept 15th date for CO, NW and KL to join SkyTeam is less than a week away.
Has anybody seen anything on any of the web sites to indicate that this will indeed happen by next week?

One would think that poilicies and procedures would be publicized by now if this was actually going to happen by Sept. 15.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by RobertS975
I realize that DL has had its hands full with the restructuring, but the alleged Sept 15th date for CO, NW and KL to join SkyTeam is less than a week away.
Has anybody seen anything on any of the web sites to indicate that this will indeed happen by next week?

One would think that poilicies and procedures would be publicized by now if this was actually going to happen by Sept. 15.
KLM's site is saying that their Gold and Elites will gain access to lots of new lounges. If that means that their Golds will be SkyTeam Elite then DL pax are getting short changed!
Old Sep 9, 2004, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
KLM's site is saying that their Gold and Elites will gain access to lots of new lounges.
Other than what the KLM site says, there isn't much more info to share. There is news about Alitalia though.

I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply. www.delta.com/email
Old Sep 9, 2004, 9:40 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
I called DL SM desk, AF FF program here in the US and in France as well as KL in the Netherlands and, as the unofficial dl helper stated, there is no news yet.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by UnofficialDLHelper
Other than what the KLM site says, there isn't much more info to share. There is news about Alitalia though.
That might mess up Dovster's plans!
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:26 pm

The online timetable at:

www.skyteam.com

is now showing CO, NW and KL flights. Looks like the train is on time.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The online timetable at:

www.skyteam.com

is now showing CO, NW and KL flights. Looks like the train is on time.
Yes, but there are still only six airline logos at the top of the page.

Perhaps this will be updated next week.
Old Sep 9, 2004, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
That might mess up Dovster's plans!
I'm not sure which plans you are referring to. If you mean my plans for my November trip, on which four segments are Alitalia, their leaving SkyTeam would not effect it -- it has already been ticketed.

(Of course, their going out of business would definitely put a crimp in those plans.)

If you are referring to my switching FF clubs to Alitalia, a move out of SkyTeam would be problematic but I am not certain that I won't still do it.

I am GM until February. I will be SM until February 06, but I will not qualify again on Delta unless it gets rid of the 1/2 MQM's for LUT flights. I probably would qualify with Alitalia.

Most of my itineraries are either TLV-MXP or TLV-MXP-Florida. I can only do the first on AZ or LY and I can do the second only on AZ or DL. If Alitalia leaves SkyTeam, I will not be able to do it on a DL itinerary.

I won't be able to fly into FLL or PBI on AZ, but I can fly into MIA. Not quite as convenient, but workable.

I don't think, however, that AZ has thought this out completely. I think it would be making a major mistake if it leaves SkyTeam. If I recall correctly, it only flies its own metal into 5 American cities. Right now, somebody wanting to fly from MXP to LAS, for example, can take an AZ itinerary and switch to Delta metal after arriving in the States. If it leaves SkyTeam it will either have to start adding on a lot of flights or else lose much of its trans-Atlantic business.

Not only will Italians not be able to fly tp Philadelphia or San Francisco, but Americans outside of the 5 cities will not be able to fly AZ to Italy.

More than that, AZ has been selling a lot of seats in third countries, like Israel. Because it offers especially good prices, Israelis have been able to get on AZ metal here, fly either AZ or DL to any hub, and continue on a DL flight (AZ codeshare) to most American destinations.

If this becomes impossible, Israelis -- and presumably people from other countries as well -- will start looking closer at AF.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
It's Official

The long awaited "official" announcement has finally been made.

Global travelers will have additional route and fare choices as SkyTeam today announced that Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL), KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and Northwest Airlines (NASDAQ:NWAC) are now full members of one of the world’s fastest growing airline alliances. The SkyTeam Governing Board also revealed that effective Sept. 15, passengers will be able to accrue and redeem frequent flyer miles interchangeably on any of the nine member airlines.
http://news.delta.com/article_displa...rticle_id=9422
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by DLfan
The long awaited "official" announcement has finally been made.

http://news.delta.com/article_displa...rticle_id=9422

IMO, this can only be viewed as good news.
Question....can DL Medallions now upgrade any easier on NW/CO domestic flights or will it be the same old hassle?
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cholula
IMO, this can only be viewed as good news.
Question....can DL Medallions now upgrade any easier on NW/CO domestic flights or will it be the same old hassle?
I agree that this news is good and look forward to connecting in AMS vs. CDG on future European itineraries!

I'm also awaiting more details. For example, I want to see MQM earnings on CO and NW returned to the 750-mile baseline. The CO and NW MQM earnings charts at Delta.com have not been updated yet and a chart for KLM has not yet been added.

Last edited by DLfan; Sep 13, 2004 at 9:40 am
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by DLfan
I agree that this news is good and look forward to connecting in AMS vs. CDG on future European itineraries!

I'm also awaiting more details. For example, I want to see MQM earnings on CO and NW returned to the 750-mile baseline. The CO and NW MQM earnings charts at Delta.com have not been updated yet and a chart for KLM has not yet been added.
Good news in general, but I suspect we will see more "alignment" in the FF programs. NW are actually *dropping* to 50% the miles their FF members will get from Delta ticketed/operated LUT fares from 15 Sep (date not a coincidence I suspect). The 50% rate will also apply to DL operated flights that are Northwest-coded L, T, K and DL operated flights that are CO coded I, S, W, T, X, L .

A pattern is emerging.

Last edited by CelticFlyer; Sep 13, 2004 at 10:13 am Reason: To avoid confusion
Old Sep 13, 2004, 10:54 am

Programs: DL Gold
Post Deleted

Last edited by lazomiller; Sep 13, 2004 at 11:12 am
Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by lazomiller
I apologize if this is a "duh" question, but does CO and NW's entry into skyteam now mean that you can earn Delta MQM's on ANY CO or NW flight, even if it's not a "code share". If I book a CO ticket on CO.com, can I apply my skymiles # to the itinerary and earn skymiles MQM's?
Yes you can enter your Skymiles number on both CO and NW's websites. You should have been able to earn on both carriers for at least the majority of 2004. I'm on a CO ticket right now, and I flew NW back in April and have earned SMs on both trips.
Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by AeroDD
Yes you can enter your Skymiles number on both CO and NW's websites. You should have been able to earn on both carriers for at least the majority of 2004. I'm on a CO ticket right now, and I flew NW back in April and have earned SMs on both trips.
Thanks. Right before you answered I deleted my question because I found the answer. Glad to have it confirmed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.