Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

They must have loaded the computer last night with more domestic award seats.......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

They must have loaded the computer last night with more domestic award seats.......

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2004, 7:17 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

If you have been waiting for a Domestic Award Ticket to become available: check again.

I have been waiting for 3 months for a specific flight to open up with a first class skysaver award for next April.......this morning it finally did and I grabbed two seats....when I checked the same flight on other days before and after when there was no availability before... all the days are now offering the flight ....
Old Sep 15, 2004, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Surprise, surprise surprise.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
there are also a ton of business elite seats to europe open for redemption as first pointed out on the NW website. everyday i checked for a BE seat one was available. book your award travel ASAP!
Old Sep 15, 2004, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Cool, anyone notice Asia seats coming up anywhere?
Old Sep 15, 2004, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
This is a SERIOUS shift in availability.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 8:32 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
After reading this thread I called Delta to see if I could improve on the award tickets I have to Europe for next year. I was able to get all of the flights I originally wanted in B/E and eliminated two segments, saving a lot of flying time.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 8:43 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Richard1148
After reading this thread I called Delta to see if I could improve on the award tickets I have to Europe for next year. I was able to get all of the flights I originally wanted in B/E and eliminated two segments, saving a lot of flying time.
told ya.....the well springs forth............
Old Sep 16, 2004, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Silver
I was finally able to get my spring break seats!

Thanks David!
Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:05 pm

Programs: GGL/GFL
Maybe I'm an idiot

But for the life of me, I can not figure out how to book award seats online or check availability online. I've got a bunch of SkyMiles from when I lived back east and would love to use them.

Any pointers that you frequent Delta users could suggest?

Thank you.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:10 pm

WOW! I love this forum. Three days ago I was told the waitlist for a FCO-ATL flight was closed.....today I confirmed two BE seats on said flight!! Now if I could only shorten up the outbound leg!

Question....I asked to be waitlisted on Delta 8659 ( an AF codeshare). She told me I couldn't waitlist on an AF flight even though it has a DL flight number. True?
Old Sep 16, 2004, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by studio76
But for the life of me, I can not figure out how to book award seats online or check availability online. I've got a bunch of SkyMiles from when I lived back east and would love to use them.

Any pointers that you frequent Delta users could suggest?

Thank you.
https://www.delta.com/awards/skymile...Info/index.jsp

"Award Ticket" is on the home page of Delta.com.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Though you can go to the Skymiles page of www.delta.com to check for domestic awards, you can not do it for INTL travel.

BUT - you can do it via www.nwa.com on their awards page. It comes up with DL flights. Just check Rome, Italy and flights were available right away.
Old Sep 16, 2004, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, I did a little testing.

I checked that I thought might be one of the hardest ticket to get. I checked CVG-HNL for Nov. 23-30th. That is Thanksgiving week. In F (or really R) it appears that SkySaver availability now EQUALS SkyChoice at least on this route and dates. I tried to get 7 (SEVEN) R class seats and it let me have them.

I also tested a few other markets. First class award seats were almost always available and I never noticed a difference between SkyChoice and SkySaver. I did check a few coach seats but much different results. The availability was not even close to as much. Of course, who would spend 50,000 miles on a SkyChoice coach award when they can get a 45,000 mile SkySaver first award?
Old Sep 16, 2004, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Though you can go to the Skymiles page of www.delta.com to check for domestic awards, you can not do it for INTL travel.

BUT - you can do it via www.nwa.com on their awards page. It comes up with DL flights. Just check Rome, Italy and flights were available right away.
But, the Northwest webpage shows awards using Worldperks miles. On domestic awards, I have found DL seats which are available using Worldperks even when DL's website shows no availability. That leads me to believe that even though DL seats show availability using Worldperks, those same seats aren't necessarily available on DL. And, given DL's trumpeting of its advanced technology, why can you get DL seats on the Northwest site and not vice versa?
Old Sep 28, 2004, 1:05 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
Biz Elite Award Seats - Awesome Availability

In the past week I have successfully obtained award seats for two different European itineraries over the next two months.

In both instances, my first choice itineraries were granted and seats were also available for alternate routings.

Are Delta getting more generous with award seats or was I just lucky?

Regardless, kudos to Delta!!! If only things were so easy with SQ seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.