Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Old Dec 12, 2015, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of July 2023, breakfast for Elites is in the restaurant (no welcome gift choice required), and evening cocktails are in the 3rd floor lounge. The lounge opens at 9 AM for beverage service.

Front Office e-mail: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE SQ Solitaire BA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Arrow Sheraton Towers Singapore [Master Thread]

Does this hotel have a club room and if so how does it rate?
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by neilmac
Does this hotel have a club room and if so how does it rate?
At least in September 2007 they did not have any club room (BTW: The LM has one)
Old Nov 21, 2007, 9:30 pm

Hi,

Have had stays at both the LM & Sheraton, during the past month.

I'd say the rooms at the LM are average, as the property is quite old.
As a plat, I got upgraded to their Presidential Club and the only advantage was complimentary internet access in the room. The nice surprise was they gave Hermes soap & cologne as complimentary toiletries! As well as welcome fruits & chocolates! As mentioned, the club lounge on the ground floor is very nice and very French!

The Sheraton looks better but they lack a lounge, but make it up with a cocktail hour (6-7pm ??) at the main lounge. Was once upgraded to their "Casablanca Suite" and another to their "Poolside Room". Service has been excellent on both occassions.

I would stay at the LM for its location and number of places to visit. The Sheraton would be the choice if you like great service in a more updated environment.

Cheers!
Old Nov 22, 2007, 9:32 am

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
there is no comparison...LM is a budget hotel. It is conveniently located ( although hard to get a cab sometimes due to the position of the lobby above street level). It has not been touched for at least 15 years that I know of. However, for the price it's adequate ( but prices are creeping up and if they continue to do so it will no longer be worth it). It's probably 3.5 stars

Originally Posted by neilmac
Thanks for the prompt reply FlyingLawyer I see some pictures of the LM club lounge on the SPG website. Do you get access to this as a Platinum member? I've only used Sheratons or Westins. Any idea how it compares with the Mandarin Oriental or the RC?
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by paul577
there is no comparison...LM is a budget hotel. It is conveniently located ( although hard to get a cab sometimes due to the position of the lobby above street level). It has not been touched for at least 15 years that I know of. However, for the price it's adequate ( but prices are creeping up and if they continue to do so it will no longer be worth it). It's probably 3.5 stars
Well, on SIN standards the Sheraton is pretty much basic, too. There are so many better choices. However, when staying with Starwood, locationwise I perfer the LM location.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 4:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, Starwood Platinum
Sheraton Singapore report and question..

]I arrived at 3:00am this morning and was upgraded to a beautiful suite...
It's tempting to stay in bed all day but I am only here for one day and
am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to spend a day and night in Singapore. I will be flying out tommoroiw at 6:00am. What is near the Sheraton? Any shopping districts you would reccomend?

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by KarensuePDX
]What is near the Sheraton? Any shopping districts you would reccomend?
You can either walk down to Orchard Road (10 minutes or so), or catch an MRT anywhere as it is right by the hotel (couple minutes). As far as the best shopping district, since they don't have a Home Depot I don't know of one.

Have fun, great place for a day!
Old May 11, 2008, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
A couple quick questions for those who have stayed at the Sheraton Singapore...

What kind of upgrades can one expect as a Platinum? Do they upgrade to the Towers?

What kind of amenities, meal/lounge wise, can a Platinum expect?

How are the views and are there any specific rooms I should try to get?
Old May 12, 2008, 12:47 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by troyb
A couple quick questions for those who have stayed at the Sheraton Singapore...

What kind of upgrades can one expect as a Platinum? Do they upgrade to the Towers?

What kind of amenities, meal/lounge wise, can a Platinum expect?

How are the views and are there any specific rooms I should try to get?
Upgrades to Cabana or Suites. As for Towers...no.

There are no lounges here yet and meals aren't a Platinum benefit.

As for views there are some rooms with views of Scotts Road and the others that face the pool.

I'm here quite often and on one of my recent trips I was upgraded to one of their Heritage Suites, which was huge.
Old May 12, 2008, 8:30 am

Sheraton Towers Singapore...

For the past 5 years I spend Thanksgiving weekend in Singapore and usually stay at this hotel. I am SPG Plat and always get an upgarade to either a suit or very nice room with courtyard-type view. I have not been upgraded to the Tower. The personal services I receive are great. In addition, I get a small bottle of wine and tropical fruit basket on arrival and daily fruit basket throughout my stay. They also offer late checkout but you have to let them know if you are staying past 4:00 p.m.
Old May 12, 2008, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Thanks for the feedback.

So, for a couple of younger guys staying just 2 nights, would it be advised to spend extra points to secure Tower rooms? I'd guess its 2,500 extra per night.
Old May 12, 2008, 10:00 am

Sheraton Towers Singapore...

Originally Posted by troyb
Thanks for the feedback.

So, for a couple of younger guys staying just 2 nights, would it be advised to spend extra points to secure Tower rooms? I'd guess its 2,500 extra per night.
Yes, I would if I had the extra point.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GoingAway
How much time will a "couple of younger guys" really spend in the room? If alot, then sure otherwise - no way.
Is there really a towers section ?

I thought the towers package will just get you some benefits like breakfast, laundry etc
Old May 12, 2008, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by GoingAway
How much time will a "couple of younger guys" really spend in the room? If alot, then sure otherwise - no way.
That's a good point. What I'm really interested in is making sure we have a decent view and some free breakfast or other snacks. Free laundry would be very helpful since I'm trying to travel light on this trip.

However, the 2,500 points has at least US $75 value to me, so if the only real benefit is going to be breakfast, I'm wondering if I should go with a regular room.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:56 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
As a Plat there a couple weeks ago I was 'upgraded' to a room facing Scotts Rd. I guess the upgrade was having a patio (with a view of nothing).

While the hotel is kept up very well it is so stuck in the 60/70's it isn't even funny.

What cracked me up the most was reading the description on their website talking about all their awards (of which there are many)...then arriving at the hotel and seeing them all prominently displayed....all from the 80's with a couple from the very early 90's.

This hotel is 100% delusional. They call themselves a 5* hotel and some of their fees fit that description (wifi @ $25/day). They are a 3.5* hotel at best.

Regarding the 'Towers'...my impression it is a concept and not a location. During happy hour there is a food spread in the lobby for Towers guests only...and to determine if you are indeed one they needed to look at our file (not specific to floor or room number). We complained to the GM about lack of Plat benefits and he comped us the food spread.

Finally, if you are travelling there soon and want a relaxing time at the pool...pick a different hotel for sure. There is a building going up next door and the noise is so loud you cannot even talk to the person next to you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.