Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]

Old Oct 15, 2004, 12:29 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Arrow Westin DFW Dallas-Fort Worth [Master Thread]

I just read on Hotelbusiness.com that the Harvey Hotel near DFW Airport has been sold and will be renovated and converted into a Westin.
Old Oct 15, 2004, 3:31 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Great news for matress runners since the Westin will be located 500 ft. away from the current Sheraton.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 9:38 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Has anyone stayed at the Westin DFW Airport yet? Any reports on how nice (not nice) it is after its $25M renovation? I believe it just (re)opened this month.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
I had a very short overnight visit in May. Although this didn't allow me to try the facilities (such as fitness center or to even wander around), I can say the following:

o It is directly across from the Sheraton DFW; so if you like that location, you'll like the Westin DFW.
o I called the hotel upon arriving and was picked up by the hotel shuttle (van) at my terminal shortly thereafter. I also used the shuttle to return to the airport. Quite convenient.
NOTE: I do recommend calling to let them know you are waiting. Don't just wait in the terminal and assume a shuttle is on the way.
o I requested and received a Westin Workout room since I had never stayed in one before. Contained a Lifecycle for my use. Room was on 2nd floor.
o The room & bed were as comfortable as any Westin room.
o The hotel itself had a nice look and feel (although as I stated above, I really didn't get to look around).
o Ordered a nice room service meal which was promptly and accurately delivered.
o Points and amentity posted promptly.

Nothing critical to say here! Friendly staff and exactly as I expected. Pleasant stay.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:38 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
I stayed overnight on a weekend a few weeks ago, as a platinum.

- upgraded to a very nice 1 bedroom suite on the 8th floor, with 2 32" lcd TVs, a sitting room, etc.
- the workout room and pool were nice - pool is a bit small on the top of the building, but the workout room is excellent, with many free weights, cardio machines, and machine weights.
- bar food was OK, but not great. I'd go somewhere else if I had a car and the time to do so.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are there flat screen TVs in all rooms? Is there a club level?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are there flat screen TVs in all rooms?
Yes - I think so.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 3:11 pm

Great AAA discount at Westin DFW

I just booked 1-night stay at Westin DFW for next Wednesday. The lowest price that came up was $229 (w/t $259), for whatever reason I tried the AAA pricing from the pull-down menu and to my great surprise the new price was $96 (w/t $108). King suite showed up at below $160.

I don't usually check the AAA prices as until now I've never seen it bring the price down by much (or at all usually), but I guess I will have to start doing it more now.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AAA sometimes sends its members (including me) literature stating that they are eligible for discounts up to half off at Starwood hotels. I always assumed it was like the SPG50 certificates -- usually (but not always) a worthless discount off a highly inflated rack rate.

In the many times I've checked the AAA rate, I've never found it particularly compelling -- but it sometimes is a few dollars less than other discounts. Obviously, you found that rare example where the discount is substantial. Congrats!
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:17 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The AAA discount is stable (same price all month), so it works well at hotels that have highly volatile rates (based on events, etc.). Note that this is not the rate going up due to high occupancy, but rather due to expectation of high occupancy (I presume the AAA rate stops being offered when the hotel reaches xx% full). It seems that this percentage is higher for the AAA rate than for other plans, thus making it a great bargain at times (and not at others).
Old May 18, 2007, 3:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Random minibar charges at the Westin DFW -- anyone else noticing this?

I've been staying here on-and-off since the hotel opened in '06, and for the past two months, it seems both post-stay and pre-checkout bogus minibar charges have gone up considerably. Even when I don't have a key to the minibar...

Of course, minibar charges tend to be a common billing error across all chains, though. The more confusing (and frustrating) one is for the past several stays, I've been getting hit with $3 bottled-water charges multiple times. And it's because I consumed the free SPG bottled water in the room (that is tagged as such), not the actual Acqua Panna bottles that are charged!

My coworkers have been seeing more random charges as well recently. Every time I inquire about it at the front desk, it gets fixed of course, but then it just happens all over again on the next stay...

Anyone else notice the same? Perhaps some training is needed on the housekeeping side?
Old May 18, 2007, 5:46 am

A stayed at the Westin DFW for a few weeks a while back and while I did not have that problem, one of my co-workers commented on it being a problem with his bill regularly.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:58 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Westin DFW Quick Trip Report

We were only there for one night, but were very impressed with the hotel and the room.

Staff were all friendly, the lobby, bar area, etc. looks great.

Room was very comfortable

Simple report, but we will be back!
Old May 7, 2008, 9:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, United 1K
Just finished up a stay at the DFW Westin. Overall a very good hotel, updated, with a good restaurant and bar and friendly service. ^

Some points:
  • It's right next to DFW airport (at the 1 o'clock position on 114), convenient to Grapevine, Irving, and Las Colinas
  • Planespotters will be happy with the view from upper rooms on the back side
  • Not at all noisy - in fact, it was very quiet and comfortable
  • Right across from the Sheraton and Wyndham
  • Definitely a refurbished property - some wear showing on the hard surfaces but nicely updated with good furniture
  • I had two nice flat TVs in my (handicap) room
  • The phone system was out when I arrived and didn't come back online for a few hours (weird!)
  • Pretty lively restaurant and bar for a suburban airport hotel
  • Not a handy location for stopovers at DFW - it'd be a long ride back and forth, so choose the Hyatt instead
  • No covered parking, and all the best spots are reserved for valet use
  • It's Dallas - get a car because you'll be driving everywhere
Old May 7, 2008, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by dartagnan
I stayed overnight on a weekend a few weeks ago, as a platinum.

- upgraded to a very nice 1 bedroom suite on the 8th floor, with 2 32" lcd TVs, a sitting room, etc.
- the workout room and pool were nice - pool is a bit small on the top of the building, but the workout room is excellent, with many free weights, cardio machines, and machine weights.
- bar food was OK, but not great. I'd go somewhere else if I had a car and the time to do so.
I ditto this, but had a bit of trouble getting there, shuttle took like an hour, so the marriott shuttle dropped me off. i had breakfast included

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.