Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on AS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2002, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Smile Celebrity Sightings on AS

Every other airline seems to have a thread about this.

I've never been on a flight with one, but lmlinder was reading her 'US' magazine (not US as in USair, 'US' as in the gossip magazine) and it described how Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy) and Freddie Prinze Jr. were on AS flight 278 LAX-Puerto Vallarta (PVR?) on 8/29 on the way to their wedding.
Old Sep 7, 2002, 10:29 am

Location: Fort Worth, TX; AA EXP, Starwood Gold, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Gold
A few weeks ago, I was on an AS flight with B.B. King right across the aisle from me going SEA to LAS.
Old Sep 7, 2002, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I know this is REALLY stretching the definition of a celebrity, but a friend of mine sat next to the Men's Wearhouse bigwig who does the commercials. You know, the guy who says "I guarantee it!"

Sounds a mite pathetic after B.B. King, I know.
Old Sep 7, 2002, 4:30 pm

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Westcoaster:
I know this is REALLY stretching the definition of a celebrity, but a friend of mine sat next to the Men's Wearhouse bigwig who does the commercials. You know, the guy who says "I guarantee it!"

Sounds a mite pathetic after B.B. King, I know.
</font>
George Zimmer

Old Sep 7, 2002, 6:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Several months ago I was in 1A SEA-LAX next to an enormous (nearly 7') guy in a suit. Three people asked him for an autograph before takeoff, and he obliged.

Then he fell asleep and proceeded to fart up the F cabin to the point where I thought we were all going to die.

I have no idea who it was. A Sonic, I'm guessing.

-alan in Seattle
Old Sep 7, 2002, 8:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
In 1994, I was seated in the bulkhead row of coach on an Alaska PDX-SJC flight, two rows behind Bill Gates.

[This message has been edited by EIPremier (edited 09-07-2002).]
Old Sep 8, 2002, 12:05 am

One afternoon I found myself sharing the sofa in the old SEA BR with Richard Sanders, who used to play Les Nessman on WKRP in Cincinnati. I've since read that he lives on an island somewhere in Puget Sound.

Mrs and I spotted neurotic comedian Richard Lewis, with girlfriend, while we were waiting to board a flight at LAX some years back. They were snuggling over drinks in the back corner of a lounge.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 10:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Thanks, boilermaker, for coming up with the name George Zimmer. The AS pilots apparently knew that Zimmer was on board, because after the captain announced that they would be making an ontime arrival, he said "I guarantee it!" Those in F reportedly had a good laugh, while those in the back may have been wondering why they were getting such an emphatic assurance.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 3:11 am

I was on a flight from SEA to LAX (right before The Claim was released in theaters) and Nastassja Kinski was on my flight. Apparently, she couldn't get her companion upgraded (they had changed their flights last minute to get there earlier--the FA explained) so I offered my seat. She had been in the seat next to me but gave it up and sat in back. The FA went back, but she so graciously declined (I guess she didn't want to cause any undue attention.)

Very beautiful woman. I am a big fan and oddly enough, had actually been anxiously awaiting the movie which I liked, though it was a bit disappointing. She left her bags in the overhead bin above me. I resisted copping a luggage tag or some other proof.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 1:12 pm

On my SJC-PDX flight I sat next to Mary McDonald-Lewis (www.marymac.com)...professional voice-over lady for radio ads and animation, as well as the voice for the OnStar system! She didn't mention her occupation when I talked to her, but was nice enough to get me into the board room for my connection before she went home.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 8:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TravelMann:
I was on a flight from SEA to LAX (right before The Claim was released in theaters) and Nastassja Kinski was on my flight.

She left her bags in the overhead bin above me. I resisted copping a luggage tag or some other proof.
</font>
I used to live in LA a few years ago. At that time (don't know now) she lived in a building near UCLA. I knew a girl who lived in the same building.

Old Sep 9, 2002, 9:04 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boilermaker:
George Zimmer

</font>

What I want to know, speaking of bigwig, is that thing on his head a rug?
Old Oct 28, 2002, 8:44 am

Location: Fort Worth, TX; AA EXP, Starwood Gold, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Gold
Last night I was heading from Spokane to Seattle and figure skater Michelle Kwan (as well as her mother and coach) were on my flight.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 12:24 pm

About two years ago sat in the LAX AS BR with James Brown and entourage. I was in 2F and he was in 1F. Since I got on as soon as I could, it was fun to watch people get on and notice who was sitting in F.

------------------
AkFlyer
Old Oct 29, 2002, 8:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I got to sit next to Clea Lewis... co-star of TV shows "Ellen" and "Maggie Winters" ...very sweet and she was recog nized by a lot of people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.