Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Security Lines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Medallion Security Lines

I'm a recent gold medallion. I've used the medallion secuirty line at lax a couple of times. I'll be travleing wiht Mrs. Mach in Janaury. What is the policy for companions and the medallion security line? Will I be ok taking Mrs. Mach thru the medallion security line with me?

MO
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Yes, they'll let you. The boarding-pass-checkers at LAX Terminal 5 are pretty, err... lax when it comes to things like this. You can also usually get into Terminal 5 with just your Crown Room Card if you have no boarding pass, and you can usually get into Terminal 6 with a Terminal 5 BP and vice versa if you just tell them you're going to the airline lounge in the respective terminal.

Continental's PC doesn't close until 1AM (compared with 11:30 for the CRC) so I use that when flying out on the 1:45 redeye to DFW.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Continental's PC doesn't close until 1AM (compared with 11:30 for the CRC) so I use that when flying out on the 1:45 redeye to DFW.

CO let's you use their club even though your ticket is on DL metal? I thought that wasn't allowed.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
CO let's you use their club even though your ticket is on DL metal? I thought that wasn't allowed.
Priority Pass .
Old Dec 22, 2004, 8:38 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by MachOne
What is the policy for companions and the medallion security line? Will I be ok taking Mrs. Mach thru the medallion security line with me?
Speaking from personal experience, companions may accompany Delta Air Lines SkyMiles Medallion members (usually Gold and Platinum) through the special Medallion/First Class/Business Class security line at any airport.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 10:36 am

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Speaking from personal experience, companions may accompany Delta Air Lines SkyMiles Medallion members (usually Gold and Platinum) through the special Medallion/First Class/Business Class security line at any airport.
I was unaware of this - and it is great news as my family and I (5) are headed out of SLC tomorrow night (12/23 6:00 PM!!) and already had started to dread the congestioin and the fact that the rest of the family may have had to go through what undoubtedly is going to be a whopper of standard security lines. We will give the priority line a try.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:03 pm

Is it the same for a Crown Room membership? If I have a CRC membership, my wife and children can also accompany me through the security line?

thanks,
Old Dec 22, 2004, 12:53 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by NishanF
Is it the same for a Crown Room membership? If I have a CRC membership, my wife and children can also accompany me through the security line?

thanks,

This has been discussed extensively previously, and the consensus as I understand it, and which corressponds to my own experience, is that if you enter the CRC as a family, you are exempt from the "visitor number rule" (2 or 3?)) and can go in as a family. This, of course, is of particular importance here in Utah where being a family of 5 is below the median
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
This has been discussed extensively previously, and the consensus as I understand it, and which corressponds to my own experience, is that if you enter the CRC as a family, you are exempt from the "visitor number rule" (2 or 3?)) and can go in as a family. This, of course, is of particular importance here in Utah where being a family of 5 is below the median
Flying_Duck - Thanks - I thought that was the case for the actual crown room.

I was wondering more about the security lines. I don't know if this is the case everywhere, but at least in Atlanta, a CRC membership gets you into the "special" security lines. I couldn't find anything on the Delta webpage regarding if access to the line was just for me or my party as well.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Hmmm...do you think they care if the companions are literally flying with you? Mr. Sibley, my mom, and I are headed to ATL tomorrow morning. Hubby and I are flying to SFO, Mom is (hopefully) flying to DAY.

I'm Gold, plus Mr. Sibley and I have A tix, but my mom does not have status. It would be great if she could go thru Elite Security with us!

What do y'all think?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by sibley
I'm Gold, plus Mr. Sibley and I have A tix, but my mom does not have status. It would be great if she could go thru Elite Security with us!
I have let my friends/family through elite line in ATL several times now - never had any problems with it.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 5:23 pm

Question

Can someone tell me if you must have a Delta ticket to go through the Medallion security check-in line in Atlanta as I will be flying on United this weekend?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 2:26 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
I was unaware of this - and it is great news as my family and I (5) are headed out of SLC tomorrow night (12/23 6:00 PM!!) and already had started to dread the congestioin and the fact that the rest of the family may have had to go through what undoubtedly is going to be a whopper of standard security lines. We will give the priority line a try.
I have never met resistance when inviting one or two companions to join me in the Medallion check-in lines or the elite security lines. However, is there a reasonable limit to the privilege? (More concerning security than check-in, where multiple people on the same itinerary hardly require any marginal time.)

For example, I left SLC a few weeks ago with 4 others (non-family), and I felt uncomfortable bringing them all through priority screening based on just one elite member. So we split into two groups (we emerged through security in equal time, by the way). In SLC, this could be a real issue with some larger families!

What do people think is ok for this issue?

Complete side note on elite screening: Don't forget that LAS priority screening is ONLY for pax seated in F. No ifs, ands or buts. No "I am elite and will clear at the gate." This is one station where you definitely want to clear ahead of time... makes a big difference at most times of day.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aly7859
Can someone tell me if you must have a Delta ticket to go through the Medallion security check-in line in Atlanta as I will be flying on United this weekend?
Yes, it should work. I've heard plenty of success stories of DL-flyers who used their FO status to get Air Tran Elite Status during a matching promotion last year. Since there is only one Air Tran Elite level, these members may use the premium security lines in ATL. Delta flyers will flash their Air Tran elite card while flying on a DL ticket, and get right through the security line.

Of course, we've all met some "interesting" TSA agents, so anything is possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.