What to do with 2 Biz tickets to FCO?

Old Dec 28, 2004, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
What to do with 2 Biz tickets to FCO?

I made two business class reservations from CVG to FCO for July. They are "I" class. Yes, they only cost $2,000 per ticket (Excellent!). Now I can't go (Bummer!). On Delta's website, it says that not only are they non-transferable, but they cannot be cancelled and used for domestic travel. Is this true? Is there ANYTHING that I can do with them?
Old Dec 28, 2004, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DrBeeper
I made two business class reservations from CVG to FCO for July. They are "I" class. Yes, they only cost $2,000 per ticket (Excellent!). Now I can't go (Bummer!). On Delta's website, it says that not only are they non-transferable, but they cannot be cancelled and used for domestic travel. Is this true? Is there ANYTHING that I can do with them?
"I" fares are pretty restrictive. I'd call SMS and see what you can do about them. Perhaps you can pay a change fee and go at another time?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
DL will not allow the value paid for international tickets (even with a change fee) to be used on domestic flights for some absurd reason. I once had this waived by calling the executive office on Virginia Avenue and they made an exception. That particular time was right after 9/11 and they were bending their rules.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 9:18 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
Originally Posted by DrBeeper

I thought the dates could be changed for $300/each.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold
That is correct. I just purchased three tix to FCO for May/June and was told that they could be changed for $300.00 if necessary.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
We had a similiar situation when we had to purchase M (or L - can't remember) tickets @ $1600 each & used points to upgrade (the Plat Exception wasn't available then), then changed our return & the J class upgrade would not clear, so we cancelled those & used our Plat Exception. (BTW, there were 15 empty B/E seats on the flight that wouldn't clear...) Absolutely could only use for International & within a year of ticketing. They would not give me vouchers either - had to use the tkt #s as credit. We just booked 2 r/t LAX/CDG's on AF & went to Paris for a week last Nov to use & not lose the $$. 'Seemed' like free air (since we'd paid a year ago) & with Hyatt points, booked the Park Hyatt Place Vendome for 6 nights, got upgraded to a suite - not a bad way to spend a week!

Sorry, but I'd start thinking of a fun way like this to use the credit as you won't get it back otherwise from them...

Last edited by brendamc; Dec 29, 2004 at 9:33 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.