Wiki Posts
Search

Can I access CR or not???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Can I access CR or not???

I am flying with my husband in March at 2:30pm from Washington National to NYG on the Delta Shuttle. We then spend the night in NY and fly on to Narita at 11am. My question is- can we go to the Crown Room at National Airport? We are in BC on all legs except the shuttle because they don't have BC. I called and asked and they said yes, but when I called at a later date to check on a different flight, I asked again and they said no. Anyone know for sure???
LisaFlyer
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:09 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by Lisa Flyer
I am flying with my husband in March at 2:30pm from Washington National to NYG on the Delta Shuttle. We then spend the night in NY and fly on to Narita at 11am. My question is- can we go to the Crown Room at National Airport? We are in BC on all legs except the shuttle because they don't have BC. I called and asked and they said yes, but when I called at a later date to check on a different flight, I asked again and they said no. Anyone know for sure???LisaFlyer
I don't think so. If you are not a PM or CRC member, you can only use the BE lounge (or CRC lounge if there is no BE lounge) on the day of international BE travel. Thus, your scenario does not allow you to do so.

It does not hurt to try but you may be turned away!
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lisa Flyer
I called and asked and they said yes, but when I called at a later date to check on a different flight, I asked again and they said no. Anyone know for sure???
LisaFlyer
I don't think your ticket basis will get you in the DCA CRC, but as RunawayNFly suggested, it never hurts to ask. I would inquire at the check-in desk and if you're turned down there, try again at the CRC.

On the off chance you don't know this already, AMEX Platinum card (not the DL branded AMEX Platinum) holders can use their Platinum cards to access the CRC.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
The correct answer is no UNLESS the DCA-LGA shuttle flight is part of the same itinerary as the flight to Japan. This Japan flight is operated by NW with a DL codeshare on the flight. We are assuming that you bought the DL codeshare and not a NW ticket even though it is the same airplane.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
To reiterate what others have said: you should definitely ask. This is one area in which the person at the reception desk of the CR is completely empowered to grant a reasonable request (which I believe yours to be if you're flying BC to Narita). I have often been able to get the CR receptionist to be flexible on lots of little matters (discretely bringing food in, bringing an extra guest in, etc.) -- it would cost them next to nothing to bend the rules for you, and I think they would.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 6:15 pm

You shouldn't be able to get access. The club at DCA is small. Of course, I don't know which day of the week you are travelling. Since you are flying out so early, they may let you in.

I have seen Air France pax try to get access and turned away. Only right as Air France won't let us in their club at IAD when on domestic Delta itinerary.

Good luck, if I was around, I would bring you in as guests but you are there so much earlier in the day than I.

Marc
Old Jan 5, 2005, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Red face

Originally Posted by RobertS975
The correct answer is no UNLESS the DCA-LGA shuttle flight is part of the same itinerary as the flight to Japan. This Japan flight is operated by NW with a DL codeshare on the flight. We are assuming that you bought the DL codeshare and not a NW ticket even though it is the same airplane.
yes- it is all part of the same Delta itinerary- we just couldn't get awards seats any earlier to do same day out to Narita, so I opted to treat hubby to a night of grazing in NYC All are ticketed as Delta codeshare. I am GM too, if that makes any difference (probably not, but maybe they will be a little more accomidating than the no-status pax)

Thanks Guys for all the tips on getting my award travel-couldn't have done it without you!!!! Palau or bust!

Less than 70 days to my trip- we are really excited- got 73AB on all the big planes we are on- hubby has never been "first class", so I am sure he will have a great time.
LisaFlyer
Old May 21, 2007, 5:04 am

Programs: V-Flyer Black
I knew for a while Non-Revs with AmEx Plat could not access the DL Crown Room. With the change in that DL employees now can buy a Crown Room membership; Can AmEx Plat cardholders that are Non-Reving access the Crown Room?
Old May 21, 2007, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by PimpNumOne
I knew for a while Non-Revs with AmEx Plat could not access the DL Crown Room. With the change in that DL employees now can buy a Crown Room membership; Can AmEx Plat cardholders that are Non-Reving access the Crown Room?

I was told YES when I called last week, as this is partly the main reason i upgraded to an AMEX PLAT.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 10:49 am

Programs: V-Flyer Black
Well in ATL I have been denied access when traveling on a NRSA ticket. Simple in ATL as I go to another lounge. No Crown Room agent has been able to show me a policy that states I am not allowed access.

The agents that deny me claim that they would not get paid by AmEx for my visit. Is this true? Agents that allow me scan my seat request card and AmEx Plat without any issue. I imagine that if Delta did not get paid for my visit the computer would be programmed to block me.

Any help or rule/policy requested. Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2007, 4:27 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I'd encourage you to check out the DCA Presidents Club in any event...it is the nicest lounge in the system. Hidden above the terminal it is a one time dance club with panoramic views of the runway and our nation's capitol. Your status and j-class ticket should provide access.

Also, don't miss the new WC at NRT featuring the legendary beer machines.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
I am flying ATL - CDG on AF in Business (on, ahem, a Skysaver Award ticket...). I am a PM with an Amex Platinum card. Will I be able to access the BE Lounge? Thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2007, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by wjudge
I am flying ATL - CDG on AF in Business (on, ahem, a Skysaver Award ticket...). I am a PM with an Amex Platinum card. Will I be able to access the BE Lounge? Thanks!
As long as you're seated in Biz,you get lounge access. It doesn't matter how you got there...outright purchase, cheap fare and mileage UG, 'free ticket' bought with miles, or an op-up.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat.., Lifetime Delta SC, UC, MM
Access to MCO CR

Flying to MCI and have long layover on a UA ticket. Am lifetime mbr of CR. Can you access CR w/o going through security in terminal B?
Old Jul 23, 2007, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
As long as you're seated in Biz,you get lounge access. It doesn't matter how you got there...outright purchase, cheap fare and mileage UG, 'free ticket' bought with miles, or an op-up.
Hi, I used my Detla miles to get a Business Class flight on a RT flight JFK-SFO. The fare class is O. Can I access CRC at SFO and JFK even though I am not a CRC member?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.