Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

US: SEA - BOS $99. r/t (135 all in)

Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, and about everything else

Valid Jan 13 - Feb 17, 1 day minimum. Two of my favorite cities, not my favorite airline. Found on Travelocity.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
SAN BOS as well for the same price, well $3 more, same availability

Last edited by OB one; Jan 13, 2005 at 11:46 am
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:53 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Unsurprisingly, it works in reverse as well. Pity no one's matching this or any of US' other low fares.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 4:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallian
Saw this in the morning on my Yahoo Travel watch list...

Booked it via United.com as a US Airways ticket, flying on United metal all the way through. $138.31 all in!

$98 r/t as the base fare before taxes and fees is an amazingly low price, probably the lowest I have seen since living in Seattle for 5 years.

It's interesting how this is all on United metal... but the same flights purchased as United tickets instead of US Airways tickets cost much more.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by carolina
Saw this in the morning on my Yahoo Travel watch list...

Booked it via United.com as a US Airways ticket, flying on United metal all the way through. $138.31 all in!

$98 r/t as the base fare before taxes and fees is an amazingly low price, probably the lowest I have seen since living in Seattle for 5 years.

It's interesting how this is all on United metal... but the same flights purchased as United tickets instead of US Airways tickets cost much more.
You booked on United.com? What date did you use? I tried different dates and only got ~$380.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 5:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallian
I had to do a lot of hunting and pecking to find that fare for US Airways when booking on United.com with United metal.

The dates I saw them for were Sat Jan 29 and Tues Feb 1. But they weren't for all flights/times those days, I had to hunt around for flights that priced at that rate.

I also saw some other dates available, but at this point I don't have those dates with me.

To narrow the search, I did the following:

1) United.com
2) clicked on More search options
3) search by schedule; airlines added US Airways; flights displayed 20
4) do your search
5) look for the flights labeled as "US Airways (Operated by United Airlines Inc)"
6) unfortunately, United.com doesn't do a great job of presenting what are really the lowest cost options (go figure) when you just put wide options of times such as morning, afternoon or evening. You'll need to do some hunting and pecking to find the lowest cost options.

Here's what I did: I tried various combinations of specific times in hourly increments, pricing them out, until I found ones that worked. For example, for Sat Jan 29 and Tues Feb 1, when I did a combo of 9am and 3pm in the search, I got flights coming up for 8:35am and 2:05pm that didn't otherwise come up in the broader "morning" "afternoon" search, that did price at the lower rate of $138 r/t.

In fact, I just checked it a moment ago and that rate did come up for those dates and times.

I imagine if you use the same approach on other dates, you might find more.

And there might be easier ways to find this rate that I didn't do.

But this worked for me for getting the low rate via United.com for a US Airways ticket on United metal.

Originally Posted by toryvict
You booked on United.com? What date did you use? I tried different dates and only got ~$380.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.