Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Celebrity sightings for Bollywood (Indian Actors/Performers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2005, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Most major airline forums have celebrity sightings for various famous personalities. I know that Bollywood's reach is much further than just India. The Hindi movies are popular as far away as the Middle East and has a large following in Russia as well. So please post who you have seen and any juicy story accompanying the sighting.

I'll volunteer first.

Saw Hritik Roshan filming a scene at Vancouver International Airport a few years ago. Heard the crew was taking him out to Brandi's later that evening (local strip club).
Old Jan 27, 2005, 11:35 pm

Sunil Shetty and his family was in the same AI flight as mine from BOM to O'Hare in 1996. I knew only when I saw him at the luggage carousel in Chicago. He was flying first and I was in the cheapo economy.

PS: Bollywood has 3.6 billion followers which is a billion more than Hollywood. Check latest Feb 2005 issue of National Geographic.

Last edited by MNSWEEps; Jan 27, 2005 at 11:37 pm
Old Jan 28, 2005, 2:57 pm

I lose track of the number of Bollywood celebs that I've seen on Air India over the years.

The most memorable one was flying into Mumbai with Sanjay Dutt on his first trip abroad after being released from police custody. He was really emotional as we came in to land and was met at planeside and whisked away. He was a surprisingly eloquent and sober person to talk to in contrast to his public bad-boy persona.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 9:38 pm

Programs: AA Exp- 4MM; UA 1K; BA Gold; 9W Plat; SPG Plat; Hilton Diamond; LH FT; DL Gold
Cannot place the names but seen quite a few in BA and in the Concorde room

I used to fly BA a lot to India (in F and J). I have seen many Bollywood actors and actresses in F, who sometimes get whisked away at the gate on arrival by some kind of premier services and in other cases by special services people to the Concorde room. They almost always had additional staff with them in J or Coach (in one case the asst was also in F). BA staff seem to have been tipped off and would almost always treat them extremely well. All the ones I have come across have been quite polite to staff and kept to themselves or to their entourage - did not act boorish or bother other passengers. I don't watch Bollywood films (probably a dozen or so in the last 10 years) but can recognize those in the media (TV, news, magazines, etc.)

With flts increasing in frequency and variety, I see fewer and fewer of them these days. Maybe they get spread around or use private executive jets. I am also flying more trans-Pacific routes and there seems to be less VIP presence on non Indian carriers on this route (at least as a percentage of travelling public).
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:02 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Aishwarya Rai at the YYZ airport getting on to a UA flight sometime in 2003.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:13 am

Saw Salman Khan at BOM Maharaja Lounge few months ago. Pretty nice guy I thought.
One guy approached him for his autograph and got it, later he pulled out his camcorder and started shooting video of the actor and his friends/relatives having drinks (brought his own Vodka) and smoking. He politeley came this guy took the camcorder and deleted the video and gave back to him and posed to shoot the video sitting in a sofa next to him. He later posed for photographs with all the people requested, including the staff working there.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan ;BA GOLD;HH GOLD;FAIRMONT PREMIER;SPG GOLD;PR PASS.
We were flying CDG-DEL on AF in J.
We boarded first because we were travelling with our baby.
After we took our seats, Malkit Singh (Punjabi singer) strode past us and sat in Y.
He was in Paris doing a show.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
saw a singer named Raghav in the Jet lunge at BOM... my wife recognized him and took a pic!!

Saw Sanjay Dutt in BOM domestic airport and they were trying to let him get ahead of me in Security...I said "SH**" I do not care who you are...wait in line !!

Then they took him to the next line....and as he was leaving...he smiled and waved !!!

My wife almost fainted !!

Mu ultimate would be sitting next to Abishek Bachan and aks him how Rekha is doing !!!
Old Sep 5, 2008, 1:19 pm

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
I got my photo with Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan in the transborder Maple Leaf Lounge in YYZ. My brown friends get a kick out of it.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 8:14 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
Spotted Amitabh Bachchan in the BA Lounge in T1 2 years ago.
It was during the Nice Cannes Festival and I assume that is where he was going. However was surprised that he had no entourage and was impecably dressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.