Redeem miles for hotel stay

Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Redeem miles for hotel stay

My husband and I want to go to Oahu for a couple of days and we want to use our skymiles for the hotel stay. Any suggestions on what hotel program will let us maximize our skymiles.

Thanks for helping this newbie.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:47 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
tough one

There is basically no way to transfer miles out of SkyMiles so that you can use them for your hotel stay. The only way would be through points.com, but IMHO you loose so much value that it's hardly worth it.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 5:28 pm

Programs: No More Loyalty
Originally Posted by rcs85551
There is basically no way to transfer miles out of SkyMiles so that you can use them for your hotel stay. The only way would be through points.com, but IMHO you loose so much value that it's hardly worth it.
You can't use points.com either, even if you wanted to.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 5:57 pm
Original Member

I absolutely agree with the above posts.

Don't know what kind of hotel you're looking for, so I can't be of much help there. I will say that if you stay away from the real "Ritzy" properties, there are some VERY reasonable hotels in Oahu.

Do you have any points in HHonors or Marriott Rewards, etc., that you could use? How about American Express points?

Also, when do you want to do this? It sounds like soon, but again, I don't know...mid-week or weekend?

Just for an instance, I picked dates of Aug. 3-5 on hotels.com and came up with daily rates from $58 pernight at the Ohana Maile Sky Court, to around $70 per night at the various Ohana properties...also Marc Suites atsuites at $90 per night which have this on their web site:

"Each suite at the Marc Suites Waikiki offers air conditioning, an in-room safe, color cable TV, and telephone. For your convenience, each suite features a fully equipped kitchen with coffeemaker, microwave and refrigerator. All suites have a lanai (balcony) and plenty of room to kick back and relax. "

Sorry for the extreme influx of data that was not related to your original question. I know you may be very well looking at higher-priced and more luxurious properties. Just trying to help!
Old Jul 13, 2004, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hnechets
... an in-room safe...
I am not sure that is a good thing.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Talking

Originally Posted by indufan
I am not sure that is a good thing.
But is the hotel safe?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:36 am

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Delta points for hotel stay?

Does anyone know of a method to transfer Delta Miles to use for a hotel stay? I really have no need for my delta miles and I'd rather them not go to waste. I don't really have any preferance as to a particular hotel chain, just something thats decent..

thanks

az

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 9, 2005 at 1:46 am Reason: This milepost was alone in its own separate thread and was merged unedited into this thread.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 6:20 am

One possibility is the Coupon Connection thread. You can check to see if anyone would want your DL miles (assuming you have enough to get an award ticket or upgrade and are willing to do that in someone else's name) and is willing to trade you some HH or other hotel award night stays. Do a search over there under "Delta miles" or "DL" or phrases like that to see what the going rate is for DL miles so you'll have some idea what is reasonable to expect. You can work out some very creative trades if you work at it. Good luck.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:11 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Does it mean that I'm old if I remember the days when a Delta FF award ticket automatically also carried with it a voucher for a free stay at a partner hotel AND a free partner car rental?

Sigh...
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:25 am

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Does it mean that I'm old if I remember the days when a Delta FF award ticket automatically also carried with it a voucher for a free stay at a partner hotel AND a free partner car rental?

Sigh...
I got great use out of those goodies!! AAh.....the good old day
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:50 am

A few years ago, there was a method/way to transfer Delta miles to Hilton points. Delta had Award codes as follows:

Z991 5,000 miles = 10,000 points
Z992 10,000 miles = 20,000 points
Z993 20,000 miles = 40,000 points
Z994 30,000 miles = 60,000 points

I transferred miles from my Delta Frequent Flyer account to my Hilton account a number of years ago. This may have been a one time only deal, but it was possible. And it may still be possible, ASK!
Old Feb 9, 2005, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets

Sigh...
I guess I am getting older also.

I remember Continental Airlines doing this as well.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by lofly
A few years ago, there was a method/way to transfer Delta miles to Hilton points. Delta had Award codes as follows:

Z991 5,000 miles = 10,000 points
Z992 10,000 miles = 20,000 points
Z993 20,000 miles = 40,000 points
Z994 30,000 miles = 60,000 points

I transferred miles from my Delta Frequent Flyer account to my Hilton account a number of years ago. This may have been a one time only deal, but it was possible. And it may still be possible, ASK!
It was even better than that at one time for Gold and Platinum Medallions, which gave 3 HH points for every DL mile. I think I traded 30,000 miles for 90,000 HH points. Unfortunately, the DL to HH transfer is not an option now.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by rcs85551
Thank you,I understand. jomama1957.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
The Medallian Marketplace has hotel awards, but you'd have to have points to burn because the rates are ridiculous.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.