Wiki Posts
Search

Can We Talk Contest

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 1998, 12:16 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Can We Talk Contest

I think your contest needs some new rules. It is no longer a contest of who knows what, but who can "Spam" the most answers. Sending 10 answers with the name of every program you can think of in the first 5 minutes proves you know nothing. You need to change the rules to allow ONE GUESS from each contestant. My favorite was the guy who knew the answer had to be one, two, or three so he just sent in all three answers. You are rewarding quickness, not knowledge. Kinda of takes the purpose out of it don't you think?

Old May 17, 1998, 12:22 pm
Original Member

I agree completely. My favorite was also the 2,3,4 answer guy. What about the people who
have manipulated the system somehow, as to make it impossible to post an answer, because they just keep going "back" to input another answer. I tried at least 50 times today to post.
I couldn't even enter one answer not alone 20.
I guess the person with the fastest modem is going to win everytime. All they have to do is enter every airline they ever heard of.
Old May 17, 1998, 12:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Platinum
I agree with the suggested rules change, if you enter more than once, only your first answer counts. Also, the system appears to lock up when a person is posting, so while sistertodd was listing the names of all the domestic airlines, I think no one else was able to post.

My second win I knew the case was American Airlines, so I was not just guessing, but the day the question asked for 1, 2, or 3, I spent a couple of minutes readinf the United partner rules on the webflyer site, then thought, "this is silly, why research the quetsion when there are only 3 possible answers and the site allows unlimited entries. I agree, allow one entry per person per day. I've won twice, so if they want to limit it to two wins per person, that's fine with me. I've already won twice more than I expected.

By the way, I really like the new travel boards, it looks like a well organized way to share travel information. I was Priority Gold on USAir for three years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.