Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Manhattan or New York Hotel & Tower in NYC? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Manhattan or New York Hotel & Tower in NYC? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Arrow Sheraton Manhattan or New York Hotel & Tower in NYC? [Master Thread]

Hi all,

I'm taking a business trip to NYC next week. I have to decide between the Sheraton Manhattan Hotel or the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers. I am SPG Gold.

Which one would you recommend? They are the same price.

Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:59 am

Programs: Coutts Silk Card, Hilton G,SPG Plat,Priority C Plat, Amex BA +,Kempinski P C,BA G,Virgin G, P-Pass
I only ever stay at the Westin Essex House on Central Park South when in NYC, BUT as they only have steam and sauna facilities and no swimming pool I have used the pool at the Sheraton, now I can't remember which one has the pool, but I do believe only one has, so if that is important check out which. I think you have access if staying at the other, but it means a quick dash across the street as they are nearly opposite each other
Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:22 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by amexpete
I only ever stay at the Westin Essex House on Central Park South when in NYC, BUT as they only have steam and sauna facilities and no swimming pool I have used the pool at the Sheraton, now I can't remember which one has the pool, but I do believe only one has, so if that is important check out which. I think you have access if staying at the other, but it means a quick dash across the street as they are nearly opposite each other
The Sheraton Manhattan is the one with the pool.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

Cast your vote! Visit www.freddieawards.com and choose your favorite frequent travel programs today.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, UNITED 1-K
The Sheraton NY Towers is much better than the Sheraton Manhattan. The rooms at the Sheraton NY Towers have been redone within the last two years. The rooms in the Manhattan probably have not been redone in the last eight years.

The Sheraton New York also has a great executive lounge. No such amenity at the Manhattan. The Manhattan will just give you vouchers for breakfast at the restaurant on the first floor of the hotel.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I second that. The Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers us a a terrific Sheratin with the best club in the US (IMO). But, no pool...but I am sure they willmlet use use the pool acrosss the street at the Sheraton Manhattan.

I feel like I traitor: I am staying at the Essex House tomorrow night...not sure what to expect, but I hope for a suite upgrade and a view of the Gates!
Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:19 pm

Programs: AS, Hyatt
New York Sheratons

We stayed at the NY Hotel (not Manhattan) over the Xmas holiday and it had a great club lounge, the best hotel gym I have seen, and very friendly staff. It was quite busy, but that's New York.

However, I want to clarify another user's post about the room renovations. As of 2 months ago, the room renovations, which started at the top floor, were only down to the 24th floor. Make sure to ask for a renovated room at check-in.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:24 am

Hotel photo reviews at HotelScoop for New York City Sheratons might help you with your decision. You can view real photos from inside the hotel room to get a feel for the hotel.

Sheraton Manhattan Hotel photos and reviews: http://www.hotelscoop.com/z1_Hotel_P...rwood_6331.php

Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers photos and reviews: http://www.hotelscoop.com/z1_Hotel_P...rwood_6332.php

Enjoy your trip.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:07 am

I stayed at the Sheraton Manhattan and the lobby lounge had a nice buffet breakfast that included hot entrees (scrambled eggs, oatmeal, bacon, etc.).

At the Sheraton New York, the executive lounge only had a continental breakfast selection, no hot entrees whatsoever. Did I miss the hot food at breakfast?? (I did not have a chance to check out the evening snacks - what do they serve?)

I have an upcoming stay and am seriously considering the Sheraton Manhattan for the hot breakfast, even though the rooms aren't as nice and no lounge access...
Old Mar 1, 2005, 8:41 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jmc123

At the Sheraton New York, the executive lounge only had a continental breakfast selection, no hot entrees whatsoever. Did I miss the hot food at breakfast?? (I did not have a chance to check out the evening snacks - what do they serve?)
No hot breakfast at the Sheraton NY, but I think their continental spread is pretty good. Several kinds of cereal, berries, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, meats/cheeses, pastries, juice, and coffee.

At night, they usually have two hot snacks (coconut shrimp, mini beef wellington, kalmata tarts, etc), candied fruit, cheese, raw vegetables, and a antipasto-type tray w/ vegetables (no meats from what I remember). There's usually a candy tray, too. Cash bar; stiff drinks, stiff prices.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:19 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
I preffer the sheraton NY

I've stayed at both hotels. First at the manhatan after that several times at the NY. The rooms have a nice view I love the club lounge at this hotel. It's a nice and relaxing place away from the crowds. The breakfast is not to bad (nothing special but enough choice to have a good start of the day) and the snacks at night are nice.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 4:52 am

Sheraton Russell Hotel

Will be in NY in March on business with wife who prefers smaller hotels. Any experiences or comments on this Park Avenue hotel?
Old Mar 2, 2005, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Of the last 10 times I've stayed at the Manhattan, the TV remote has been broken or missing 6 times. The NY has been renovated, but some of the hallways are in disrepair. I also find the Manhattan to be quiter - less coming and going at all hours and slamming of doors, especially in the hall to the left of the elevators. To the original poster, as a gold I don't think you automatically get free access to the NY gym, but they gave it to me every time I asked (although sometimes I needed a story, which evolved from "I'm going to be coming to NY a lot and would like this to be my regular hotel but I need to be able to use the gym" to "they gave it to me last time")

The Russell has a different feel - quieter and older (although not run-down). As a former NYC resident the 7th ave/TS glitz does nothing for me so I much prefer the neighborhood
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:05 am
YXE

Programs: AC-Elite
I prefer the Westin Times Square (ask for a corner room), then Sheraton towers. I avoif the Sheraton Manhattan.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Juniperpt
Will be in NY in March on business with wife who prefers smaller hotels. Any experiences or comments on this Park Avenue hotel?
The Sheraton Russell is the best Sheraton in Manhattan.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 9:59 am
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
While search is down, here is a sticky to one of the cities that people ask about the most. The sticky will be removed once search is re-enabled. I hope this helps!

ldsant
*wood Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.