Wiki Posts
Search

Northwest Coupons for this summer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Northwest Coupons for this summer

Hi there. I am probably heading to Europe in August, and I was just wondering if NW has E-certs for that time, and when they are released.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Summer is the very busy time. I've never seem them issue certs at that time. The last cert I got was valid until mid May or late May.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:36 pm

There are PD886's ($25/50/75/100 off based on base fare) out there that are good for travel through the end of June. But nothing I know of that's good for August. Nor would I expect to see anything for August, since it's peak time.

They usually start popping up again in September.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:02 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
The discount certs one gets in Amenity packs (for delayed flight or some other small breakdown in service) could be valid over the summer (the PD929 I received Dec 2004 is valid until the end of Sept 2005), though I would imagine most people who received one would most likely use it themselves for their own summer travel.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 6:51 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I want to go to Paris in either late April or early May. Is there a coupon for that time period available now? And is the price on a PD coupon better than the coded offer in this week's email?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:18 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
I have a PD926 25/50/75/100 I got in an amenity pack that is good until Fall. No zone certificates that I have seen, just amenity $$ off that are good until fall.

Cheers

Timo
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:12 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
I want to go to Paris in either late April or early May. Is there a coupon for that time period available now? And is the price on a PD coupon better than the coded offer in this week's email?
What's the coded offer in this week's email? I get a totally different email aimed at residents of Japan/Asia.

As for the PD's and other NW certs, there was a thread here not too long ago that dealt with the definitions of many of these. Unfortunately, the search function is still down.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:34 am

Found it. It was actually in the Coupon Connection forum. Canarsie's Definitive Coupon Connection Glossary thread.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DavidDTW
The zone certs are good for travel until May 19. The fare to Europe is $519/$549/$609 depending on whether you are originating in zone A, B or C. No blackout dates.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
The Zone tickets aren't such a good deal for April and May travel. You can probably find a better deal doing a normal search.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 6:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by dream7
The zone certs are good for travel until May 19. The fare to Europe is $519/$549/$609 depending on whether you are originating in zone A, B or C. No blackout dates.
Add about $100 to these fares for all in.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
The Zone tickets aren't such a good deal for April and May travel. You can probably find a better deal doing a normal search.
True enough for the major destinations like CDG, LON, FRA and sometimes other German cities. I have to travel to OSL a lot, and the zone certs are usually better than the nwa.com fares for that. Also, R/F/Sa travel is the same price as weekdays with the cert. I'll save $65 off the current price of my next trip if I get another ValPak cert soon. Better than nothing, but I always hope they include OSL in their really good sales. It doesn't happen often.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, UA
PaulMSN, that's cool. That's actually where I'm headed Either OSL or TRF (preferably TRF)
Old Feb 20, 2005, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
The discount certs one gets in Amenity packs (for delayed flight or some other small breakdown in service) could be valid over the summer (the PD929 I received Dec 2004 is valid until the end of Sept 2005), though I would imagine most people who received one would most likely use it themselves for their own summer travel.
If i am not mistaken, i think the e-cert is PD925 (not PD929). One can buy them at 8-10 a piece at ebay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.