Search

Chinese Dim Sum - City and Burbs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2005, 12:52 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Chinese Dim Sum - City and Burbs

This morning my wife and I went for a long walk in the Busse Forest Preserve.
Got done about 11:15am, perfect time I thought to get to the best (as I know it) Dim Sum place in the suburbs, Jockey Restaurant in Hoffman Estates.
Arrived slightly before 11:30am, good thing because in 15 minutes the place was packed. On Saturdays and Sundays from 11am-2:30pm, Jockey serves Dim Sum w/the carts rolling around, one simply asks what the cart server has to get served the items on the cart. If you don't like it, don't take it.

There is quite a good, fresh selection at Jockey BUT not all items come out on carts, make sure you request the Dim Sum menu so that you can see all the items available.

Also, if you need a midweek Dim Sum fix, items are available at any time, just ask for the Dim Sum Menu.

Jockey Restaurant
1017 N Roselle Road
(NE corner of Higgins & Roselle)
Hoffman Estates, IL
http://www.jockey2go.com
Old Feb 27, 2005, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
This morning my wife and I went for a long walk in the Busse Forest Preserve.
Got done about 11:15am, perfect time I thought to get to the best (as I know it) Dim Sum place in the suburbs, Jockey Restaurant in Hoffman Estates.
Arrived slightly before 11:30am, good thing because in 15 minutes the place was packed. On Saturdays and Sundays from 11am-2:30pm, Jockey serves Dim Sum w/the carts rolling around, one simply asks what the cart server has to get served the items on the cart. If you don't like it, don't take it.

There is quite a good, fresh selection at Jockey BUT not all items come out on carts, make sure you request the Dim Sum menu so that you can see all the items available.

Also, if you need a midweek Dim Sum fix, items are available at any time, just ask for the Dim Sum Menu.

Jockey Restaurant
1017 N Roselle Road
(NE corner of Higgins & Roselle)
Hoffman Estates, IL
http://www.jockey2go.com
Sounds good Willie! Hmmmm, maybe a Sunday Cgoland get-together in the making?
Old Feb 27, 2005, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Wow, a friend of mine lives about three minutes away from there and I drive by that place whenever I visit her. I'm going to have to get her to try it out with me some Saturday for lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.