Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Montreal - Centre Ville [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points Montreal - Centre Ville [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2005, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, *wood Plat
Arrow Four Points Montreal - Centre Ville [Master Thread]

Since search is down, would like some help. Daughter (twenty two) thinking of staying at Four Points Centre Ville for long weekend.

She wants to use her points. She has an AMEX * wood card and between her and her boyfriend they have enough for the Four Points. They also have enough for the Sheraton Montreal but that would basically wipe them out of points. They could do Cash & Points, but then they would have to spend about $200. They are both grad students on a limited budget.

Any feedback positive and negative feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by jkfb1; Mar 6, 2005 at 5:18 pm Reason: Be more detailed
Old Mar 6, 2005, 1:17 pm
SST

It's well-located for Downtown; it's a lackluster hotel, though. No lounge, typical of 4PTS, with decent rates most of the time. If you're looking to sleep there, but be elsewhere during the day, it's fine. If you're looking for a hotel with facilities, this isn't it. Sheraton Centre-Ville is.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Location of the hotel is convenient to shopping and the subway station. As far as the hotel is concerned, I would agree with the previous poster on the fact that it is just decent. Probably one of the better 4 Points around but no real services. I stayed there in August but we really didn't spend much time in the room so it was good for us. Next time we go back, we will give the new W a try. Have heard a lot of good things about it. W might be more interesting for your daughter considering the young/urban/modern vibe most W's have. Naturally it will be more expensive both in $ and points if you are planning on using those.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 5:08 pm

Reasonably priced-- within walking distance to the centre of town and a clean hotel. Your daughter should be satisfied with all that.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 5:40 pm

Stay away from the 4 points. Centre ville sheraton is better , far better is the W.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:42 pm

Programs: Platinum AA, Gold Skymiles, *wood Platinum
Originally Posted by seiko
Stay away from the 4 points. Centre ville sheraton is better , far better is the W.
Can't speak for the W as I haven't been there yet, but the Sheraton has nice Sweet Sleeper beds, good sized rooms, quiet, yet great access to nightlife around the corner, close to museums, etc. Good breakfast buffet for Plats. I stayed 4pts once, and would rather stay at a non-*wood hotel then do that again.

It's where I would want my daughter staying.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 9:09 pm

Stay Away from There!

Awful... I stayed there last October and never again. The hotel is old the elevators are run down. The rooms are like a motel 6. The beds are horrible! Tell your daughter to spend the extra $ and points and stay at The Sheraton. Much Much better!!!
Old Mar 28, 2005, 3:56 pm

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by imverge
Awful... I stayed there last October and never again. The hotel is old the elevators are run down. The rooms are like a motel 6. The beds are horrible! Tell your daughter to spend the extra $ and points and stay at The Sheraton. Much Much better!!!
I'm not sure if we are talking about the same hotel. I've put several dozens of people in that hotel and they were all extemly happy. Got all of them upgraded to a mini suite cause of my Plat status. Maybe you had a bad experience. But to pay twice as much is not worth going to the Centre Sheraton.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 2:12 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
My daughter went to the Four Points Montreal this weekend. I booked her reservation using the 25% discount on Starpoints. It had her name and my name on the reservation. I'm PLT, she's not. When she went to check in they said "You're not WMA." She said "Nope, I'm her daughter" and then proceeded to give her SPG Amex Card (we have the same last name). Even though I wasn't there, they still upgraded her to a suite for PLT's. She was impressed. She said the suite was great, service was great, the people were great.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 3:20 pm

Programs: *wood plat, UA ka-zillion ultra-platinum blah blah
Glad your daughter had a nice stay.

I find the staff at the 4-points to be superior than that of the Sheraton. The hotel isn't in the best of shape, but, as I've always been upgraded to suites as a PLAT, I found little to complain about considering the room rate I was paying.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 1:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Can anyone comment on a more recent stay at the Four Points - Centre Ville?

I will be in Montreal for a conference and was going to bring my wife and two young children along to enjoy Montreal for a few days. Can get good rates on a two room 'suite' at the Four Points

I have seen a few comments but they are generally a little dated. I have seen people alluding to renovations taking place. So have the rooms been renovated or are they still tired? Whose pool facilities accross the street do you have access to?

More generally - How do people like/dislike the hotel? (I know we are not talking about a 4* property - I just want a half decent place to stay at a reasonable rate)

Thanks for your help
Old Nov 2, 2007, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
It's ok, not great, not a room I'd want to spend too much time in while awake. The category assignment (3) is about right. Parking is confusing (it's valet, but there are no signs.)

But, the staff is friendly, the location is very good, and there's a Tim Horton's at the corner.

If you get a good rate, it's a value hotel.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I concure with elmhurstnick.
Stayed there this past year.
Nice staff,ok rooms-as a plat I had one of the 2 room suites.Large living room with sofa bed and seperate TV.Bedroom was small-and did not have an independant AC/heater(vented to main room)
If you get a good deal( google sweet deals montreal to find a great deal)this place is good value-just do not expect fancy.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, DL Gold, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
I concur with the two previous posts. I have stayed there three times in the last two months. Great front desk staff. I also got the two room suites each stay. The bedroom barely fits the king-size bed and dresser w/tv, but I don't need any more in the bedroom. Nice to have the desk, couch, tv in the living room. Go for a higher floor if you have an option. Metro is very convenient. Tim Hortons is open all the time. I have no complaints about this hotel - it is what it is, and it is more than adequate for my frequent visits to YUL.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 6:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks for your replies. I know (and wouldn't expect) it to be fancy (since it is a Four Points). All I want is a realtively clean, well located and reasonably priced hotel for the family before my conference and from your posts, it sounds like this will be fine. I was planning on booking a two room suite

For anyone interested - Great rates can be found from the SPG promos page.

Two further questions:

Can anyone comment on the gym and pool facilities (these are shared with another hotel (presumably) accross the street).

I saw a comment on FT that rooms have fridges. Can someone pls. confirm. Also any microwaves? Our kids are still young and we need these for milk etc.

Thanks again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.