Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Crescent Hotel - Phoenix [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Crescent Hotel - Phoenix [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2001, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Arrow Sheraton Crescent Hotel - Phoenix [Master Thread]

Sheraton Crescent Hotel

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Sheraton Crescent Hotel

2620 W Dunlap Ave Phoenix, AZ US 85021

Sheraton Crescent Hotel (0 Photo)

Sheraton Crescent Hotel

Just got back from a business trip to PHX with a group of employees and we stayed at the Sheraton Crescent. All I can say was that I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the staff at this property. They didn't get the Plat amenity right but we got breakfast and appetizer vouchers for the restaurant, as well as some incredible service.

Overall it was a great stay and I would definitely return.

Check In

I was the only SPG Plat in the group yet they upgraded all FOUR of us to the Club floor, which is above and beyond what's required. I should've gotten names but the clerk working the front desk couldn't have been more helpful and friendly when we checked in. She made sure all of us were properly settled in and even inquired about whether we'd gotten our Plat amenity, we said we hadn't and she said she'd make sure we did.

Service

Even out of the ordinary requests were handled with aplomb. I had a fedex delivered First Overnight at 8:00 AM and the front desk staff initially didn't know was there when I went down. One of the bellmen said, "Don't worry, Mr. Kane, I'll just head over to the loading dock and see if it arrived." He sped off and came back 5 minutes later with the package in hand. Lots of times I've stayed in hotels and had thigns delivered where the package was at the FRONT DESK and the staff couldn't be bothered to look down and see it at their feet.

Feat #2 was when I, being perpetually underpacked, needed a clean pair of jeans so that I could change after my LAS-EWR redeye. I went down to the front desk at 8:30 and asked if they could get my jeans laundered and have 'em back by noon. They said no problem. I went back with some trepidation to find that the jeans were done and hanging in my room... AND they didn't even charge me for the service.

The property itself is rather large, with quite a few amenities including a water-slide. My favorite perk of the hotel is their policy of charging a $5 surcharge per day for the room which includes just about EVERYTHING other hotels surcharge for including local phonecalls (up to an hour, I think that's fair), valet service, gym, pool, and other amenity access. I truly think this should be a standard across the Starwood brand, I guarantee it'd bring in a LOT of business. Unfortunately I didn't get to partake in any of the amenities but they LOOKED nice.

Room

The rooms themselves were nondescript but large and very comfy. They all had sofa-sleepers in them in addition to king size beds. The bathroom had been redone in marble and was decently spacious, a standard sized hotel bathroom with combined shower/bath.

The A/C was rather OVEReffective, but I guess in Phoenix it needs to be in order to combat those 117 degree days.

All in all the only thing lacking in the room was high-speed Internet access. As the modem in my laptop died while on this trip, I was dying without broadband access! Thankfully, Voicestream had just inaugurated GPRS service and the V'stream store in the nearby Metro Park mall had one.Not quite 1.5 Mbps but it did the job.

Overall

Overall it was a great stay and I would definitely return.

Sheraton Crescent Hotel

Would you like to write a review on the Sheraton Crescent Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Oct 15, 2001, 3:32 pm

I had to stay there a couple of times over the summer. Great place and I only payed $49 per stay. Club Level at that.
Old Oct 16, 2001, 10:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kanebear:
Just got back from a business trip to PHX with a group of employees and we stayed at the Sheraton Crescent. All I can say was that I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the staff at this property. They didn't get the Plat amenity right but we got breakfast and appetizer vouchers for the restaurant, as well as some incredible service.
</font>

Staff at the Sheraton Crescent is very good, and that is one of the reasons why I return there repeatedly when in town, despite other hotels having better amenities.

What type of Plat. amentity did you receive?

(Usually they forget to give me mine, but with the upgrades I let it slide.)
Old Oct 16, 2001, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
We never got the Plat amenity but I never revisited the issue either. I assume whomever the woman working the desk spoke to about it dropped the ball, but given the level of attention I wasn't exactly worried about it. With service like that I didn't MIND not getting a Plat amenity.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Sheraton Crescent Phoenix Nickels and Dimes

Just stayed at this property one night. On check out I was surprised with a $10 "Hotel Services Charge". No advance notice. Check out clerk pointed to a placard at the end of the registration counter - this covers free local and 800 calls, the water slide, etc. Check out clerk said she would refund it. Looked at my staement at airport (my mistake for trusting her), she refunded $8.96 of the $10.00 charge - she said the charge was to avoid nickel and diming the guest to death - just what she was doing. Why refund only part of the service charge? Very poor customer service in my opinion. No email address to contact the hotel manager on the reprinted statement.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
Old Oct 31, 2003, 9:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by World20:
Just stayed at this property one night. On check out I was surprised with a $10 "Hotel Services Charge". No advance notice. Check out clerk pointed to a placard at the end of the registration counter - this covers free local and 800 calls, the water slide, etc. Check out clerk said she would refund it. Looked at my staement at airport (my mistake for trusting her), she refunded $8.96 of the $10.00 charge - she said the charge was to avoid nickel and diming the guest to death - just what she was doing. Why refund only part of the service charge? Very poor customer service in my opinion. No email address to contact the hotel manager on the reprinted statement.

</font>
I was just there, and was aware of the charge due to past experience. But - on the hotel channel on the TV the charge was listed as $8.00, not 10. The front desk told me they just increased it, but didn't offer to refund the difference. For my $30 (3 nights) I got 3 free calls to toll free numbers, and nothing else. I'd have rather been "nickel and dimed".
Old Oct 31, 2003, 10:16 am

As of just a couple of years ago, that convenience fee was only $5.00.

My how times have changed.

But the hotel has been very kind to me; each stay (and there have been numerous) have been upgraded to either a junior suite or a presidential suite. I've only spent one night (at my request) in a non-suite room.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
And the rest of the story - daily high speed internet access was $14.00 - that seems very high to me. Phoenix Hilton Airport only charges $9.95. Also, cards on each table in the lounge begging for tips.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
Old Oct 31, 2003, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
If the hotel management is truly trying to benefit the customer, then why why not just charge per item but with an automatic $10.00 "cap"?
Old Nov 1, 2003, 7:31 am

The hotel says that the fee "is for your convenience." I won't go back because of their nickle and diming.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 4:58 pm

And now the kicker - I just saw that my stay posted - and the $10 per day resort fee does not even earn Starpoints.

Lurker - is that correct? are resort fees ineligible?
Old Nov 1, 2003, 5:43 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I really like this property in Phoenix but on the otherhand I would prefer a clear policy on phone useage at all *W properties. Some properties offer free local calls, others will kill you with far more than nickles and dimes.

For example, do not even pick up the phone at the W in Brentwood CA where the min call is over $12+ taxes for the first minute.

We all know what the area codes are like in LA, and you could run up a huge bill there simply making 5 or 6 calls around the city. I will never stay there again unless I have a cell phone or until they change their phone policy! I would be curious what the current policy is at the Century Plaza or Bonaventure, or other LA area properties.

Old Nov 3, 2003, 12:20 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by VolleyballFerd:
And now the kicker - I just saw that my stay posted - and the $10 per day resort fee does not even earn Starpoints.

Lurker - is that correct? are resort fees ineligible?
</font>
Resort fees are not eligible charges.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Sheraton Crescent Hotel - Phoenix, AZ

I just found out we have a sales meeting in late April for three nights at this hotel...anyone ever stay here? I am a platinum member, can I expect any decent upgrades, or do they not exist?

From the web site, the hotel looks less than impressive....
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:37 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
The hotel is okay, nothing too special. Basketball court, tennis, and a decent pool. They have a club lounge for breakfast and some rooms with large patio decks at the end of the wing, but I didn't get one of those when I stayed there in October.

I do remember it being very noisy from street traffic at the major intersection in front of the hotel. I'd request a room on the backside (poolside) and it should be a bit quieter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.