Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Toronto [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Toronto [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Toronto [Master thread]

Will be in Toronto this weekend. ANy suggestiosn for hotels? I will need one night at the airport and two nights downtown.

CR

/mod

Prior information can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

/mod

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Mar 30, 2010 at 2:16 am
Old Nov 1, 2007, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA-1K, CO-Elite, SPG-Platinum, Hertz 5*
I've stayed in the Westin Harbour Castle, the Sheraton and the Le Meridian. I would say the Le Meridian is my favorite due to the service and location (close to yonge street). The Westin is nice as its near the lake but a pretty standard hotel (have had very good experiences and rooms there as well). I'd go for the Le meridian if you have the chance though.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:52 pm

Programs: AMEX, Hyatt, AA
I've stayed at the Westin and the Sheraton. I prefer the Sheraton as its location is much more central, unless you are looking to be lakefront. I liked the Club room at the Sheraton, also.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 3:18 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Le Meridien by far. A hotel with character and not a soulless concrete monster.
Old May 6, 2008, 5:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy lt Titanium, UA lt Gld MM, HHonors Diamond, Starbucks Gold!
Thumbs down Four Points Lakeshore - right out of GTA4!

Was supposed to stay at the Four Points Lakeshore last night. I must have been brain dead when making the booking, because it looked like it was downtown. When driving out to it, on Lakeshore drive, it was miles from the downtown core. Moreover, I commented to my buddy - "it should be one of those buildings down the road - as long as it's not that s*^tbox on the right...." The picture on the website is definitely not reflective of what you get.

Uhm... It was the disaster on the right. Sandwiched between the Gartner Expressway (8 lanes of 24 hour freeway) and lakeshore drive (6 lanes of local traffic). The place looked run down - like something right out of Grand Theft Auto.... I felt like if I left the car, I'd come back to find it on blocks, completely stripped.

Thank my lucky stars for the Plat Concierges! A quick phone call, and we moved to the Westin Prince. Long drive away and an extra $20 a nite, but no feeling of having to be in an urban warfare zone.
Old May 6, 2008, 10:34 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
Originally Posted by willphillipson
Was supposed to stay at the Four Points Lakeshore last night. I must have been brain dead when making the booking, because it looked like it was downtown. When driving out to it, on Lakeshore drive, it was miles from the downtown core. Moreover, I commented to my buddy - "it should be one of those buildings down the road - as long as it's not that s*^tbox on the right...." The picture on the website is definitely not reflective of what you get.

Uhm... It was the disaster on the right. Sandwiched between the Gartner Expressway (8 lanes of 24 hour freeway) and lakeshore drive (6 lanes of local traffic). The place looked run down - like something right out of Grand Theft Auto.... I felt like if I left the car, I'd come back to find it on blocks, completely stripped.

Thank my lucky stars for the Plat Concierges! A quick phone call, and we moved to the Westin Prince. Long drive away and an extra $20 a nite, but no feeling of having to be in an urban warfare zone.
Driving by that hotel everymoring, I've wondered if its as bad as it looks. I think you answered that.
I recently stayed at the Harbour Castle, they've had a recent promo on $137/nite...not bad for the SPG floor. Most of the rooms are upgraded with LCD and marble bathrooms.
Old May 6, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Does the Westin Harbour Castle have a club? I am taking the family to Toronto and Niagra falls for vacation. We are currently booked useing points at the Westin, I like gym an pool are for the kids plus the harbour views, but 5 days of buying breakfast versus a club makes a huge difference.
Old May 7, 2008, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by troyintn
Does the Westin Harbour Castle have a club? I am taking the family to Toronto and Niagra falls for vacation. We are currently booked useing points at the Westin, I like gym an pool are for the kids plus the harbour views, but 5 days of buying breakfast versus a club makes a huge difference.
No club room at the Westin HC. The LeMeridien King Edward and Sheraton Centre does. However, note that the LeMeridien does not have a pool.
Old May 7, 2008, 5:22 am

Programs: spg-plat, aa-1mm and exp,hh-Diamond,hyatt-gld
sHERATON CENTER-TORONTO

Originally Posted by CDNtravler
No club room at the Westin HC. The LeMeridien King Edward and Sheraton Centre does. However, note that the LeMeridien does not have a pool.
SHERATON CENTER- CLUB FLOOR HAS AMENITIES WORTH STAYING ESPECIALLY WITH CHILDREN!!
Old May 7, 2008, 6:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by lestismore
SHERATON CENTER- CLUB FLOOR HAS AMENITIES WORTH STAYING ESPECIALLY WITH CHILDREN!!
Yes, but most people don't want kids running around in the club lounge...
Old May 10, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lestismore
Thanks I will look it up.
Old May 11, 2008, 12:23 pm

almost decide to stay at Four Points Lakeshore but after I saw willphillipson's comments, obviously need to give up

So far very happy with the past 4 stays in Toronto on April

upgrade 4 for 4 to Suites without asking, 3 on King Eddie (big suites), 1 on Sheraton North on HWY 7, breakfasts are provided in the lounge for both properties, if you are not platium you may be refused to have 4:00 pm late check out
Old Feb 2, 2009, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
So after reading all of the Toronto threads, I still have some questions.

I am required to move to Toronto for 3 months for work. Will probably come home to Alberta every 2nd weekend. Anyways, my hotel questions for those of you that frequent Toronto.

My #1 priorities are, in order: (I am a PLAT)

Free food (club lounges, comped room service, etc..)
Gym
Free/comped internet (not a huge deal if not)

The King Edward sounds great for upgrades and club lounge (is it breaky AND hor dervs?)
Sheraton Centre .. I couldnt get much info out of the Master Thread. club Lounge? Breaky?

Let me know you're thoughts. P.S. Hotel hopping is not an option.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
So after reading all of the Toronto threads, I still have some questions.

I am required to move to Toronto for 3 months for work. Will probably come home to Alberta every 2nd weekend. Anyways, my hotel questions for those of you that frequent Toronto.

My #1 priorities are, in order: (I am a PLAT)

Free food (club lounges, comped room service, etc..)
Gym
Free/comped internet (not a huge deal if not)

The King Edward sounds great for upgrades and club lounge (is it breaky AND hor dervs?)
Sheraton Centre .. I couldnt get much info out of the Master Thread. club Lounge? Breaky?

Let me know you're thoughts. P.S. Hotel hopping is not an option.
I take it you will be living and working in downtown?

What do you mean by "comped room service"? Do you expect free full meals ordered from the Room Service menu?!

All the Sheratons charge for internet. Some SET codes allow for free internet at Westins and Sheratons though.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:31 pm

Programs: SPG, NWA, etc.
Fourpoints Lakeshore

I needed a few stays last year to requalify for platinum so I stayed at four points lakeshore about 5 times. I will agree, it is certainly not in the core, but the area is reasonably safe (I left my Jeep, topless, during the summer and no problems x 3 nights).

The hotel is run-down and needs some work but I believe they recently redid a few of the floors and are doing more/ongoing.

Restaurant isn't much to speak of but the staff are hardworking and friendly.

No significant upgrades or otherwise but rooms are cheap, occassionally you can get a room for $85 - 100 and often @ $125/night.

Not close to the subway but does have good access to the major roads (DVP and Lakeshore specifically).

If you're going to stay this far outside of the city, you may want to consider one of the airport hotels, also dirt cheap.

For me, in Toronto, King Edward is the best bet. Great location right next to the historic Albany Club of Toronto.
Enjoy TO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.