Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is There an Elite Status Level Above Hilton Honors Diamond?

Old Jan 30, 2001, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref

I posted this on Marriott also but here I'll give the short version?

Is there an Elite level above the Diamond level?

I'm a plat at Marriott and Diamond at Hilton, I would prefer to be at one at a higher level however without the incentive to, why should I stay at the Marriott or Hilton once I have reached Marriott Plat or HH Diamond when I can have both?

Old Jan 30, 2001, 8:02 pm

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
There is a level above it, Stawrood Platinum!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahah - couldn't resist!
Old Jan 30, 2001, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Yes
Old Jan 31, 2001, 11:02 am

Hilton Platinum is above Diamond. It is by invitation only, usually by a property's General Manager. Perhaps Adam can share with us the added benefits that come with Platinum status and how invitees are selected.
Old Jan 31, 2001, 11:46 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Can anybody else verify that there's a level above Diamond (platinum)?

I was told by several proprties that Diamond is the top tier...
Old Jan 31, 2001, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I remember a few years back when Diamond was invite only. So is this level for people who stay at one particular hotel and not for the traveler who does a week here, there and everywhere but never a lot at one specific hotel? Doesn't make sense to me as the first one to give me a level above the current Plat/Diamond at Marriott/Hilton will most likely win another 75 plus nights a year minimum, just not at one property
Old Feb 1, 2001, 1:11 am

Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
. . . why should I stay at the Marriott or Hilton once I have reached Marriott Plat or HH Diamond when I can have both?
I thought the whoe point of the drill of being elite level was for the perks, such as upgrades, amenities, free booze, etc. At least, it is for me. Once one has reached that level, why would one want to leave it to start from scratch elsewhere?

Seems sort of like a property-owner, having finally achieved a country estate, leaving it to live in a walk-up efficiency apartment.
Old Feb 1, 2001, 9:44 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
So far, you're all on the wrong track.
Old Feb 1, 2001, 2:12 pm

I would also be interested in this with the probability of logging 150 plus nights at one property June 2000 - June 2001. Any details or convincing arguments I should give to that property's GM on my next stay in about a week ?
Old Feb 1, 2001, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3 Million Miler, HHonors Diamond (old school) Hertz Presidents Circle, CO-MM, now done.
Prior to 1998 HHonors Diamond level was invite only for the top one percent of revenue contributors amongst all HHonors members.

The year that I made it was rather comical, as they couldn't confirm qualification until they ran some rather complicated reports. Service as a Diamond was superb, always a suite or best room in house.

Once it became a published benefit, many others have qualified, and I feel that the service level has diminished somewhat.

For me it would be fantastic for a super HHonors level: 1999 200+ nites, 2000 140 nites.

I still get great service from the Diamond desk, but some property managers make me want to scream.
Old Apr 24, 2001, 11:23 pm

Time for a new level

With all these gold promotions, the next thing you know they will be handing out diamond status like candy. I think it's time we got a new elite level. I don't think diamond qualifies anymore.
Old Apr 25, 2001, 1:30 am

I have to agree. I struggle to get the 62 nights as I often stay where the hiltons arent that fabbo so I stay at sheratons so I often have to do a hotel run to qualify.I now wonder if its worth it as I see that Gold gets you the same (well almost) as diamond
Old Apr 25, 2001, 2:12 am

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
How about the "Double Diamond" level described in [ http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001671.html ] ?

Old Apr 25, 2001, 5:27 am

My dh and I went instant Gold. It was a great marketing tool for Hilton. We changed our hotel chain of choice from Marriott to Hilton. In the past month we have had two stays of over $1500. and two more planned for $500. I'm sure Hilton would not offer this again unless they make a profit. If they can make an extra $2000. in 2 months time from a couple of 100 business people, isn't it worth an offer like this to them? Doesn't it keep their reward system going for other Gold and Diamond members?
Old Apr 25, 2001, 5:33 am
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by lorra:
My dh and I went instant Gold. It was a great marketing tool for Hilton. We changed our hotel chain of choice from Marriott to Hilton. In the past month we have had two stays of over $1500. and two more planned for $500. I'm sure Hilton would not offer this again unless they make a profit. If they can make an extra $2000. in 2 months time from a couple of 100 business people, isn't it worth an offer like this to them? Doesn't it keep their reward system going for other Gold and Diamond members?
Agreed!

There will be even more defections from Marriott to Hilton now that Marriot's new award structure becomes better known, as they have done away with their popular "713/714" awards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.