Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Northwest WorldPerks
Reload this Page >

How to get/use NW Coupons, PD Certs, etc???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2005, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Just a curiosity question. I see $$ off coupons as well as regional discounts listed on ebay all the time, particularly PD925. I am NW Gold Elite and have never received a single coupon. Other than the fact that they must not like me , how/when are people receiving these coupons?

Last edited by thezipper; May 30, 2006 at 9:31 am Reason: clarify title due to merged threads
Old Apr 10, 2005, 8:30 pm

$$$ off coupons are usually given as part of "service recovery" packets.

On a recent LAX -> NRT flight that got cancelled, they were passing out packets with PK018 certs ($50 off a $200 or greater fare) for people in coach, and SRPs containing PD965 coupons ( $25/50/75/100 off a less-than-200/200-300/300-400/greater-than-400 fare ) for the people in W.B.C.

There are different SRP's for domestic flights. I think these ones have certs ranging from $25 - $50 off future tickets.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall

On a recent LAX -> NRT flight that got cancelled, they were passing out packets with PK018 certs ($50 off a $200 or greater fare) for people in coach, and SRPs containing PD965 coupons ( $25/50/75/100 off a less-than-200/200-300/300-400/greater-than-400 fare ) for the people in W.B.C.

There are different SRP's for domestic flights. I think these ones have certs ranging from $25 - $50 off future tickets.
That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. Maybe I should feel happy I haven't gotten one yet!
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall

So is it unlikely that someone would have, say for instance 5 at one time?
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by abezebabe
Well, I got a total of 5 on my last delayed/bump trip. I just ask for one each time talk to an agent, or at the WC. I also bought one for $10. (3 100 coupons, 2 50 dollar ones). Each with 2000 miles coupons as well. I got the last one on the airplane since the FA shot champagne all over, and doused my leg a bit. I didn't even ask for that one.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 1:28 am

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US
Angry Their not worth face value on nwa.com!

I have tried many times to use the Travel Discount Cert received from NW personnel in the service recovery packets...but lately (over past year) I do not get the full value of the discount on discounted "promo" fares as they appear on nwa.com. They are almost worthless to me!

That is a bummer

The cert used to be worth full value off any fare published by NW or on nwa.com. I am a loyal NW flyer, but truly do think NW has hurt themselves by this form of "deception" by not being useable towards "any" fare available on nwa.com or published.

I have not tried to use them on CO recently either. I did a couple of years ago and they were accepted at airports at full face value off the ticket reservations made on CO.com and ticketed at the airport. Therefore, do not know latest if CO gives full face value off any fare published on co.com.

TravelerJim
Old Apr 12, 2005, 7:17 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Look at the FT CC Forum (Coupon Connection) for current coupons

Travelerjim,

Have you had an opportunity to visit the FT Coupon connection forum?

Free coupons are regularly posted and available for FT members.

RC
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
Travelerjim,

Have you had an opportunity to visit the FT Coupon connection forum?

Free coupons are regularly posted and available for FT members.

RC
Dumb question I'm sure - Where is the "Coupon Connection" Forum. I click on forums and don't see it listed. Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by abezebabe
When they're given out, they're sometimes given out to a whole 747 full of people. If you ask nicely, people will sometimes trade their $-off cert for your airport food voucher. Others will just give you the $-off coupon if they don't plan on flying NW in the near future. And some FTers have been known to scour the trashcans near the gates of delayed flights for discarded $-off coupons. So it's possible to get several at once.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:56 am

Aren't they also given out thru WorldPerks Visa statement inserts?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:48 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
ValuPack

Here in Northern VA, I get one about every two weeks or month in the "ValuPack" coupon mailing (bulk/junk mail like 50 coupons from local businesses in a blue envelope). I throw everything else that comes in it away except for my $5 off oil change coupon.

You can sign up for the "junk" mail at www.valupack.com. No idea what coupons will come in any area other than northern VA.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by yogimax
Dumb question I'm sure - Where is the "Coupon Connection" Forum. I click on forums and don't see it listed. Thanks
I think Coupon Connection is invisible until you have 100 posts on FT. So not such a dumb question.

As for the ValPak and WP Visa coupons, those usually aren't $-off coupons. The $-off coupons are usually only available from service recovery packs as noted in DJMeatBall's post. The "zone" coupons are usually the ones that come in ValPaks. Folks who have stacks of those usually live in big apartment buildings where people throw away their ValPaks in the mailroom.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Well, I got a total of 5 on my last delayed/bump trip. I just ask for one each time talk to an agent, or at the WC. I also bought one for $10. (3 100 coupons, 2 50 dollar ones). Each with 2000 miles coupons as well. I got the last one on the airplane since the FA shot champagne all over, and doused my leg a bit. I didn't even ask for that one.

So are you saying this is something that should be offered (or asked for if not offered) when a bump occurs (voluntary or involuntary) in addition to the $xxx travel voucher, food vouchers? I just volunteered to be bumped and got everything but the $off coupons.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
On a recent DTW-layover, a rather longer than normal connection, I scored two of these valuable little gems. The flight three gates down was on a mechanical. When it finally left I found two left-behind service recover packs. YAY for me!! k so I initially felt like a remora clinging to the side of a shark, waiting for the leftovers. I got over it quickly though.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by themicah
I think Coupon Connection is invisible until you have 100 posts on FT. So not such a dumb question.

As for the ValPak and WP Visa coupons, those usually aren't $-off coupons. The $-off coupons are usually only available from service recovery packs as noted in DJMeatBall's post. The "zone" coupons are usually the ones that come in ValPaks. Folks who have stacks of those usually live in big apartment buildings where people throw away their ValPaks in the mailroom.
I'm thanking you not only to thank you but to get to post 89 of 100!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.