Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Bogota, Colombia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Bogota, Colombia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2005, 4:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Arrow Sheraton Bogota, Colombia [Master Thread]

Any recent updates on this hotel? I have a Jr. Suite reserved there for late July.
BTW what's considered the "best" hotel in Bogota?
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 4:41 am

Not stayed at the Four Points in Bogota but stayed at the Four Points in Cali in January which was OK.

When in Bogota I stay at the Hotel Porton Bogota which is a small hotel located in upmarket area of Bogota. Nice and peaceful, nice decor & personal service.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by AAEXP
Any recent updates on this hotel? I have a Jr. Suite reserved there for late July.
BTW what's considered the "best" hotel in Bogota?
Thanks in advance.

Bogota is missing "great" hotels (IMO) but the Intercontinental is a possible nominee. Depending on where your business is, I can suggest some small luxury hotels if you're into that.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Recent stays? I'm particularly interested in the fitness center,
Stayed there in August, just before returning home. Did not check out the fitness room, but the food was a nice break from the standard comida corriente.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by ldsant
Only if they have the Andes/other high mountain that stretches your lung capacity!
I think I misinterpreted your comment. I'd thought you were referring to the safety situation in Colombia - something everyone (everyone sho knows mothing about the current situation in Colombia) is warning me about. I do recall exercising in LaPaz and various other spots in the Andes. Since my ground travel during vacations is always by bicycle, I can definitely relate!
Old Sep 18, 2007, 7:13 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I think I misinterpreted your comment. I'd thought you were referring to the safety situation in Colombia - something everyone (everyone sho knows mothing about the current situation in Colombia) is warning me about. I do recall exercising in LaPaz and various other spots in the Andes. Since my ground travel during vacations is always by bicycle, I can definitely relate!
Ahh. .. sorry - didn't even think about the safety thing!
When I was there I felt VERY safe - there are police with machine guns EVERYWHERE! As long as you don't stay up in the hills after dusk it's fine. Honestly, I found Colombia to be one of the most interesting places I've visited. Enjoy!
Old Oct 2, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Recent stays? I'm particularly interested in the fitness center,
When are you going? I plan on being there around Thanksgiving time. If you go before, a trip report would certainly be appreciated. In particular, local attractions, free Internet, upgrades, etc. Thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2007, 3:05 pm

The Intercontinental is a horrible hotel. The walls are super thin and you can hear what the rooms half-way down the hall are doing. The beds are hard and I don't believe the rooms have been updated since the early 60's. As of last summer, no internet connection of WiFi in the rooms. On the flip side the restaurant is pretty good. I have spent a few too many nights in that property and I hate it. The Sheraton is much, much nicer
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by boazs
FWIW, you get 5 free minutes when using the PCs at their business center.
At the Four Points in MDE, also owned/operated by Colombian hotel chain GHL Hoteles (as are the CLO, UIO and GYE Four Points but I digress) the 5 free minutes policy in the business center was never enforced. The friendly staff there seemed more than happy to let you use the business center PCs for free to your heart's content.

Forgive taking this OT but since the OP asked about the "best" hotel in Bogota I'll chime in and say that the Sofitel Victoria Regia has received excellent reviews. Might be better served giving up SPG points in this town and checking out the Sofitel.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any recent updates on the Sheraton Bogota? Do they have a club lounge? Location to cultural sites or shopping areas?
Old Apr 19, 2008, 12:53 pm

My God you get around - but what is this obsession with club lounges?

Glad you got to see Corcovado

The Four Points Bogota is near the airport and that's about all it is near to.

Some people don't like staying in the city centre where the Crowne Plaza is located but I quite like it. You are close to the Gold Museum, the Botero Museum which you should not miss and the historic quarter ,Candelaria.

Most people stay more to the city's north, around Calle 93 I think. That's where the good restaurants/bars are.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 4:26 pm

I was there in November. Yes, there is an (unstaffed) lounge. A wide variety of hot food in the mornings, and just a few light things after that (fruit, cookies). I consider it to be - if not in the heart of Bogota - still "central". I walked to the heart of town several times, and there is a huge mall and many shops nearby.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:28 am

Is the Sheraton Bogota are former 4 Points?

I see threads on a 4 Points Bogota but the only Starwood property I see is the Sheraton Bogota.

Is this the former 4 Points or a new hotel?

If the same, what did they do to the hotel?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: SQ PPS UA 1K MM
Sheraton is the former four points.. Haven't stayed since the change.. I prefer downtown, as the Sheraton is near the airport.. the four points was a decent hotel though in my opinion
Old Jun 9, 2008, 5:11 pm

If we will be in Cartagena and arriving around 6pm and leaving at 9am, is there any reason to go into downtown Bogota?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.