Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2000, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton Safari in Orlando? Which properties would you recommend in Orlando?

Thanks
YH
Old Sep 12, 2000, 6:06 pm

I'm a big fan of the Sheraton World Resort. They just opened a brand new tower with two floors of club rooms. It has a central location and best of all it only requires 4,000 points per night!
Old Sep 12, 2000, 6:27 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Are you going on biz or pleasure? Kids? I've stayed at almost all the Orlando/kisimee properties and can help. However the kids thing makes a hugh difference.
Old Sep 12, 2000, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes I have stayed at the Sheraton Safari. What info are you looking for? Are you staying on an award or looking to pay? Budget, Mid Level or Luxury? Kids or no kids? Planing on just doing Disney, or Disney and Univeral and/or Seaworld too?

Thousands of hotels in the area. Like cigarman I've think in the past 29 years and hundreds of trips to Orlando, I must have stayed at close to a hundred different hotels in the area. Being more specific on your needs will help us offer you advise.
Old Sep 13, 2000, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Sorry I was not specific enough. Just me and my girlfriend going for New Years. Looking for a good deal between luxury and price. Want points if possible. Wantto be close to Disney since that is where most of our time will be spent.

Thanks in advance for all of the help.
YH
Old Sep 13, 2000, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Some additional info... the Sheraton Safari is quoting me 149 a night, the Marriott World Resort is 162 a night (+ stupid resort fee). I am Marriott Silver, AMEX GOLD and Starwood Gold. My girlfriend and I usually stay at either Marriott or Starwood properties. I am very open to other suggestions though. We are planning to spend one day at Epcot, one day at Animal Kingdom and One Day at Universal. New years eve will spent at Pleasure Island.

Thanks Again
YH
Old Sep 13, 2000, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yhari, thanks for the additional info. The Sheraton Safari should be fine for you and I think it would be the best Sheraton location for what you are doing. It's just outside the entrance to the Disney Marketplace area which makes it very convenient to Disney's West End and Pleasure Island. Plenty of restaurants, fast food, and Goodings grocery store within walking distance. It's in a very "busy" area.

The Sheraton Safari is not a luxury hotel, but it is very nice and has a nice theme pool and such. The Marriott World hotel is a nicer property overall, IMHO, but it is a bit further away and is a HUGE property, with a great fantasy pool area. It's more a "convention" hotel, so there would be a possibility of there being fewer kids there vs. the Sheraton, if that makes any difference to you. Just depends on the guest mix when you are there.

Another option would be the Walt Disney World Dolphin, which is a Sheraton, or the Walt Disney World Swan, which is a Westin, and both are located right on Disney property next to Epcot, but the rates there for New Year's are probably out-of-sight. But you might check it out.

FYI, if you did not already know this: Pleasure Island on New Year's is a special "Hard Ticket Event." That means your normal Pleasure Island or Multi-Day Park Hopper ticket would not be valid there that night. It's a special party that includes drinks, food, name bands, special fireworks etc. and tickets are usually well over $100 per person. It's really fun and they historically sell-out well in advance so be sure to order tickets as soon as they go on sale via (407) W-DISNEY. Epcot would be a good alternate if you like fireworks and your regular admission would get you in. They bring out the "World War Three" barge (used only on July 4th and New Year's Eve) on the lake and also add launch stations behind each Epcot pavilion, making for quite a show that completely surrounds you. During the grand finale you will be ducking for cover!

If you do decide to do Epcot instead of Pleasure Island, remember that many of the parks reach capacity by mid-day on New Years Eve day, so be sure to hit at least one of them early and get your hand stamped so you will be readmitted and not left standing out in the cold.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post or email them to me and I will be glad to help.

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 09-13-2000).]
Old Sep 13, 2000, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Yog - welcome to FT!

Muj
Old Sep 13, 2000, 5:48 pm

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Since it wasn't the kid question... YEA, What premex said!
Old Sep 14, 2000, 2:23 pm

Yhari,

I just stayed at the Safari Sheraton last weekend. Nice location, near plenty of eateries, and not to far from the Disney parks. Got the stay for $30 a night on Priceline. I am also a gold Starwood member and got upgraded to a suite. Balcony, seperate living room, with sink, large tv, refrigerator etc. The only complaint was the jacuzzi was a little too warm! Enjoy!

------------------
RoadRash
Old Sep 15, 2000, 7:13 am
Original Poster

RoadRash,

Could you explain your bidding process to get such a low rate. What class of hotel/area of town did you select?
Thanks
YH

Originally posted by RoadRash:
Yhari,

I just stayed at the Safari Sheraton last weekend. Nice location, near plenty of eateries, and not to far from the Disney parks. Got the stay for $30 a night on Priceline. I am also a gold Starwood member and got upgraded to a suite. Balcony, seperate living room, with sink, large tv, refrigerator etc. The only complaint was the jacuzzi was a little too warm! Enjoy!

Old Sep 15, 2000, 8:24 am

I picked 4* hotel at $30 in the Disney World Vicinity and was rejected. I resubmitted at 3* and got the Safari Sheraton. Maybe you can get a lower rate?

If you have AMEX use this link. It adds an extra $20 to your bid free : http://www.priceline.com/hotels/itin...?free=amexsave

If not, this one is good for $15 on up to four nights: http://www.priceline.com/hotels/itin...?free=hoteltry

Or this one is good for $10 on up to ten nights: http://www.priceline.com/hotels/itinerary.asp?free=hra

Good Luck.

Originally posted by yhari:
RoadRash,

Could you explain your bidding process to get such a low rate. What class of hotel/area of town did you select?
Thanks
YH

------------------
RoadRash
Old Sep 17, 2003, 9:51 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Sheraton Safari Orlando [Master Thread]

$49 -- Orlando Sheraton "Safari" Hotel at over 50% OFF

http://www.travelzoo.com/Top20.asp?id=101113287

You can also upgrade to a junior suite, priced at just $99 (regularly $149). Suites sleep six at no extra charge and have a bedroom, sitting room with sofa bed and a kitchenette. Both rooms and suites have either patio or balcony and high-speed Internet access.

TO BOOK:

www.Sheraton.com. Enter dates.

Click "Continue," then scroll down to see the $49 room rate and the $99 suite rate.

By phone: Call Sheraton at 1-800-423-3297.
You must mention rate code JUNGLE.

Note: To find this special pricing, you must book by September 24.

Old Sep 17, 2003, 10:06 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
TO BOOK: www.Sheraton.com. Enter dates.

Click "Continue," then scroll down to see the $49 room rate and the $99 suite rate.

By phone: Call Sheraton at 1-800-423-3297.
You must mention rate code JUNGLE.
</font>
sheraton.com understands the promotion code "Jungle?"
Old Sep 17, 2003, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. The ad (or email if you are a Safari subscriber) says to just scroll down to the rate...

or

Call the number and mention "Jungle".

You don't have to use Jungle on the web site.

BTW, that 800 number is the Safari's own 800 number, not Sheraton Central Res.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.