They are the best I have ever seen .

here is one sample
http://www.elal.co.il/default.asp?V_...03&V_LANG_ID=2

Lior
Old May 7, 2005, 11:44 am

Wow. Cool!

And the English version:

http://www.elal.co.il/default.asp?V_...03&V_LANG_ID=0

But this only seems to be available for the 737-700. I can't find it for any of the other birds. Anybody else?
Old May 7, 2005, 5:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Thats so funny that this has just been mentioned. On my way back from TLV the other day one of the ladies in the KD Lounge was telling me that the seatmaps would be availible online in the coming months (i was basically asking for the new flight timetable booklet) and that you'll be able to select your seat in the online booking section.

And now i've just logged in after the sabbath and here we are, the start of the online seatmaps.

Good spot!
Old May 8, 2005, 12:32 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Unfortunately, and like some other items on the EL AL website, it only works in Internet Explorer. There seem to be less and less sites like that nowadays, but EL AL have never been exactly at the forefront of technology ...
Old May 8, 2005, 12:38 am

Programs: Formerly: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, FT Addicts Anonymous; Currently: Grounded
These are very nice seat maps, not too glitchy at all for me (Safari on a Mac).
Old May 8, 2005, 2:02 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I agree they are very nice, but they do not work properly on Firefox - neither on WIndows XP nor on Linux. They display OK, but clicking on the seats does not give the info that it does under Internet Explorer. This almost certainly means that they are using non-standard HTML, which is rather short-sighted, as Firefox has a rapidly growing share of the browser market now.
Old May 8, 2005, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Looks like Jet2K will have a field day when the seatmaps are finished. The details it gives for each seat is quite impressive. Seat width / pitch / exact window placement / blocked for FQTV members or not. Looks good.
Old May 8, 2005, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
I agree they are very nice, but they do not work properly on Firefox - neither on WIndows XP nor on Linux. They display OK, but clicking on the seats does not give the info that it does under Internet Explorer. This almost certainly means that they are using non-standard HTML, which is rather short-sighted, as Firefox has a rapidly growing share of the browser market now.
This seems to be the case with a huge number of Israeli websites (elal.co.il, israirairlines.com, ben-gurion-airport.co.il, mfa.gov.il, etc.). Just a hunch, but perhaps MS is the only company making localized tools for Hebrew speaking webmasters?
Old May 8, 2005, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
Moremaps

Here are some more seat maps.
They are not on the official website

http://www.elal.co.il/default.asp?V_...90&V_LANG_ID=2

Lior
Old May 9, 2005, 10:59 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
The seatmaps definitely look very good. I have updated the SeatExpert LY 744 2-class with some information such as window locations and other pertinent information: http://seatexpert.com/_LY_744_2_class.html

I was not able to find the upper deck layout, perhaps I was just not looking at the right page?

Also, would someone be kind enough to translate the Hebrew legends into English? I would like to include the information on my seatmaps. Please see http://seatexpert.com/LY/LY%20legends.gif

By the way, SeatExpert.com should work correctly with IE, Netscape, FireFox and Opera browsers.

Originally Posted by jonnye
Looks like Jet2K will have a field day when the seatmaps are finished. The details it gives for each seat is quite impressive. Seat width / pitch / exact window placement / blocked for FQTV members or not. Looks good.
Old May 9, 2005, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jet2K
I was not able to find the upper deck layout, perhaps I was just not looking at the right page?

Also, would someone be kind enough to translate the Hebrew legends into English? I would like to include the information on my seatmaps. Please see http://seatexpert.com/LY/LY%20legends.gif
The upperdeck location is available by clicking on the staircase of the seatmap (quite a clever idea)

The translation of Legends from Left to Right are as follows (747-400):
Top Row:
1- TV Screen, 2- Projection Screen, 3- Basinet Location, 4- Emergency Exit, 5- Restricted Seat, 6- Wheel Chair Location, 7- First Row(s) 8-13 Seat Pitches, 14- Closet, 15- Toilets, 16- Galley.
Bottom Row:
1- (n/a), 2- Handicap Toilets / Restrooms, 3- Shelf, 4- Limited Space (Restricted Seats), 5- Child Seat?, 6- Unaccompanied Minors, 7- Guide Dogs Location, 8- Saved Seats (Crew/Security/Etc.) 9- VIP (PL/GL/SL/KD Members*), 10- Matmid Basic+ Pre Bookable Seats

NB:* = Frequent Traveller Level PL(Platinum) GL(Gold) SL(Silver) KD(King David)

Hope this helps, or for any Natives out there any corrections would be appreciated!!!

Last edited by jonnye; May 7, 2006 at 1:55 am Reason: UPDATED
Old May 10, 2005, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH

I didn't find the ELAL 777 seat maps yet....
In any case, I seat there only on row 2 or row 10 on the sides.
I don't like the seats on this business class.
The 747 seats are much better.

the best seats in 777 are in Continental Business First...

Lior
Old May 10, 2005, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by LiorM
I didn't find the ELAL 777 seat maps yet....
I don't like the seats on this business class.
The 747 seats are much better.
Lior
I find that surprising, as my own opinion is quite the opposite. I find EL AL's 777 seats well shaped, and adjustable in almost every conceivable way (in fact, I find them better for sitting in (as opposed to sleeping in) than their first class offering). I find the 747 seats badly shaped, and getting old and worn out.
Old May 10, 2005, 2:01 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I agree with Lior. The 777 biz seats SUCK. The 744's are significantly wider. True the 777's are motorized, but the 744's are much wider and lean back farther.

I think I read somwhere that LY plans on replacing all the biz seats with a "fully flat" product.
Old May 10, 2005, 4:50 pm

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Thank you for the translations jonnye ^

For those looking for the El Al 777 seatmap, here is the SeatExpert version of the 3-class configuration.

Please visit SeatExpert.com International Airline seatmaps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.