List of AA's Premium Security Checkpoints

Old May 17, 2005, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium

There is a mention of "premium" security checkpoints on AA.com but no list like Delta's website shows. Can anyone provide the most recent listing of AA's premium security checkpoints? Thanks!

MODERATOR NOTE

The list of elite security queues is maintained in the FlyerGuide AA Wiki on this page. Please feel free to update
the Wiki if you learn of a change, addition or deletion to American Airlines elite security queues.

Last edited by JDiver; May 28, 2011 at 8:39 am Reason: add moderator note
Old May 17, 2005, 9:11 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
They used to have a list. It was mostly accurate, but was very wrong about MIA, for example. I complained a lot about the inaccuracy of the list, hoping they'd fix it. Right when they said they'd take care of it, it went away- their solution. I may not have been responsible, but Jewish/Roman Catholic guilt (oy, I know) makes me think so .

The upshot is that there is no such list on the site. Perhaps someone here has one, though.

Cheers.
Old May 17, 2005, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I was shocked to see that DL lists 29 airports with frequent traveler security lines. At least they don't try to trick the passenger into thinking there's anything "premium" about security checkpoints.
Old May 17, 2005, 10:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Compendium of AA elite security lanes submitted as of May 29

Here is a compendium of what we have posted to date, with no credit I dont have enough time to do the whole enchilada with credits. Updated May 24, 2005; keep them coming...

Please feel free to update, correct, etc. and I will add / review mid-June (please do not PM me - Im off on a trip, of course!) If one with Moderator powers wishes to reorganize the posts and make a sticky, so be it. Otherwise, it will be searchable by the term elite line

ATL yes, no details

BOS - main concourse, Terminal B. Used it last Sunday and Eagle flights that go out of the main terminal (as opposed to the satellite terminal) have a separate security checkpoint that does not have a premium line. And that line can be very long in the morning

BWI - Concourse C, EXP, PLT not signed for Gold and First Class, of course, but tazi says s/he has used it as a Gold and adds I've seen them open the elite line up for others on several occasions. Not at the entrance, but down at the end where the lanes "merge". When at this point, if they let the general line in, you haven't saved much time.

DAY NO elite lines, and hidden shoe carnival games they will ask you if youd like to remove your shoes, and if you dont they will send you to secondary.

DCA DCA does not have an elite line, but, DC-based elite members were invited to participate in the TSA's registered traveler program.

DEN yes, no detail

DFW yes, but knowing near what gates would be important - they do not have them at every entrance, and certainly not when one emerges from Immigration and Customs in A. I THINK the elite line is near A21, and the ones at A12 and A35 do not? If anyone posts corrections, I'll update this. So far, weve got The DFW Terminal A elite security line is indeed at the middle entry for Term A (I forget the exact gate number, but not the low-gate entry and not the high-gate entry, which is the one near international arrivals). I believe it's the same at Terminal C -- it's at the middle entry.

JFK separate "premium" queues in both T8 and T9. (Terminal 8 sometimes a mixed blessing since flight crews tend to push in front of everyone and slow the line a bit). T9 elite line was just to the left of the regular line, with a clearly marked sign. Separate ID checkers for each line.

LAX - it's not easy to find: Flyer23 says When you reach the (west) end of Terminal 4 (and the gap between Terminal 4 and TBIT), look inside the windows. You'll see the elite check-in area. From there, walk inside and start going back towards the general check-in area, looking for an elevator going up to the elite check-in line. There is usually a sign at the bottom indicating that it's only for elites and First/Business. TrishBOS adds bottom of the escalator standing next to a large floor stand with sign saying "first/business/elite" - it you are at the ticket counter, you only see the back of the sign (with no writing on it). LAX map.

LAS HAS BEEN First Class sensu stricto no elites, unless in FC. But MIKESILV posts May 24: "Was told by CSR that since yesterday Plats and Exps can again use the security line (no mention of golds) they had recently been restricting to F only. Went through the F line, showed my Plat card and no problems."

LHR - second floor, for "fast pass" - J and F only, iirc, not elites in Economy. Premium does not mean "fast."

MEX - should be MESS, no elite queues here.

MIA- Concourse B, signed but often closed. MIA-SAT says "the better solution seems to be to walk past security between the E and the A terminals, usually one line is fairly short. Once you pass security, these terminals are interconnected. Just remember that the presence of a sign does not mean that you can actually get in an elite boarding line. FlyAO2 says "C gates checkin is usually pretty empty as there are very few C gates. (and as someone already said, A-E gates are connected)"

MSP - Premium line by the AA counter seems to be open every time I have been thru there.. even at 5am on a Saturday morning.

ORD IluvParis says It used to be between G and H and is now between K and L. People don't seem to be aware of this security checkpoint, let alone the premium lane, as this checkpoint is not busy at all compared to the one between G and H. Flyer123 says "checkpoint between K and L appears to be reserved entirely for elites and first/business... The premium security checkpoint is also conveniently located to the premium check-in counters. ORD T3 map.

ORF yes, no details

PDX yes, it is well posted, with three entries to the separate queues, crew and airport personnel, elites and everyone else. Some have used WN Rapid Rewards cards here even.

PHL PHL there was an Elite/First line shared with other carriers.

PHX yes, no details

PIT has a preferred line open to any airline elite (including AA).

RDU "Security Checkpoint #8" is the elite line for all of these travellers: Gold/Plat/EP/First/Business. Flyer1965 and ILuvParis updated.

SAN - does too.

SFO - the security entry has changed, now allowing one entry to AA or UA; the LEFT queue entry is elite, and may or not be open, depending on personnel, and passenger traffic. SSSS will be injected into the elite line, as well as crew, ahead of you.

SJC At entry to security queue, marked First Class, but has been used successfully by Plats and EXP.

SEA - elite line that seems to be there most of the time. One FTer thinks they have dropped the "Platinum/EXP only" requirement, although I don't know if that was ever enforced.

SJU - the entrance directly to the left of the ticketing counters.

SMF - forget it. The queue can run down the escalator into the terminal area. Upstairs it splits into tow lines, neither with elite provisions. It appears to me the right ASMD is set "tighter" than the left, though others will say that's ridiculous because they calibrate regularly, etc. etc.

STL - checkpoint for CD gates, lane 6 (rightmost lane) is for premium pax.

Originally Posted by JDiver
Id actually volunteer to put a sticky together, but... I am leaving on a business trip, followed by a longer leisure trip.

But, that won't stop me from offering a suggestion: if we want this to be a sticky, IMO its value would be greatly enhanced by posting some relevant information about elite security queue location(s), hours open and possibly other conditions relevant to travelers.

E.g. DFW A: near Gate 17.
or SFO: Left entry to checkpoint, not open when low passenger traffic.

as opposed to merely: ZZX or ORD with no other information. As one poster indicates above, s/he was in a lengthy queue at ORD, and did not feel s/he should risk searching for an elite queue - though as I recall, there IS one, and it is not necessarily where one would think of

Last edited by JDiver; May 29, 2005 at 11:36 am Reason: list condensed information posted on four pages so far
Old May 17, 2005, 11:11 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
I know we do not want dribs and drabs of responses.. someone would have to compile them.

I totally agree that the Premium Lines are subjective to time and day of week. This is especially true in DFW.

Anyhow, MSP Premium line by the AA counter seems to be open every time I have been thru there.. even at 5am on a Saturday morning.
Old May 17, 2005, 11:59 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
BWI - Concourse C
MIA- Concourse B
DEN

These are the only ones I am sure of.
Old May 17, 2005, 12:21 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
This weekend at JFK domestic the sorting of premiums v. others occured after ticket/ID check; short xray/metal line for elites and front cabin, all others to the right. Long lines behind the checker, rapid passage after that.

SEA has an elite line that seems to be there most of the time.
Old May 17, 2005, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
BOS, main concourse, Terminal B. Used it last Sunday.
Old May 17, 2005, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
I have always found an elite line at SJC and SFO, although at SFO the elite line may be closed if there are relatively few people clearing security at a given time.
Old May 17, 2005, 3:58 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Dfw-a
Dfw-c
Phx
Old May 17, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT, USAir Gold
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
BOS, main concourse, Terminal B. Used it last Sunday.
However, the Eagle flights that go out of the main terminal (as opposed to the satellite terminal) have a separate security checkpoint that does not have a premium line. And that line can be very long in the morning...
Old May 17, 2005, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Originally Posted by Gardyloo

SEA has an elite line that seems to be there most of the time.
Yep, and I think they have dropped the "Platinum/EXP only" requirement, although I don't know if that was ever enforced.
Old May 17, 2005, 4:48 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
DFW certainly has elite queues, but knowing near what gates would be important - they do not have them at every entrance, and certainly not when one emerges from Immigration and Customs in A. I THINK the elite line is near A21, and the ones at A12 and A35 do not? If anyone posts corrections, I'll update this.

LAX - it's not easy to find, you have to go upstaiurs and wind to your LEFT, find the line, and then it ultimately merges with the regular line.

MEX - should be MESS, no elite queues here.

SFO - there are two entries, reasonably well marked, to the AA finger pier. The LEFT one is elite, and may or not be open, depending on personnel, and passenger traffic,

SMF - forget it. The queue can run down the escalator into the terminal area. Upstairs it splits into tow lines, neither with elite provisions. It appears to me the right ASMD is set "tighter" than the left, though others will say that's ridiculous because they calibrate regularly, etc. etc.
Old May 17, 2005, 4:57 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by SeAAttle
Yep, and I think they have dropped the "Platinum/EXP only" requirement, although I don't know if that was ever enforced.
They asked for BPs and plastic on Friday.
Old May 17, 2005, 5:17 pm

Add PDX, ATL and RDU to the list.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.