Wiki Posts
Search

Nice JFK Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2005, 2:50 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Nice JFK Hotel

I have a 6:45AM flight out of JFK and don't really want to get up terribly early to make the flight. Will be staying in the city for the preceeding week. Any suggestions for a nice hotel to overnight?
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by prncess674
I have a 6:45AM flight out of JFK and don't really want to get up terribly early to make the flight. Will be staying in the city for the preceeding week. Any suggestions for a nice hotel to overnight?
Nice and JFK hotels don't go together well in the same sentence. Have you considered staying in a hotel in Manhattan that is close to one of the tunnels or bridges leading to Brooklyn/Queens and just taking car service over at 5.00 to 5.15 a.m.? If you have only carry-on luggage and do online check-in for a domestic flight, you should have no problem making your flight. [Of course if the flight is international, then that's not an option.]

I believe the Ramada Plaza JFK is technically the closest hotel to the airport.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 1, 2005 at 5:00 pm
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:18 pm
Original Member

I stayed at the Doubletree JFK overnight and it was fine. Nothing fancy and the shuttle picked me up in 10 minutes from Federal Circle...
Old Jun 2, 2005, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Nice and JFK hotels don't go together well in the same sentence.
My thoughts exactly! Talk about an oxymoron.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 4:39 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Well seeing as the hotel options are pretty bad I am just going to stay in Manhattan. I am in the city for work the week prior to and after my JFK-BKK jaunt. The airport options don't seem all that attractive once you factor in waiting on the hotel shuttle which will inevitibly drop me off last since I am flying out of T7 on UA. My assistant has arranged car service from the city to JFK. Traffic should be a breeze at 5am! I usually subway it to JFK since I am usually leaving at rush hour and traffic never seems to move when I have a flight.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by prncess674
Well seeing as the hotel options are pretty bad I am just going to stay in Manhattan. I am in the city for work the week prior to and after my JFK-BKK jaunt. The airport options don't seem all that attractive once you factor in waiting on the hotel shuttle which will inevitibly drop me off last since I am flying out of T7 on UA. My assistant has arranged car service from the city to JFK. Traffic should be a breeze at 5am! I usually subway it to JFK since I am usually leaving at rush hour and traffic never seems to move when I have a flight.
Sounds like you have it all planned out. Have a nice trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.