Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Restaurants/To Do in Calgary

Old Jun 8, 2005, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium

I will be in Calgary next week for the first time. Any recommendations for restaurants or things to see? Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2005, 7:47 am
At Large

If you have time and a rental car I would suggest an early evening drive to the west say Bragg Creek or even Canmore and if you have losts of time Banff. The Rockies are majestic and at this time of year the sun does not set until close to 10PM there.

I've been to Calagary dozens of times in my life and while it is not a gastronomical town but there are several fairly decent restaurants around.

There is a big oil conference and show there next week as well which is maybe why you are going there.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:55 pm

Love to canoe around Lake Louise.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 8:42 pm

Programs: NW World Perks (Silver) 250K, Delta SkyMiles 50K, USAir Dividend Miles 40K
Originally Posted by michele123
Love to canoe around Lake Louise.
We did that once, it was fantastic!! We are traveling to the US Northwest and Western Canada this summer, hope to canoe in Lake Louise again, and kayak in the Puget Sound in WA or BC (or kayak in Banff?)

I agree about Banff, it is amazing. Jasper is supposed to be nice also, haven't been, though hope to this summer.

One thing I recall about Banff: A museum with many stuffed mammals, and a collection of stuffed bird "mounts" greater than any I have ever seen . Does anyone know which museum this was. Natural History Museum? Don't want to miss this if it is still there!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.