Wiki Posts
Search

NW coupons

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2005, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW WP
NW coupons

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I don't think I have access to the coupons/freebies/discount thread.

How can I obtain one of the $100 off NW coupon...aside from buying one from ebay? How does NW distribute them?

Thank you!
Old Jun 14, 2005, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL GM
I regularly get them in the mail in West Los Angeles, as part of a bulk-mailing coupon/flyer envelope full of promos for dry cleaners, limos, maid services, check printing, etc.

If I had some currently, I'd give them to you, but I didn't find any in my stack of coupons.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the fact that you would offer it if you had one.

Originally Posted by MJLogan
I regularly get them in the mail in West Los Angeles, as part of a bulk-mailing coupon/flyer envelope full of promos for dry cleaners, limos, maid services, check printing, etc.

If I had some currently, I'd give them to you, but I didn't find any in my stack of coupons.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:13 pm

You don't have access to the coupon forum because you either a) haven't been a member long enough and/or b) you haven't made enough posts on FT.

This is to prevent people from just joining FT and trying to get coupons and discounts without contributing to the FT community. Please adhere to the guidelines of FT and don't try to cirumvent things.

I don't mean to be out of line, but it's the way I interpret things around here at FT. We really don't like OT/tangent threads.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by neluvr
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I don't think I have access to the coupons/freebies/discount thread.

How can I obtain one of the $100 off NW coupon...aside from buying one from ebay? How does NW distribute them?

Thank you!
This question has been asked and answered frequently. You may want to read back a month or two, or do a search before you enter a question in. It seems that many people are phishing for coupons because they can't enter the Coupon Connection.

I have one or two of them left, but you'd have to offer me more than they sell them for on eBay to rip them out of my hands. I use them up almost as quick as I get them.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by MJLogan

I don't think so. You do NOT get them in the mail with Val-Pak coupons. You are talking about Zone Certs (which they don't have for the summer), and the OP was referring to the $25/$50/$75/$100 PD certs, which are given out on International delays and such.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:20 pm

Location: NWA Platinum, PC Platinum, HH Gold, Radisson elite, Hertz #1 Gold; National Emerald, Wausau, WI
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
You don't have access to the coupon forum because you either a) haven't been a member long enough and/or b) you haven't made enough posts on FT.

This is to prevent people from just joining FT and trying to get coupons and discounts without contributing to the FT community. Please adhere to the guidelines of FT and don't try to cirumvent things.

I don't mean to be out of line, but it's the way I interpret things around here at FT. We really don't like OT/tangent threads.

I agree totally. On another message board I visit, there are regularly people who post exclusively to look for these coupons and offer no other participation. While I have no proof, it's my belief that a share of these are used for subsequent sale on ebay.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I don't think so. You do NOT get them in the mail with Val-Pak coupons. You are talking about Zone Certs (which they don't have for the summer), and the OP was referring to the $25/$50/$75/$100 PD certs, which are given out on International delays and such.
Sorry--you're right. I guess I don't think of PD certs as "coupons," so I assumed the OP meant the zone certs. Now I get why several people have been harsh about the post...and I must admit that I probably wouldn't send a PD cert to a perfect stranger just to be nice...
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

I apologize. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I understand regulars may sometimes be leary of newbies, but my question was perfectly innocent. The reason I stated that I couldn't see the coupon section was to avoid answers like, "You posted in the wrong thread. Go to the coupon section."

A request if I may...please keep in mind that everyone was new here at some point. Some posts could be interpreted as being a snub because someone new doesn't yet know all the rules (spoken and unspoken) right off the bat. And...I by no means expect "freebies" from anyone. I came here to get educated and to participate.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:28 pm

You can find more information from this thread. PD925 discussed there is essentially the same as the PD964/PD886 except for different expiration date. There are a number of other ones (PD924, etc.) that give less discount. The thread below tells it all.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420383

This forum perhaps needs a sticky FAQ.

Last edited by timrick; Jun 14, 2005 at 10:51 pm
Old Jun 14, 2005, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by timrick
You can find more information from this thread. PD925 discussed there is essentially the same as the PD964 mentioned by Standby4321 except for different expiration date. There are a number of other ones as well PD924, PD886, etc. The thread below tells it all.

This forum perhaps need a sticky FAQ.
Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by timrick
You can find more information from this thread. PD925 discussed there is essentially the same as the PD964/PD886 except for different expiration date. There are a number of other ones (PD924, etc.) that give less discount. The thread below tells it all.

This forum perhaps needs a sticky FAQ.
Thanks, that thread is helpful.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 3:42 pm

other message boards?

Originally Posted by Standby4321

I agree totally. On another message board I visit, there are regularly people who post exclusively to look for these coupons and offer no other participation. While I have no proof, it's my belief that a share of these are used for subsequent sale on ebay.
May I ask what other message boards you and others find helpful? This is cited as the largest one, are there any others that are almost as good?
Old Jul 14, 2005, 5:20 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by neluvr
I apologize. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I understand regulars may sometimes be leary of newbies, but my question was perfectly innocent. The reason I stated that I couldn't see the coupon section was to avoid answers like, "You posted in the wrong thread. Go to the coupon section."

A request if I may...please keep in mind that everyone was new here at some point. Some posts could be interpreted as being a snub because someone new doesn't yet know all the rules (spoken and unspoken) right off the bat. And...I by no means expect "freebies" from anyone. I came here to get educated and to participate.
No offense taken. Welcome to the board.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 7:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Coupon Mailings

I get coupons every month in a bulk mailing with restaurant and service provider coupons. Also NWA mails them out periodically as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.