Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Transfer of American AAdvantage Miles to Hilton Honors Points: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer of American AAdvantage Miles to Hilton Honors Points: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 1999, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Starting June 1st, you can transfer AA miles to Hilton. For details, see my post under the buzz.
Old May 19, 1999, 12:43 pm

AA to HHonors

I just recently read of American Airline's new partnership with Hilton. I've got some stray American Miles left over that will expire at the end of the year left over. I don't plan on flying American any time soon since I no longer live in Texas.

Any idea what the American mile conversion would tranlate into HHonors points?

------------------
g'day
wl

Old May 19, 1999, 12:45 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I believe that they will run a promotion at first where one mile will be two points, then the normal rate will be one mile will be one point.
Old May 19, 1999, 12:54 pm

Great, so what's the best way to convert those points OUT of HHonors. I'd be able to use:

Delta, United, Northwest, BA, Cont, MR or DC Club Rewards

------------------
g'day
wl

Old May 19, 1999, 12:54 pm

Just a reminder Wanderlust - you can also combine your AA miles with USAirways miles to get an award. Depending upon your situation with USAirways, it might be a better 'value' for your miles then converting to Hilton Points.
Old May 19, 1999, 1:19 pm

Good to know. And I'd take "AAdvantage" of that opportunity if I could. US Airways, though, doesn't have a strong showing in Colorado, so the option is a less appealing one for me. Thanks!

------------------
g'day
wl

[This message has been edited by wanderlust (edited 05-19-99).]
Old May 19, 1999, 1:49 pm
BIM

Just got off the phone with AA - person I spoke with said that "at this time" there was no transfer of points available to HH. However, it is fair to note that she didn't sound convinced...
Old May 19, 1999, 2:21 pm

I just got off the phone with AAdvantage Customer Service and they confirmed that effective June 1, AAdvantage miles can be exchanged for Hilton HHonors points, at least initially at the rate of 5,000 miles to 10,000 points.
Old May 19, 1999, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

I posted information on this topic last month. See:

www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001141.html

Also, the double point promotion is covered by this month's InsideFlyer at:

www.webflyer.com/@flyer/domestic/may99/insideed.htm

[This message has been edited by dhacker (edited 05-19-99).]
Old Jul 21, 1999, 6:34 am
Original Member

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
American miles to HHilton

Seems like I recall a double points promo for transferring American miles to Honors. Is it still going on or have I missed the boat? Searched the HH site but couldn't find any mention of it.
Old Jul 21, 1999, 6:35 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I believe it runs to August 31 ...

When you request your award from AA it will only show a 1 mile = 1 point transfer, but the points will be doubled when Hilton posts the points.
Old Jul 21, 1999, 1:23 pm
Original Member

I recently took AAdvantage (hee hee) of this promotion. It look about a week from the time that the call was made to move the miles, to receive a certificate from American for the transfer. Once the certificate is received, you then need to forward it to Hilton for proper credit to your account. This promotion does run through August 31st.
Old Oct 1, 2000, 11:00 am

hilton advantage miles

I recently stayed in the hilton in laughlin nevada. this is a very competitve market. I booked room on hilton site for $17.i showed my advantage card at check-in.The miles were never posted.I called the hilton they told me american air does not give miles for rooms at less than $19.I could not figure out why american would care what price i paid.I emailed american who responded that they do not care what price i paid, as hilton pays them for the miles.i then emailed hilton.i have waited more than 1 week for answer.then i recieved an email from american who gave me 500 miles and an additional 500 for my trouble.i will not stay at the hilton again.i am very happy with the way american handled the situation
Old Oct 1, 2000, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Looks like Hilton will lose a valuable customer if you never show up again.

Why not give this a little thought before crying too much about them not giving you 500 miles on a $17.00 rate?

Most Hiltons in Nevada have a minimum rate that they will issue miles. It's best to ask when checking in. And if the miles mean so much to you, they'll charge the higher rate. It's a problem easily solved.
Old Apr 4, 2001, 7:50 am

Can you fax AA Miles -> HH Pts Certs

I received my Certificates from AA to convert Miles to points (yes I know their conversion stinks). In calling Hhonors to ask where to send it, she gave me their fax number.

Has anyone else had success in faxing certificates? or do they need to be physically mailed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.