Big Thanks to Delta Forum Members

Old May 9, 2004, 10:30 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Thank-you Delta FT.... your helpful hints got me my award ticket!

I have been reading this board for several years now. I have enjoyed it immensely. I wanted to thank everyone who has given me and other readers advice and hints on getting an award ticket. I have been literally working on mine for two years.... collecting miles and waiting for the 331 day window to open. Tonight ( or is it morning) I actually was able to book the flight from Sea-Jfk-Ath....B/E! Now I need to wait to get the return but I figure if I had to spend a few extra days in Greece... things could be worse. Thank you all........
Old May 10, 2004, 6:35 am

Programs: DL PM
Congrats!!!

Originally Posted by david4455
I have been reading this board for several years now. I have enjoyed it immensely. I wanted to thank everyone who has given me and other readers advice and hints on getting an award ticket. I have been literally working on mine for two years.... collecting miles and waiting for the 331 day window to open. Tonight ( or is it morning) I actually was able to book the flight from Sea-Jfk-Ath....B/E! Now I need to wait to get the return but I figure if I had to spend a few extra days in Greece... things could be worse. Thank you all........
Congrats on the Score!!! I just scored my dream trip and I wouldn't have been able to do it either without this forum! I hear people all the time trashing Delta (including me), but sometimes you got to love them when you get the big win!

Have fun on your trip and be careful!
Lisa Flyer
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:23 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, BAEC
Big Thanks to Delta Forum Members

As a long-time lurker but new poster, I want to thank all the forum members for their on-line advice. My previous award booking at Delta was something of a nightmare but I chalk that up to my inexperience. Reading the FAQ and various threads, I put all the advice (book early, be polite, be flexible, travel off-season) to good use and was able to book an F award on AF next March (MCO-ATL-JFK-CDG-ATL-MCO) in a grand total of 17 minutes from start to finish.

I will echo previous posts that the people at the partner award desk were wonderful and, with a little tweaking, I was able to get decent flights (no red-eyes). Looking forward to NTC on L'espace Premier. Also thanks to whomever posted the heads up on the 5k bonus for booking into Boston with Amex - am flying there this weekend out of MCO. Delta going up and Song on the return. Guess I'm getting both ends of the spectrum in the next few months
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk. No need to be so bashful in the future. That is what we are all here for...and maybe a little bit of humor along the way.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Brewgator, welcome to FT.

This (plus this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=3941 ) is what we are here for.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:34 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 1:48 pm
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Welcome to FT, brewgator. It sounds like you've got some great advice here which is one of the many nice things about this forum. I can't believe indufan, mikey1003, vinnmann and I all beat Cholula to the punch in welcoming you. He must be slipping.

Please keep posting and sharing your insights and opinions. ^

Last edited by atl runner; Jul 18, 2005 at 2:40 pm
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Delta forum in particular (or should that word be peculiar?), brewgator.

By all means, you are invited to join in all of the discussions in the Delta forum and perhaps have a little fun in addition to gaining valuable information. The valuable information is here for you and anyone else who wants it free of charge.

I would also like to personally and specifically thank you for using the sticky thread at the top of the Delta forum.

I look forward to your contributions to the Delta forum in the future. Dont be shy! We dont bite much...

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta forum
Old Jul 18, 2005, 2:37 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, BAEC
You guys (and gals) are an entertaining and friendly bunch - glad to contribute what I can.

Vinnmann - to answer your question:

Delta 317 (2/26/06) MCO-ATL (First)
Delta 1643 (2/26/06) ATL-JFK (First)
AF 011 (2/28/06) JFK-CDG (L-espace Premier)
AF 304 (3/7/06) CDG-ATL (L-espace Premier)
Delta 1690 (3/7/06) ATL-MCO (First)

I guess it was beginner's luck :-) There was seemingly zero availability one month in either direction out of JFK but I lucked out - had to book the return through ATL to make it work but that was fine w/me. I am one of those odd lot that actually don't mind Hartsfield.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Canarsie
The valuable information is here for you and anyone else who wants it free of charge.
Can I decide to charge for the information that I provide? I could use the extra cash. And before someone asks, no I don't take SkyMiles, I have enough of those.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
Can I decide to charge for the information that I provide? I could use the extra cash. And before someone asks, no I don't take SkyMiles, I have enough of those.
Sure you can - but you have to post your E&O insurance first.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
Sure you can - but you have to post your E&O insurance first.
Forgive me, I never got caught up in the abbreviation thing and I have no clue what E&O stands for.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:07 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Forgive me, I never got caught up in the abbreviation thing and I have no clue what E&O stands for.
Isnt that one of the four railroads in the game of Monopoly?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:09 pm

Sorry. Errors and Omissions - a form of professional liability insurance often held by consultants.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA
E&O stands for "Errors and Omissions". Common name for travel agent insurance policy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.