Celebrity spotting

Old Jul 19, 2005, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB-PFL / MH-G / QF-S
Celebrity spotting

To try and kill the Blues away as reported in dctorres post and bring a relief to the complaint threads let's get inspired by the Delta website and discuss celebrity spotting instead http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=351101 .

I am sure some people on this forum will be very good at this. I personnaly usually have absolutely no clue who most of the supposed celebrities are when I happen to travel near some... I remember a flight from Madrid with people coming for autographs to the person sat opposite me. He was, I later learnt, a famous Madrid football (soccer) player. The same happened on a few more occasions but I will never know who those people were...
Old Jul 19, 2005, 3:54 am

Programs: Many
Jean Reno and his family in december 2003 in the FC lounge of CDG 2C. He was going to Mauritius. I was going to Dakar.

And of course, the so beloved french football player Christophe Dugarry between Bordeaux and Paris onboard "la Navette".

Last edited by bodory; Jul 19, 2005 at 4:03 am
Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:12 am

Programs: DL GM
Flying LAX-CDG in May, I noticed both highbrow novelist T.C. Boyle and lowbrow actor/TV presenter Johnny Knoxville.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Last year, flying CDG-ATH, Boutros Boutros Ghali, previous UN Secretary General. The year before, on the same route, Bernard Tapie, a French business man and politician.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Ironically on a CDG-DUS AF operated flight former German and Real Madrid goalkeeper and World Cup winner Bodo Illgner and his infamous wife....

Julian Lennon, a couple of years ago on KL 611, a 743M service from AMS to ORD...
Old Jul 19, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
last september on a DUS to AMS on a tiny ickle F50 , was sat infront of the rapper Ice T and his mate ( god bless select seating ...) just after he had been on german celebrity pop idol show was quite a bumpy flight , he did not look to happy ... even less so when he found out that he may have missed his NW to detroit flight ... oh and on a recent kl flight from AMS to LBA I was sat next to the 70's band Smokie .... oh hang on ... I Work for them !!!

Last edited by psollitt; Jul 19, 2005 at 2:48 pm
Old Jul 19, 2005, 3:26 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Two years ago Dave on PAR-AMS, Henri Dusollier on VCE-PAR, Sebastien Loeb last year on BCN-PAR (he had just won the rally World Championship and I wouldn't have known except that the pilot made a fuss). The most remarkable wis sitting face to face on a TGV with Roselyn Bachelot - she didnt have a reserved seat on full train from Nantes and was the spitting image of her Guignolbehaving and talking exacty the same!

P.S. Great idea this thread...
Old Jul 19, 2005, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Last year, flying CDG-ATH, Boutros Boutros Ghali, previous UN Secretary General. The year before, on the same route, Bernard Tapie, a French business man and politician.
Tapie? Wasnt that the guy involved in Olympique Marseille in the early 90s?
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:49 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Latest sigtings first

Back Street Boys - In lounge at CGN, (had no idea who they were till I watched TV next day).

Jack McConnell - Boarding AMS - EDI, First Minister of Scotland (quite a short chap (I can talk), handed his coat to the FA then carried on down the back behind the SS zone).

Don Johnson - SFO bar. During the time he was filming Nash Bridges, we visited a bar near Pier 39, about 8 of us and I wanted to get the round in so shouted to the bar tender that I would get it, he pointed round and said "the whole crew" and we noticed almost everyone was wearing "Nash Bridges Crew" jackets, DJ and a young lady were to the left. We waited till he was leaving and asked for a picture, when he said, "can't be doing that", we took a picture after he had gone with a space in the middle of us all.

Davy Jones - LHR - JFK, ex Monkeys (was in Club but wandered through coach probably wanting to be spotted).

Rutger Hauer AMS terminal

Will try and get the memory cells working for more.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:55 pm

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by psollitt
last september on a DUS to AMS on a tiny ickle F50 , was sat infront of the rapper Ice T and his mate ( god bless select seating ...) just after he had been on german celebrity pop idol show was quite a bumpy flight , he did not look to happy ... even less so when he found out that he may have missed his NW to detroit flight ... oh and on a recent kl flight from AMS to LBA I was sat next to the 70's band Smokie .... oh hang on ... I Work for them !!!
In march I got snowed in at Schiphol. First day spotted a guy and I thought "there goes a roadie". Didn't get a chance to talk to him.

Next day spotted Rutger Hauer in the lounge at the European pier. At gate (finally going to Geneva) spotted the same roadie again. Turned out we were on the same flight, not just that - we we're going to the same place after landing in Geneva. He was working for my client (and yes he was a roadie).

He barely made it back to UK to go out on another tour with Thunder (not my client).

E
Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:02 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
oh oh .. ex skyteam one .. Des Lynum about a month ago LGW to lis in the lounge ... on TAP ...

Last edited by psollitt; Jul 19, 2005 at 5:14 pm
Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Emma65
I thought "there goes a roadie". E
oh now a days its hard to spot us .. we do not only drink newcastle brown ale ... also fine wine and good G and T's well and also fizzy water ! .. anyway not to perpetuate a stereotype of us 'unclean ' crew , the great Legion of the unwashed ! we also have lots of thousands of fb miles and no chance to spend them! ( not due to changes in fb) and upgrade rules ... but because we are busy working !
Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:42 pm

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by psollitt
oh now a days its hard to spot us .. we do not only drink newcastle brown ale ... also fine wine and good G and T's well and also fizzy water ! .. anyway not to perpetuate a stereotype of us 'unclean ' crew , the great Legion of the unwashed ! we also have lots of thousands of fb miles and no chance to spend them! ( not due to changes in fb) and upgrade rules ... but because we are busy working !
I hear you. I don't think we are that hard to spot though. It's something about the body language, dress code, style. The "been there done that" appearance. That flourescent numbered lammie luggage tag on the tool case is a dead give-away.

;-)

And I prefer A nice Merlot, V&T and Klsch.

E
Old Jul 19, 2005, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
David O Leary in AMS a couple of years back.

Haven't really seen anyone exciting. Or my brain isn't working to well at this time of the night. Sat next to one of the big exec's from Boeing. That conversation got more and more interesting as the wine flowed.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 12:31 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by kempis
Tapie? Wasnt that the guy involved in Olympique Marseille in the early 90s?
Indeed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.