Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DTW to LAS Flight Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2005, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yogimax
Sorry to share this but I've done two MRs in the last week and both included a flight cancelled due to "mechanical reasons." When I called the elite line tonight, I asked if the agent was noticing more cancellations. Her response? "I've already had ten people yelling at me this evening." My last MR is tomorrow. I'm not optimistic
Actually, I just checked today's FLL-MEM flight and discovered it was not cancelled, simply delayed over 6 hours! The NW website states "delayed due to non-scheduled maintenance."
Old Jul 27, 2005, 3:43 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Actually, I just checked today's FLL-MEM flight and discovered it was not cancelled, simply delayed over 6 hours! The NW website states "delayed due to non-scheduled maintenance."

"delayed due to non-scheduled maintenance" there is a lot of that going around these days.

You know when the mechanics pull this crap they loose any sympathy I had for them. Who are they hurting - the passengers that's who. The people who are the basis for their salary, real smart guys.

If you are going to strike just do it, don't make people miss weddings or miss time with their families, etc.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by hazelrah
"delayed due to non-scheduled maintenance" there is a lot of that going around these days.

You know when the mechanics pull this crap they loose any sympathy I had for them. Who are they hurting - the passengers that's who. The people who are the basis for their salary, real smart guys.

If you are going to strike just do it, don't make people miss weddings or miss time with their families, etc.
Exactly why, despite my darkest fears of switching over to the dark side (temporarily), NW will be losing my business for the next few months until everything gets settled. It's, sigh, Delta for my next two trips and back to NW at the end of the year, where, hopefully, they (the mechanics, management and this whole financial fiasco) will be settled down for the busy holiday travel rush.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I had the best laugh in a while last night. I boarded the MEM-LAS flight and we had to wait while a mechanic came on-board to replace an ashtray in an armrest.

AN ASHTRAY???????
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:07 am

Programs: NWA Platinum Elite, Million miler plus
Also seeing this lately:

"Cancelled due to crew work limitations."

as in NW 2835 and 5814 today (DSM/DTW)
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Canceled

Originally Posted by DESMOINESguy
Also seeing this lately:

"Cancelled due to crew work limitations."

as in NW 2835 and 5814 today (DSM/DTW)
Or how about this one

"Cancelled due to aircraft maintenance"

27 July- Departs: Baltimore/Washington-Int'l, MD ( BWI ) Arrives: Detroit-Wayne County Int'l, MI (DTW)

Gate: Gate:

Scheduled: 12:55PM Scheduled: 2:32PM

Actual: Cancelled Actual: Cancelled

Note: Cancelled due to aircraft maintenance.

Old Jul 27, 2005, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Sorry to share this but I've done two MRs in the last week and both included a flight cancelled due to "mechanical reasons." When I called the elite line tonight, I asked if the agent was noticing more cancellations. Her response? "I've already had ten people yelling at me this evening." My last MR is tomorrow. I'm not optimistic
Let me know how today's flights go if you can.

FWIW, I checked some of the routes and flights and I couldn't find one that was delayed even for weather, but again, past performance is not an indicator of future returns so we'll see....
Old Jul 27, 2005, 4:00 pm

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
Here is another cancellation for today

July 27, 2005

Departs: Minneapolis/St. Paul-Int'l, MN (MSP) Arrives: Baltimore/Washington-Int'l, MD ( BWI )

Gate: Gate:

Scheduled: 3:30PM Scheduled: 7:08PM

Actual: Cancelled Actual: Cancelled

Aircraft: Weather: BWI

Note: Cancelled due to aircraft maintenance.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 4:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
oops...
Old Jul 27, 2005, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Prem. 1K & 1MM, DL Platinum, AA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold. United, Sky, Admirals Club
Two days in a row for the same BWI flight...NOT GOOD... lots of the BWI- DTW were cancelled over the past few days, same with DCA- DTW.

WASJETBOY
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by civicmon
Let me know how today's flights go if you can.

Tuesday's FLL-MEM was delayed six hours due to "unscheduled maintenance."
I was fortunate to be rebooked on US to LGA. Now, it will be a hassle to have NW give me the FLL-MEM-LGA miles. The previous week, DTW-IND was cancelled due to maintenance.

Yesterday, I got back to LGA an hour late at 11PM. The FLL-MEM flight was a joke. As F was boarding, they stopped the process. The FAs and the pilot wanted to delay the flight because NO ONE cleaned the back of the incoming plane. The seats and aisles were a mess and the lavatories had not been touched. (I do believe the cleaners belong to the same union as the mechanics). The lead FA was incensed and demanded a cleaner right away. Good for her! Some guy came on with a carpet sweeper, sweeps for 10 seconds and leaves the plane. One of the other FAs was left to carry off the bathroom garbage. The lead FA then spent the first half hour of the flight writing a formal complaint about the FLL station manager.

I don't know the routing of your upcoming MR, but I hope it does not include FLL.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by mikey1003
I had the best laugh in a while last night. I boarded the MEM-LAS flight and we had to wait while a mechanic came on-board to replace an ashtray in an armrest.

AN ASHTRAY???????
I hadn't thought of it until I read your post... yesterday, I was in 1A, looked down and noticed that the ashtray had been forced down in the center leaving a V-shaped piece of metal. My first though was "why is there an ashtray?" and my second was "how did this happen?" I don't think you could force the metal down this way using your fingers and why would you in any case.

Your post, however, might offer an explanation. Certainly a broken ashtray does not, in any way, impair the safe operation of the aircraft. Apparently, though, it does require the service of a mechanic. Hmm.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Ashtrays

On a recent trip, I realized the ashtray had a raised lip that was slightly uncomfortable. Realized I'd noticed it the week before too, so I looked, and saw someone had bent it.

Yes -- I was sitting in the very same seat (2D on 5642). I need to get a life...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.