Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Lifetime Status: Does This Exist? Could It Ever Be Possible?

Hilton Honors Lifetime Status: Does This Exist? Could It Ever Be Possible?

Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:17 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Originally Posted by PaulGQ
Lifetime Gold is easily attainable.
HGVC comes with lifetime silver (for as long as you own the property) plus easy gold upgrades every year.
Can you give some more details on this .... I really ought to read all the stuff they send me
I knew that would make me automatic silver, but what's the qualification then for getting Gold and then Diamond
Old Oct 23, 2004, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3 Million Miler, HHonors Diamond (old school) Hertz Presidents Circle, CO-MM, now done.
I believe that my first Diamond card and statement was in '96 or so.

The criteria was top 1% or revenue, HHonors wide, not by number of nites or stays.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 2:32 pm

Programs: CO Plat - AW Plat - AA Gold - SPG Plat - HH Gold - HY Gold - WBR - Alpha Phi Omega - GO CANES!
Oddly enough, I called and asked for gold based on my Starwood Platinum and Marriott gold, and told them that I would give them all my marriott stays, and they gave me silver. I have used it twice as a silver - why would I use a crap card where I could get full platinum benefits including upgrades at starwoods?

Since then I am eating up starpoints and not staying at Hiltons. If they want my business, they'll have to send me something to entice me to switch. Even though I do fewer nights than some of you, I did manage to break 200 nights last year and so far this year I'm almost at last year's count.

So they don't just give it away - they didn't give it to me, and I am the person they really should give it to...
Old Nov 4, 2004, 3:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Lifetime Silver is available for free - no kidding, no annual fee, and no strings attached.

http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors...editcard.jhtml

Obviously "lifetime" in this case is the lifetime of the American Express partnership with HHonors. No reason to think that will end anytime soon though.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy,

I make Diamond pretty easily each year; and I really like Hilton - generally I am treated great.

But I have to admit each year I think about switching over to Marriott.

Someday I'll quit being on the road; and it'll be nice to have Platinum benefits with American Airlines for the rest of my life (or the life of the program).

I'd like to have some hotel status; it's a nice goal - and a huge incentive to booking stays in my opionon.

Just my two cents.

Keep the faith,

Pakse
Old Nov 5, 2004, 7:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pakse
But I have to admit each year I think about switching over to Marriott.
Not to go too OT, but Marriott does have published lifetime elite levels. Many hundreds of room-nights and several million lifetime points accrued are required, but the levels are available.

I have never had my MR Silver status taken away since I got my MR Visa card - in fact, they bumped me up to Gold a couple years ago and I'm still there. I have never actually qualified "the hard way" for any Marriott elite level. But they don't market their credit card with a Lifetime Silver benefit the way HH does so I would imagine that eventually they could take away my status. I also pay a $19 annual fee for the MR Visa whereas HH Amex is FREE.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:04 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
Is there an "HHonors Life Diamond" status?

Is there such a thing as "HHonors Life Diamond" status? I know Hyatt has one, but I am an HHonors devotee.

Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Not that any of us has ever heard about... unless the last name is Hilton, then you don't need Diamond.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Marriott has this program, but I don't believe Hilton supports it. They've chosen to go with the revolving staus year...

It has it's pros, but I just quit counting nights/stays....
Old Aug 2, 2005, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
How about a rolling decade ... you only need 200 more stays to qualify as Diamond for the 010-020 period....
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by hhonorman
I am just curious what one has to do to get a "lifetime" diamond.
With Hyatt, if you earn Diamond status for ten consecutive years, you automatically become a Life Diamond.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentStark
I had exactly 60 nights in the year that I reached Diamond.
I renew my Diamond status each year by accumulating over 100,000 base points in a twelve-month period.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by Hazmike
...but I just quit counting nights/stays....
I never count nights or stays to earn Diamond. I always manage to earn over 100,000 base points every 12 months.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 9:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I never count nights or stays to earn Diamond. I always manage to earn over 100,000 base points every 12 months.
So you do that for 10 or 15 years and then you get laid off or retire.
Then what?
Old Aug 3, 2005, 12:02 pm

-you get "lifetime" silver with an HGVC timeshare ownership (though your HHonors card will still show an expiration date).

-you get "lifetime" gold with an elite HGVC timeshare ownership (14,000 annual points - ~$50K+ retail).

-I was told they're considering "lifetime" Diamond for a super elite HGVC timeshare ownership (28,000 annual points? - ~$100K+ retail).

I was also told by an HGVC salesperson (who may be wrong) that after 10 years of gold status (continuous?) you get lifetime gold status. It seems like this would also be true for Diamond...but based on some posts from others, who claim 10+ years of Diamond status, maybe this isn't true. It could also be that they do have lifetime status but just don't know it because Hilton doesn't really advertise it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.