Wiki Posts
Search

Enlighten me about BizElite por favor

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2005, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Enlighten me about BizElite por favor

Well, I give up. Both the FAQ and a search turn up shockingly little information about Business Elite service. Is it that I am a bad searcher? Or is it that people in the DL forum have more important things to do than obsess over what year the pinot noir was and which designer name is on the foot balm this month?

Anyway I'm on DL115 BCN-ATL tomorrow, a 767. I'm in an outside aisle in row 5. Then connecting to a domestic 767 service to SEA. The connection time is kind of tight (85 minutes).

Can you guys offer me a quick guide to BE and the best way to get the most out of the experience? Being a fatass, I'm not very excited about those narrow seats but I imagine I'll survive. What else?

-alan

PS - Forgot the most important thing: will I have time to hit Popeye's while I'm in the airport?
Old Aug 9, 2005, 6:38 am

Programs: DL GM
Info on B/E from Delta website:http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...lite/index.jsp

Aircraft types, etc., from Delta website:http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...yout/index.jsp

With your B/E boarding pass you'll have access to both the B/E and Crown Room lounges in the international concourse as well as the CR on the concourse of your departing flight, but I wouldn't count on having a lot of time to relax there between flights (depends on how long it takes to clear immigration and customs, etc.).
Old Aug 9, 2005, 6:38 am

Programs: DL DM
What info on B/E are you looking for? I find it to be quite comfortable, but the only competitor product I have flown is UA Business between the US and Europe. Mid-cabin is the best for noise in my experience. Before they removed the small two row cabin behind B/E I thought that was the best place to be. If you are connecting on to DL197 (which is the closest connection to 85min that I could find at 81min) that is a B/E configured 767, so you have really lucked out. Domestic flights with B/E equip are harder and harder to come by these days. I'd say it should be a really nice trip. Depending on what time the flight from BCN arrives and where the flight to SEA leaves from, you may have time to hit the food court. Dinner is served in F on DL197 just FYI. Enjoy your trip!
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, UA, VX
Deleted as I figured I should start my own thread instead of infringe upon someone elses!

Last edited by egtravel; Aug 9, 2005 at 1:49 pm
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:48 pm

Alan BE is nothing special.

Seat pitch is excellent - width should be ok - recline is bad, worst I found was that the foot rest doesnt go high enough. If you have the chance to buy something like an inflatable pillow and rest your feet on that the whole trip should be more comfy.

In general don't expect much and you shold do fine.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 1:41 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 2:34 pm
Old Aug 9, 2005, 2:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by vinnmann
I am returning via MXP on a 777, and will let my ... decide after 10 hours in the seat.
Make sure your ... posts it's comments, vinnmann. I'm curious about this as I have an upcoming 777 flight.
Thanks....
Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
The 777 seat is wider, and I personally find it more comfortable (and no my rear end is not that wide)
Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Thanks everyone for the responses. As long as they aren't using those god-forsaken Tilt-A-Gurney™ seats that NW and KL and LH and MH and SK and lord knows who else are using, I'll probably be OK.

Now, what about the foot balm?
Old Aug 9, 2005, 8:08 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 2:38 pm
Old Aug 9, 2005, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by Cholula
Make sure your ... posts it's comments, vinnmann. I'm curious about this as I have an upcoming 777 flight.
Thanks....
Didn't you get the schedule change Cholula? Your 777 has been changed to a CRJ.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by Cholula
Thanks....
Don't be calling my buddy Vinnman an ...! He's a nice guy whose butt will easily fit into any seat, 777 or CRJ.

Why are you still awake Vinn?
Old Aug 9, 2005, 9:00 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 9, 2005, 9:19 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 2:38 pm
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:07 am

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
I <heart> Popeye's!!!!

Originally Posted by alanw
...PS - Forgot the most important thing: will I have time to hit Popeye's while I'm in the airport?
With only 85 minutes connection time, most probably not.

Unless, plane arrives on time, short lines at the immigration and security, and no checked luggage.

You are to arrive at Terminal E (there is a Popeye's at the food court), then have to take the escalator down to catch the 'train' to your domestic departure gate (very likely at Terminal A, might be a Popeye's there, not sure ). That could take up to 10 minutes.

Weather in Atlanta for the past few days have been bad and causing flight delays. Give me a ring if you need help. Free local calls at the BE lounge and Crown Room.

Have a safe trip.

Last edited by belle3388; Aug 10, 2005 at 10:33 am Reason: to remove digits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.