Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Board Room Members now have access to CO President Clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2005, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat

i just read that AS boardroom members now have access to all CO president clubs (both domestic and international) when traveling on a CO or AS ticket. what great news! for those who ever have to travel to IAH it will be a nice welcome. CO clubs all have comp wifi as well.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Outstanding news all around. Very generous as you can use it when flying either airline, not just AS. This really increases the value of the Boardroom membership.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Thumbs up Awsome news!!!

This is wonderful!!! I have been debating about switching to a World Club membership because of the limited access everywhere. I will renew now for sure. Now if they would only come up with a lifetime membership.....
Old Aug 17, 2005, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Info at the bottom of this page:

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/Fli...tionsHours.asp

Great news!!!
Old Aug 17, 2005, 4:14 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Question San

It would be even better news if they had a few less hoops.

I travel through SAN a few times per year. Unfortunately, this still does not help out there, since CO uses the Delta Crown Room in SAN, & entry is only permitted with a DL ticket, per the CO website:

San Diego, CA (SAN)
Delta Crown Room
Terminal 2 near Gate 37
Members must present their membership card and Delta Air Lines ticket issued for same-day departure for entry.
Guests Allowed: Yes

Doesn't AS have access to some DL clubs already?
Old Aug 17, 2005, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Is it a reciprocal arrangement?

PC members allowed into BR now too?
Old Aug 17, 2005, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
It would be even better news if they had a few less hoops.

I travel through SAN a few times per year. Unfortunately, this still does not help out there, since CO uses the Delta Crown Room in SAN, & entry is only permitted with a DL ticket, per the CO website:

San Diego, CA (SAN)
Delta Crown Room
Terminal 2 near Gate 37
Members must present their membership card and Delta Air Lines ticket issued for same-day departure for entry.
Guests Allowed: Yes

Doesn't AS have access to some DL clubs already?
From the AS website:

Delta Air Lines Crown Room Clubs

Board Room members have access to Delta Air Lines Crown Room Clubs in Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Salt Lake City with same-day travel on Delta Air Lines.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Junkie

i dont know if PC members are allowed in all BR. prior to today's announcement, CO members had access to the BRs in ANC, PDX, and YVR, three cities where CO didnt have lounges. i am sure that was in return for BR members previously having access to PC in EWR.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:29 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Question Is this a sign of a new relationship with CO?

I kind of wonder now if AS is rethinking their relationship with CO now. With KL not being a partner now, I wonder if maybe they might be heading towards more benefits for us flying CO. Perhaps EQM's?? That would be great as far as I am concerned. I have stayed away from CO for the last few years because of the lack of EQM's or any benefit for flying them. If they could give us some more perks like we have with NW, I would fly them in a heart beat. Perhaps this is all wishfull thinking. It would be nice if we could have another airline that we could earn EQM's on and have lounge access when flying them.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
I wish they would let BR members into the CO PC when flying NW. The SFO domestic NW WC was closed and they now use the PC. Works for WC members, didn't for BR members.

I actually got a WC membership for that reason.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaugeguy
I kind of wonder now if AS is rethinking their relationship with CO now. With KL not being a partner now, I wonder if maybe they might be heading towards more benefits for us flying CO. Perhaps EQM's?? That would be great as far as I am concerned. I have stayed away from CO for the last few years because of the lack of EQM's or any benefit for flying them. If they could give us some more perks like we have with NW, I would fly them in a heart beat. Perhaps this is all wishfull thinking. It would be nice if we could have another airline that we could earn EQM's on and have lounge access when flying them.

i hope that the AS-CO relationship improves as well. i wouldnt expect it to be as good as the AS-NW relationship. many NW people avoid CO unless they are on full fares because when you fly CO and credit miles to NW, different fare classes have EQM credited at either 50% or 100%. (kind of like the old DL system). but i guess 50% EQM is better than 0% eh?

i only fly CO if absolutely necessary, but welcome the change to PC access.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Junkie

If it is reciprocal, then CO PC is the new best Value IMHO.

It would allow access to CO and NW clubs anytime, regardless of who your ticketed on and allow access to Delta club's when flying delta and allow access to AS boardroom (if flying AS or CO).

Talk about a winning combo
Old Aug 20, 2005, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat
Wow.

This makes a Board Room membership among the most valuable to have for any traveler, domestically and even internationally.

I bet AS would love to work out a similar agreement with AA. I doubt AA would ever go for it, but if they did, I'd ditch my Admirals Club membership and sign up for BR in an instant.

Aaron G.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 6:27 pm

Unbeatable if reciprocal!

^ ^ I am also interested in the reciprocity question. I am a PC member and it is frustrating when flying through LAX to not be able to use the Board Room when flying AS. WorldClubs in the nearest in the next terminal which means extra security. It's not even worth bothering plus WC doesn't have hi-speed internet or wi-fi (though the BR doesn't have wi-fi at LAX yet either).

I would agree that all things considered the PC membership is now the way to go. In addition, if you are Elite on CO, you get generous discounts and the three year memberships provide even more of a value.

NOTE: To any one who is interested, I have a certificate that waives the initiation fee at PC. I'm not sure if it's transferrable. It does not specify. Free to a good home.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 8:37 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
DCA blues

While the new relationship with Continental is great, while flying out of DCA yesterday, it was essentially useless. Sure, the Board Room Web page indicates BR members flying on AS can use either the NW Worldclub or CO President's Club at DCA.

What it doesn't indicate is that neither are behind security where AS flights take off, gate 32 (there's a Delta and AA club near there, and I seem to recall we used to have use of the AA club). So it means going through security either late, or twice. And at DCA, since there's no premium passengar line, that can be a crapshoot.

Not very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.