Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Family Hotels Master Thread: Suggestions, Corrections & Updates for inclusion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Family Hotels Master Thread: Suggestions, Corrections & Updates for inclusion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2005, 6:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some

This thread is for all suggestions, corrections (eg broken links, things in the wrong place, etc) and updates for inclusion in the Hilton Family Hotel Master Thread.

Dates for master thread

(dates are approximate due to time zones)
  • Last updated - 05 March 2007
  • New threads since approx 22 December 2006 may not be linked in yet
  • Corrections since 22 December 2006 are not included yet

Possible Future Improvements

Some ideas for future improvements currently under consideration.
  • New Hilton Openings - next 12 months, past 12 months

Please feel free to post suggestions for ways to improve this thread.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Mar 4, 2007 at 8:33 pm
Old Aug 21, 2005, 6:10 am

Nice work KF.^

The "UK" link in the Europe section goes to the wrong post (Swedish Scandics). As there are so many UK properties, could this section be linked directly from the top level please? In fact, could you include each country as a top-level link?

Why isn't the thread sticky?
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

The UK link works fine for me.

Sweden and UK were the only countries other than USA & Canada (which are arranged by state) that had enough to warrant a separate post. Do you want links to both these from the top level index (post #1)? For all other countries clicking on the "continent" link in post #1 brings you to the post containing that country. AFAIK cannot create a link to partway down a post - or do you want each country put into separate posts, which can then be linked from the top level?
Old Aug 25, 2005, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Wow! Kiwi Flyer, you have done (and are doing) a phenomenal job!!! ^

One thing I am curious about: You are providing links to some of the FT threads on individual hotels and/or cities. How do you decide out of the HUGE number of threads which ones to link to?

For example, a titles-only search on "Paris" turns up something close to 175 threads. A titles-only search on "London" gives 343 results. How do you pick the worthwhile threads out of all that???
Old Aug 25, 2005, 12:31 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

I only linked in the threads with posts since the start of 2005 (or late 2004 in some cases where not much info) and only used simple search terms - ie I did not search on every city or hotel name. I did search on countries, states and major city names.

Personally I think more threads need to be linked (when I get some more time) - but wanted to have something up and running fairly quickly. This way at least the more popular destinations (eg London, New York, Hawaii) are well covered already.

If anyone wants to help by doing some searches for me then please PM me.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 5:39 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I am just wondering how long it took you to type all that stuff up, why you did it, if you did it yourself, and what you do for a living .

Thanks for the work you did.
Old Aug 30, 2005, 4:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

It took several weeks, working on it on and off.

I did it because I like to give back to the FT community, and given how much info on this forum is hard to find this seemed an obvious way I could help.

I do want feedback on how the master thread could be improved as I am sure FTers have good ideas.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 9:56 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

To have as many Hilton forum FlyerTalk members as possible be made aware of the Hilton Family Hotel Master Thread and all of the time and hard work invested in it by Kiwi Flyer, the thread has been designated a “sticky” thread until further notice.

Eventually, to keep the number of “sticky” threads in the Hilton forum reduced, the thread will lose its “sticky” status. However, the link to this thread, as well as the link to the Hilton Family Hotel Master Thread, currently found in the PLEASE READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Pertaining to Hilton HHonors, will remain there for easy access.

Of course, suggestions and comments are always welcome. Please post them in this thread.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
Old Sep 7, 2005, 10:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Thanks for stickying the main thread.

Everyone, the master thread is for you (yes, you).

If I dont get any feedback then I wont know whether you think its a waste of space, you are happy with the format, or have some great suggestions to improve it.

So, please let us know what we can do to help.

Thanks, and have a nice day.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 1:35 pm
Community Director Emerita

Awesome thread, and I am beginning to get the habit of starting there when I want to find information.

This link goes to a generic Hilton page, not the hotel page:

Santa Fe Hilton Family Hotels

* Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza - Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza fact sheet

I found a recent thread on the hotel for you to add www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436031
Old Dec 11, 2005, 11:20 pm

Smile

How about listing with Category?

Think it would be nice to look up all Cat 6,5,4,etc. especially when looking to redeem points.

Just a suggestion....

Great posting of all the locations - use this all the time!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by jay147
How about listing with Category?

Think it would be nice to look up all Cat 6,5,4,etc. especially when looking to redeem points.

Just a suggestion....

Great posting of all the locations - use this all the time!
This seems to be a great suggestion. I searched around, both here and on hilton.com, and couldn't seem to find a listing of hotels by category. If there is one out there, could someone direct me to it? KF - thanks for the great work!
Old Dec 24, 2005, 9:29 am
Community Director Emerita

See blondebomber´s sig

Originally Posted by Governator
I searched around, both here and on hilton.com, and couldn't seem to find a listing of hotels by category. If there is one out there, could someone direct me to it? KF - thanks for the great work!
blondebomber maintains such a list, and has a link to it in his sig.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 9:41 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
blondebomber maintains such a list, and has a link to it in his sig.
Thank you for the information, SanDiego1K.

Now get back to your vacation!

Here is the link to the downloadable Microsoft Excel spreadsheet file, courtesy of BlondeBomber:

BlondeBomber's Hilton HHonors Rewards Hotel Levels (1 MB!)
Old Dec 25, 2005, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
It would be really great to have a Flyer Talk comments section / review of each hotel that we could each post to. Then it would be easy to check if it is worth staying in a particular hotel, or go to one with better reviews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.