Wiki Posts
Search

Ride Report - '05 Lincoln LS V8

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2005, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Silver, SPG GOLD, Hertz PC
Ride Report - '05 Lincoln LS V8

This past week I rented a '05 Lincoln LS V8 in ROC for a trip to Philadelphia, with a quick stop in NYC.

Drove approx. 850 miles in 48 hours.

It was a pleasure to drive, compared to my LR Discovery. It is a great touring car for the long haul. I am not sure how much room there is in the back, but the front cabin seamed large enough.

This vehicle has heated and cooled front seats. The cooling feature is great for those warm days. If you do have the seat cooler on you may hear a fan running under the dash if you have your radio off. It took me a few minutes to find the noise. Not a big deal.

The vehicle had great passing power. It was easy to cruz at 95 while on Interstate 90. I averaged about 22 MPG for my entire trip. I tend to have a heavy foot, so I was very pleased with the MPG.

This version vehicle the powered trunk release, moonroof and the wood/leather steering wheel, Sat. Radio, In Dash CD changer, heated / cooled front seats, leather seats. Audio was nice, lots of power and good clarity. Controls on the steering wheel for volume and channel selection are a nice touch.

Over all drive - This vehicle felt like a sports sedan, handling great on the FDR in NYC. as well as on the open road (interstate 90). Good sticking power through the curves and parking lots - Brakes are solid. Very comfortable and quiet all around.

I would recommend this car to people that enjoy driving.

I heard that there is a V6 version. The Hertz Desk suggested the V8 over the V6.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
There is a V6 version but only seen the V8 at Hertz.

My last one was a 2003 and it was nice. Hoping to maybe score one in PHL or DEN as I booked a full-size with NL as a PC (though $50 in Monopoly money says they find me a Crown Vic with NL like SEA somehow always is able to).
Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Nice review. ^

I haven't driven the LS V8 at Hertz, but have driven a friend's V6 -- very entertaining car, and something I wouldn't have expected from Lincoln. The design IMO, is quite elegant as well.

Alas, the LS is discontinued after 2006. The upcoming Zephyr, as well as another Volvo-derived Lincoln will probably take its place on the low and high-ends respectively.
Old Sep 10, 2005, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I enjoy them myself. At BDL that is all they give me. LGA & LAS often give me one also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.