Celebrity Spotting at IC Hotels

Old Sep 13, 2005, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Celebrity Spotting at IC Hotels

Had just checked into IC Buckhead (Aug 31)& was going out for a walk, when noticed behind me a motor-biker looking chap with a Bandana on his head, following behind. Thought to myself, 'What kind of hotel have I chosen here', when looked again, & again - was none other than Hulk Hogan, who apparently had not much to do either that afternoon...as we came back to the hotel a couple hours later we spotted him again going next door into a Vitamin Superstore.

Would it have been too much ya think to go upto him & asked for a photo?! Was one of my brother's childhood heros, & would have made a bizarre honeymoon snap.
Old Sep 13, 2005, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This is a no-brainer if you are staking out the IC Toronto [on Bloor] this week as this is the HQ hotel for the annual Toronto International Film Festival, and ranks with The Carlton in Cannes in this regard. You'll find just about every celeb Hollywood and its offshore satellites has to offer passing through the lobby. If they're not staying there, then they're picking up their Swag Bag from the Swag Suite. Were I into such gawking, I'd use my RA status to book a room and hang out in the lobby. Or maybe just flash my tags to the doorman to get in for an afternoon of star sightings...
Old Sep 14, 2005, 8:50 am

I was having breakfast at the Holiday Inn Select North in Indianapolis and Larry Bird walked in to have a breakfast meeting.
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Last time I stayed at the HI Capitol Hill, was having breakfast when who should settle into the table across from me but former Secretary of Labour Robert Reich and MIT professor Noam Chomsky. Now that was a fascinating conversation to pretend not to be listening to as I pretended to continue reading my Wall Street Journal and listening to NPR's Morning Edition over my earphones!
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Bill and Hillary AND Fidel Castro at the I-C GVA some years ago. Enough guys with earphones in the lobby to form an army. Plus one stationed in a chair on my floor!
Old Sep 16, 2005, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Jeez. now that would have been an interesting one to have lounge access for!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.