Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Snack Basket Fluke?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Gold
Snack Basket Fluke?

I have had 2 flights in a row (9/28 - MSP-CLT) & (10/2 - CLT-MSP) where the snack basket was not offered in FC. Is this just a fluke, or has this been discontinued?
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
The snack basket was offered on my LGA-DCA and DCA-DFW flights this weekend. Hopefully you just experienced a fluke.

As a side note, anyone else see the "Screaming Yellow Zonkers"? I think it's my new favorite snack basket item!***

***at least until the return of the XOs
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:17 am

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Fluke. Just had the snack basket on my flights up and back to BDL this past weekend.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1k, Qantas, Delta, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Snack basket was present on flights between CLT and MDT this weekend. Didn't notice the Screaming Yellow Zonkers (what are they?). Just had a bag of cashew/sesame stick mix, which appears to have replaced the bags of cashews.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 1:40 pm

Programs: US CP, HH DIA, IC AMB
Screaming yellow zonkers are caramel coated popcorn. Had them on the R/T CLT_TPA this weekend. F/A said they came over with HP.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Not quite caramel...but yes, some buttery-sugary coated popcorn.
http://www.lincolnsnacks.com/zonkers/index_on.asp

My FA said they started carrying them on Oct 1.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Ah yes. Had the Screaming Yellow Zonkers today from IND to CLT and CLT to PHL. I'm glad to see that the new US is freshening the snack basket, as a previous poster noted, rather than shrinking it. Interesting that the new snack came over from HP; I didn't receive anything other than a generic nut mix when I flew them over the summer in F.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by shell nyc
The snack basket was offered on my LGA-DCA and DCA-DFW flights this weekend. Hopefully you just experienced a fluke.

As a side note, anyone else see the "Screaming Yellow Zonkers"? I think it's my new favorite snack basket item!***

***at least until the return of the XOs
XOs in the basket on the 300p LGA-BOS shuttle today!
Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:39 am

Programs: US CP, *Gold, AA Peon
Food in First

Had the Screaming Yellow Zonkers for the first time on a 10-2 flight from PHL to SEA. They're awesome.

I solely earned my elite status to receive the free drinks and food in first!! I'm quite bummed when I don't get upgraded, but not because I am cramped in the back, but jealous of all the free food being dished out in F. (smile)

Has anyone ever asked for 2 entrees? The most packets you've taken from the snack basket?

-GH
Old Oct 4, 2005, 5:23 am

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by ghhoughton
Has anyone ever asked for 2 entrees? The most packets you've taken from the snack basket?
Back in '94, I was flying home on a mini-run/vacation trip on a Sunday morning. On my last flight, PIT-CAK, I was the only passenger up front on an F-100 (boy these were the days when US flew the F-100 PIT-CAK). Told the FA I was picking up my mom in CAK and we were driving back to PIT to catch a Pirates game that afternoon. She gave me most of a bag of peanut packs to take to the game. I was stocked in roasted peanuts for a long time.

On an unrelated thought, I was eating a KitKat this morning for breakfast wishing it were really an XOXO. Does anyone else have these feelings??
Old Oct 4, 2005, 7:59 am

Programs: US CP
Originally Posted by jimcfsus
I was eating a KitKat this morning for breakfast wishing it were really an XOXO. Does anyone else have these feelings??
Yes.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 8:15 pm

XO's and a Coke...breakfast of champions!!
Toblerone and Godiva chocolates have returned to Duty Free so I"m sure the XO's aren't too far behind if they aren't on the airplanes already.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
No xoxos in the snack basket on the LGA-DCA Shuttle this morning but there was one on the tray next to the sandwich and potato salad this evening on the way down to MCO.
After the trays had been picked up, a guy came up to the FA and had him rummage around in the trays for any leftover packages.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
No xoxos in the snack basket on the LGA-DCA Shuttle this morning but there was one on the tray next to the sandwich and potato salad this evening on the way down to MCO.
After the trays had been picked up, a guy came up to the FA and had him rummage around in the trays for any leftover packages.
Okay you guys, fess up! Which one of you was it??
Old Oct 4, 2005, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ghhoughton
Had the Screaming Yellow Zonkers for the first time on a 10-2 flight from PHL to SEA. They're awesome.

I solely earned my elite status to receive the free drinks and food in first!! I'm quite bummed when I don't get upgraded, but not because I am cramped in the back, but jealous of all the free food being dished out in F. (smile)

-GH
Yes. The second entree or snack is usually easy to obtain if they have any leftovers. Flying HP this summer, though, they required payment for a really gross snack box from Y even though I was seated in F when I asked for seconds. They were out of seconds in F.

My GF was the only passenger in F on a 321 from CLT to BDL last December - what are the chances of that ??? The FA showered her with a barf bag full o' mini bottles of her choice. On another occasion a FA gave her a full bag of Milanos, back in the day. I've never been so lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.