ARCHIVE: Celebrity sightings on US Airways Flights

Old Oct 3, 2005, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold
ARCHIVE: Celebrity sightings on US Airways Flights

September 26th, Miami to Charlotte. Hershel Walker, University of GA running back who played in the NFL with Dallas, Minnesota and Philly.

I was at the ticket counter when I noticed Hershel come up withthe bagfs of some lady. It was an elderly lady and she thanked him for helping her with her bags. Nice guy! ^ Anyway, he checks in and I'm waiting to see about getting an earlier flight. I then hear the one G/A tell another that the guy was Hershel. Long story shortened, he was up front and I was in steerage so I didn't talk to him but I did walk down the jettway behind him. Surprisingly he's not that tall about 6'1" and he didn't look thick. He looked like a guy who went to the gym regularly but nothing more.

That's my brush with fame.

Last edited by sassamanlaw; Oct 3, 2005 at 11:30 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 3, 2005, 1:51 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
I've seen ted Kennedy a number of times in the last 12 months on DCA-LGA and DCA-BOS Shuttles. One of the times he road in coach!
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:06 pm

Programs: US Silver, Hilton Diamond,
I met David McCullough (author) at the B/C US Air Club at PHL about 2 months ago. He's a favorite of mine, and his "1776" was just published, so it was quite a treat.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:08 pm

Programs: US CP
I'll be on the DCA-BOS Shuttle next Tuesday.

I will have to keep my eyes peeled for ol' Ted.

Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:11 pm

Location: Greensboro, NC (US Air CP = Compassionate Proctology, Hilton Diamond)
Ted

I would keep my eyes peeled for Ted in the parking lot more so than in the Shuttle.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
About a year-and-a-half ago, I was sitting in 1C and the late, great Bob Denver was in 1F. The FA's were making quite a fuss over him, as you can imagine.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Memorial Day weekend this year - the Sunday 6 p.m. ish flight from PHL to LAX - had Levar Burton (Geordi), Michael Dorn (Worf), Gates McFadden (Dr. Crusher), and Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) all in the row in front of me on a 321 in F. They were coming back from a SciFi convention near PHL and were very nice folks.

Last year (September 23, 2004) - 6 p.m. ish flight from CLT to SFO - Don Shula was in the row in front of me. Nice guy - he pretty much slept most of the way - was heading out for fun, not business.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:04 pm

On September 25, I got to sit next to SOBE ER DOC on FLL-DCA. Should have asked for his autograph!
Old Oct 3, 2005, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by PersonalCareChemist
I would keep my eyes peeled for Ted in the parking lot more so than in the Shuttle.

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by SS255
About a year-and-a-half ago, I was sitting in 1C and the late, great Bob Denver was in 1F. The FA's were making quite a fuss over him, as you can imagine.
Was Mr. Denver alive or dead at this point?
Old Oct 3, 2005, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Member
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
I wasn't there, but it sounds like he could have been spending a year dead for tax reasons (see Hotblack Desiro, from Douglas Adams' Restaurant at the End of the Universe).
Old Oct 3, 2005, 6:18 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Originally Posted by CLTFlyer
I wasn't there, but it sounds like he could have been spending a year dead for tax reasons (see Hotblack Desiro, from Douglas Adams' Restaurant at the End of the Universe).
My wife worked for Gilligan's former accountant here in WV. Knowing him, this scenario would not have surprised me.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by AtlanticBeach
On September 25, I got to sit next to SOBE ER DOC on FLL-DCA. Should have asked for his autograph!
I sat next to SOBE ER DOC before he was "SOBE ER DOC"!!! He made his first post on FT the day after we were seatmates! Maybe you should be asking for my autograph.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
He was alive before I stole all the XOXO's from the snack basket.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:24 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I had Bill Kristol across from me in F on a flight CLT-MIA weeks before the 2004 election. I'm not sure anyone else recognized him, though he periodically does talking head stuff on cable news channels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.