Award booking issues on FB website

Old Oct 12, 2005, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Award booking issues on FB website

I just booked an award ticket from Paris to Jakarta on the FP website. It offered me an award on KLM for the dates I want for 110,000 miles. I accepted and booked the ticket and paid the taxes. The reservation confirmed though shows the flights in Economy!!?? What is going on here? Does anyone have experience of this? I will call FB when they open!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 9:52 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by AshleyB
What is going on here? Does anyone have experience of this? I will call FB when they open!
Yes, call them asap.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...30&postcount=3

And for the Y+J=J theorem:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475260
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:50 pm

Programs: KLM-FB Gold, PriorityClub Platinum Amb.
There we go again...

Mod: Can't we make a sticky about this one?

Just pick 'the best of' the following threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454612
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458263
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473260
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475260
Old Oct 13, 2005, 12:23 am
Original Poster

A quick update. I just got off the phone with FB. There is no availability on KLM to Jakarta in business class for the month of december. So I will go to Singapore instead for 120,000 on AF (which I much prefer to KLM anyway) and buy a ticket to jakarta. Not precisely the result I wanted but at least they did not hold me to my reservation in economy (and I had to pay another 25 taxes for a total of 175!!). The lady was helpful but claimed to have never heard of this problem. Oh really?? Yes it should be a sticky.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 1:44 am
Suspended

So I will go to Singapore instead for 120,000 on AF (which I much prefer to KLM anyway) and buy a ticket to jakarta.
Absolutely shocking statement !!

Especially if both carriers use 744 equipment...
Old Oct 13, 2005, 5:06 am

Programs: KL/AF Platinum
So I will go to Singapore instead for 120,000 on AF (which I much prefer to KLM anyway)

There are crazy people everywhere!

Rgs,
Old Oct 13, 2005, 6:20 am

Absolutely shocking statement !
There are crazy people everywhere!
Hey relax! De gustibus et coloribus non disputantum est...
Old Oct 13, 2005, 6:28 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by KLouis
Right !

However some people here maybe think Flying Blue means Fly KL instead of AF
Old Oct 13, 2005, 6:32 am

Programs: FB-PFL / MH-G / QF-S
Originally Posted by bodory
Right !

However some people here maybe think Flying Blue means Fly KL instead of AF
Spot on...
Old Oct 13, 2005, 12:57 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
The lady was helpful but claimed to have never heard of this problem.
That is not possible (that she has never heard about it before).
Originally Posted by Threy
Absolutely shocking statement !!

Especially if both carriers use 744 equipment...
AF operates a 77W (777-300 ER), NTC, of course. One of the most recent aircrafts of the fleet. I don't think there is much better use of 120,000 miles on such a long flight. Try to get a seat in row 3 or 4, the J mini cabin between the F/J galley and the F cabin. If they use 2 jetways for boarding, you might even have the opportunity to board by the front jetway, reserved for passengers seated between rows 1 and 4 and to be greeted by the F purser. It is also admitted that AF's service is slightly better on asian routes than on transatlantic routes. I am booked on this flight in January and am looking forward to this "simply pathetic" experience.

Originally Posted by KLouis
Non licet omnibus adire Singaporem...
Old Oct 13, 2005, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
That is not possible (that she has never heard about it before).AF operates a 77W (777-300 ER), NTC, of course. One of the most recent aircrafts of the fleet. I don't think there is much better use of 120,000 miles on such a long flight. Try to get a seat in row 3 or 4, the J mini cabin between the F/J galley and the F cabin. If they use 2 jetways for boarding, you might even have the opportunity to board by the front jetway, reserved for passengers seated between rows 1 and 4 and to be greeted by the F purser. It is also admitted that AF's service is slightly better on asian routes than on transatlantic routes. I am booked on this flight in January and am looking forward to this "simply pathetic" experience.

never thought I would need my Latin again
Old Oct 14, 2005, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
That is not possible (that she has never heard about it before).AF operates a 77W (777-300 ER), NTC, of course. One of the most recent aircrafts of the fleet. I don't think there is much better use of 120,000 miles on such a long flight. Try to get a seat in row 3 or 4, the J mini cabin between the F/J galley and the F cabin. If they use 2 jetways for boarding, you might even have the opportunity to board by the front jetway, reserved for passengers seated between rows 1 and 4 and to be greeted by the F purser. It is also admitted that AF's service is slightly better on asian routes than on transatlantic routes. I am booked on this flight in January and am looking forward to this "simply pathetic" experience.

I really do think AF is better to Asia than KLM. I just came back last week from Beijing on AF and it was v good with new seats. Unfortunately HKG - which is one my normal routes - is still old seats and doesn't look like being changed soon.

I could have spent 40,000 more for first class but decided against it as the J seats are pretty good and the last time I got upgraded to first I enjoyed it but didn't think it so out of this world that I would pay for it. A mistake maybe?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

just looked for 2 tickets FRA-SFO for next June. With 'the FB member is flying' I got 90.000 Miles for 2 Tickets; how does that work?

Departing from : Frankfurt, Frankfurt Intl (FRA), GERMANY
Arriving at : San Francisco, San Francisco Intl (SFO), USA

Departure date : Wednesday, June 7, 2006
Return date : Thursday, June 22, 2006
Your Miles balance : xxx xxx Miles

Passengers : 2 Adults

"Open Miles" option, for Air France and KLM flights only Skyteam Award scheme

Business From 320 000 Miles
Business From 125 000 Miles

Economy Class From 200 000 Miles
Economy Class From 90 000 Miles

Last edited by cfischer; Oct 27, 2005 at 3:09 pm
Old Oct 30, 2005, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Angry

Hi,

I finally went through the booking process, found some seats in July for FRA-SFO, 2xBUS , 160 000 Miles , looks o.k. ; I am going through the entire booking process (taking screenshots of everything), entering my credit card details on the payment page and submit the thing... Processing ... 'The page does not exist' empty page . Did they book it ? So far no Email confirmation, but the seats are no longer available, any suggestions what I can do to find out whether the booking went through? How long does it typically take for FB to send ETKTs?
Thanks for any advice
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:41 am

Programs: Air France/KLM FB-GOLD, Ethiad Guests GOLD, HHonors DIAMOND, Lufthansa Miles&More
Originally Posted by cfischer
Hi,

I finally went through the booking process, found some seats in July for FRA-SFO, 2xBUS , 160 000 Miles , looks o.k. ; I am going through the entire booking process (taking screenshots of everything), entering my credit card details on the payment page and submit the thing... Processing ... 'The page does not exist' empty page . Did they book it ? So far no Email confirmation, but the seats are no longer available, any suggestions what I can do to find out whether the booking went through? How long does it typically take for FB to send ETKTs?
Thanks for any advice

Hiya, I'm looking for AMS-SFO for SEP2006, if available C as well. I'm wonder how much tax did you pay for each ticket?
There is avalaibility but I'm still don't know how much the tax etc. will be.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.