Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Old Sep 7, 2007, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I like it when the site goes down for a while. When it comes back up, it's blazingly fast - probably either because nobody's on it or because they use poor garbage collection.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I just got an email from UalMessaging, sent 9/7/07 at 5:20 pm, confirming my upgrade on Flight 616 from ORD to DCA at 2:00 pm on 9/5/07. I've never received notification 2 days after I took the subject flight before.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Attempting to view seat map returns:

Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:27 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
the details link under the actual flight status page brings up the detailed flight status page but surprise, surprise, surprise....the page is blank .
Old Sep 11, 2007, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Wow, the change flight feature needs some updating.
Code:
United 7875 
Operated by UNITED EXPRESS/ATLANTIC COAST AIRLINES 

United 5402 
Operated by UNITED EXPRESS/AIR WISCONSIN
Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Trying to book an itinerary on dot.bomb and surprisingly:

There was an error in processing your request. Please see the message below for instructions.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

E - 4100 - 10118
Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
It must still be having problems. I did a dummy award booking to check fare class and upgrade availability and it is telling me that A320 has C,D & Z availbility!!! Yeah, right
Old Sep 13, 2007, 4:57 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by sierranevada
It must still be having problems. I did a dummy award booking to check fare class and upgrade availability and it is telling me that A320 has C,D & Z availbility!!! Yeah, right
Actually, that is possible. If an A320 is used to fly the domestic portion of an international flight (e.g. UA938 SEA-ORD-LHR), then that domestic flight may show business class availability.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by g_leyser
Actually, that is possible. If an A320 is used to fly the domestic portion of an international flight (e.g. UA938 SEA-ORD-LHR), then that domestic flight may show business class availability.
You learn something new everyday! I ended up call 1P # cause I was having trouble booking and the agent said it was a Z fare for the reason you stated and it would book me into first class. I was trying to book three tickets and could not get all three at the lower fare. 1P line could do it so saved me $700 per ticket.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:11 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Can someone explain to me why, when I view My Itineraries, I get a "System could not retrieve some of the Itineraries. Please try again. " message in red at the top, but my list of itineraries shows up fine? It just started doing that recently...
looks like this is fixed in the release of ual.com that got installed last night.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 1:53 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Can someone explain to me why, when I view My Itineraries, I get a "System could not retrieve some of the Itineraries. Please try again. " message in red at the top, but my list of itineraries shows up fine? It just started doing that recently...
looks like this is fixed in the release of ual.com that got installed last night.
yup, it does look like it's been fixed as my red is all gone.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
.bomb ate one of my itineraries last night

When checking "My Itineraries" on .bomb, I noticed one of my trips was gone. Even searching via locator number/ticket number did nothing.

I called reservations, and the agent told me that the itinerary was canceled, and told me to call the travel agent who ticketed my itinerary. When I told her I purchased the ticket from UA's site, she notified a supervisor who was able to recreate the original reservation. The agent had no idea how the itinerary disappeared.

Check your itineraries, everyone. Strange stuff happening...
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Upgrade all: Frankfurt Germany (FRA) to San Francisco California (SFO)

We're sorry; we cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later or contact United Reservations at 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331).

Since my objective was to sponsor a friend with an SWU, if I do actually call, then I have go to an airport to sign a "bluey"!
Old Sep 18, 2007, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Customer alert: united.com

Were sorry.

You may be experiencing a small delay while either purchasing or searching for fares on united.com.

We are working to resolve this issue quickly.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52324,00.html

Take your time - some of us have been waiting for years now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.