Suggestions for good places to eat in Calgary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2005, 8:10 pm
aw
Original Poster

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Suggestions for good places to eat in Calgary

Hi,

I will be in YYC downtown for a couple of days and would like to read some good recommendations from locals about where to find the best Canadian or steakhouse fare. Since I live in SFO, I am spoiled by excellent ethnic cuisines, so what I am looking for is something more typical of the region. I would love to hear from you about your favorite places and what makes them great. Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2005, 9:41 pm

Alberta is beef country so a steakhouse would qualify.

Hy's on 4th Ave SW is an old classic although I will confess I haven't been in there for over a decade.

I hear good things about Saltlik on the 8th Ave mall but have not been.

There's also this place called Buzzards, promises authentic cowboy cuisine, I get the impression it's nothing special but again I've never been.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:50 am

Programs: AC MM
Check out this thread for some recent advice.

There are plenty of great Steakhouses in Calgary, my favorite places are Caesars and Carvers. Carvers isn't downtown, it is closer to the airport, but is my favorite. Here is a link with some names and addresses.

Definitely check out Escoba which is in the other thread I link to above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.