Wiki Posts
Search

777 F Configuration to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2005, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG
777 F Configuration to LHR

After much consideration and wanting to try the flagship suite, heavily advertized on AA.com I've decided to upgrade to F using miles, only to discover that it was 2x2x2 configuration. I did fly in F last year from GRU and the configuration was 1x2x1, with swiveling seats, etc... Is this configuration not available on flights to LHR? only certain ones, how can I find out apart from calling or checking each flight seats on aa.com?
Old Oct 29, 2005, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Check out this thread about the F configuration on 777's . I did a search for "suites coffins" and there were lots of relevant hits.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
The bottom line is that you currently have a 33% random chance or so (whatever the percentage of coffin configured planes is) that your flight will be in a coffin. This is supposed to change sometime next year, but for now it's pot luck.
Old Oct 29, 2005, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nologic
The bottom line is that you currently have a 33% random chance or so (whatever the percentage of coffin configured planes is) that your flight will be in a coffin. This is supposed to change sometime next year, but for now it's pot luck.
That's not accurate.

Effective next week, the seat-maps will show what config is scheduled to operate on that date-- just like the "old days." So if you see coffins-- you'll almost certainly get coffins. If it shows suites, you can be pretty confident of your chance of getting same-- it's far from random-- effective Nov. 1.

Needless to say, substitutions can, will and do occur-- but the pot-luck system that has caused so much disappointment and confusion over the last few months is over.

Last edited by JonNYC; Oct 29, 2005 at 6:35 pm
Old Oct 30, 2005, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by JonNYC
That's not accurate.

Effective next week, the seat-maps will show what config is scheduled to operate on that date-- just like the "old days." So if you see coffins-- you'll almost certainly get coffins. If it shows suites, you can be pretty confident of your chance of getting same-- it's far from random-- effective Nov. 1.

Needless to say, substitutions can, will and do occur-- but the pot-luck system that has caused so much disappointment and confusion over the last few months is over.

Just to be clear... when I am making reservation today for the end of November flights to LHR is there a way I check in advance what type of configuration the flight will be?
Old Oct 30, 2005, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by latinrusso
Just to be clear... when I am making reservation today for the end of November flights to LHR is there a way I check in advance what type of configuration the flight will be?
Not yet. If you can hold off until Tuesday, the maps should be accurate.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Not yet. If you can hold off until Tuesday, the maps should be accurate.
Although I did notice a few days ago that for flights on LHR-JFK later this week, some were showing suites and some coffins on the seat maps. Are you saying it's still not "accurate"? Or maybe they just got a few routes started early.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 10:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Although I did notice a few days ago that for flights on LHR-JFK later this week, some were showing suites and some coffins on the seat maps.
That's definitely my impression as well-- I think the seatmaps are already accurate-- for any flight operating on/after Nov. 1.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 9:24 pm
Suspended

I was just told that agents have had permission for a while to actually specify what config is scheduled to operate for any flight post 11/1-- I'll be curious to see if it's like the way it used to be, i.e. that certain flights generally have certain configs-- suites on LHR-LAX, JFK-GRU, AA100, etc. and coffins on all NRT-- or it will just be that one can see what aircraft is scheduled for a given day-- but w/ zero route-predictability. I haven't looked at any of the charts myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.