How do Charles and Camilla fly?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, AF Plat & QR Plat (all the hard way), AA 3MM (worthless), smattering of others

Just curious, do they fly BA across the pond or a private jet? I'm particularly curious about how they'll be arriving in San Francisco for their visit here later this week. Thanks for any info.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 1:15 am

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
According to CBS News, they used a private chartered jet.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 1:16 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
When the Three Princes (Chuck, Bill and Adolf) visited Vancouver some years ago Chuck and Adolf flew across the pond in a private jet loaned by a wealthy private citizen. Due to reasons of succession and security, William flew separately.....

Perhaps Camilla and Charles have chartered their own jet, either a business jet, a BA jet, or a RAF plane...
Old Nov 2, 2005, 2:40 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For helping people with the above translation:

Chuck = Charles
Bill = William
Adolf = Harry (the Halloween clown)

"Gifted" private jets or chartered flights (including BA planes) is not unheard of.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:07 am

Programs: NW Gold, United Premier, Hertz 5 Star, Priority Club PLT, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder

Chuck = Charles
Bill = William

"Gifted" private jets or chartered flights (including BA planes) is not unheard of.
Leave the poor boy alone. He's not even sure who his father is!! Di was having an affair 9 months before his birth.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 8:20 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by sh9168
Leave the poor boy alone. He's not even sure who his father is!! Di was having an affair 9 months before his birth.
I thought they cleared that one up a while ago. Apparently, he is indeed Charles's.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Just as the U.S. Air Force has a unit based at Andrews AFB operating Presidential and VIP transports, the RAF has a similar squadron.

Quoting from their website at:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/OutPut/Page2611.asp

The King's Flight, founded in 1936, became No. 32 (The Royal) Squadron in 1995 and is used by ministers, commanders and the Royal Family to provide transportation throughout the UK and around the world.

Charles and Camilla may have used private jets to keep a lower profile on this visit.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by greggwiggins
Just as the U.S. Air Force has a unit based at Andrews AFB operating Presidential and VIP transports, the RAF has a similar squadron.

Quoting from their website at:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/OutPut/Page2611.asp

The King's Flight, founded in 1936, became No. 32 (The Royal) Squadron in 1995 and is used by ministers, commanders and the Royal Family to provide transportation throughout the UK and around the world.

Charles and Camilla may have used private jets to keep a lower profile on this visit.
The national air force in plenty of countries have a "VIP"-handling service of sort; and it occassionally -- or even routinely -- gets abused. Then again the air force commanders usually want to win favor with whom they can by not making full disclosures or being excessively creative. The UK and the US have not been exceptions in this regard. (And they are not alone.)
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I don't know if this means anything but the Queen of England was invited to visit New Zealand and flew on an Air NZ jet in first class, just her and her staff.

Her name legally had to show up on a passenger manifest so they came up w/ a psuedonym and she was the last person to board.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Chuck = Charles
Bill = William

LMAO Nice nicks esp the Harry one.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Times reported that the prince chartered a 757 at a cost of a quarter million pounds (charged to taxpayers). Environmentalists are outraged at the extra emissions/pollutants; they argue he should have flown BA First instead - a scheduled plane that was going anyway.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by civicmon
I don't know if this means anything but the Queen of England was invited to visit New Zealand and flew on an Air NZ jet in first class, just her and her staff.

Her name legally had to show up on a passenger manifest so they came up w/ a psuedonym and she was the last person to board.
I remember seeing this on the BBC TV show Airport (or was it Airline?). Incredible! NZ had to remove all of their FC seats, so that the Queen could have her personal FC seats installed on the NZ jet. I wonder what the Queen did with her in-transit stop at LAX enroute to AKL?!!
Old Nov 2, 2005, 1:02 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
>do they fly BA across the pond or a private jet?

When Queen Elizabeth last visited Canada she flew here in a Royal Canadian Air Force airbus. As our head of state visiting her Canadian "home" she flew in one of "her" RCAF planes.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada
Old Nov 2, 2005, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The tv news I saw was with the Roaming Royals standing in front of a B757 (I believe) with the GB flag on the inside door and tail markings I did not recognize.

MisterNice
Old Nov 2, 2005, 1:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FWAAA
The Times reported that the prince chartered a 757 at a cost of a quarter million pounds (charged to taxpayers). Environmentalists are outraged at the extra emissions/pollutants; they argue he should have flown BA First instead - a scheduled plane that was going anyway.
And in the case, the environmentalists have a pretty good point...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.